Favourate & Least Favourate

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Who is your favourate Biblical character and why?
Who is your least favourate Biblical charater and why?

(Ideal format would be (a) Name and (b) Reason(S) and whilst you may have more than one please only select one).

Comments

• job... because I can relate... at times...
  • Ouff...hard one... :-\

Uhmm...favorite :

Our dear Lord, Jesus Christ
    The Virgin Mary
    King David
    John the Beloved
    St. Peter
    ...and soooo many more!! If I'd start enumerating I would not finish...hehe.

least favorite:

Judas Iskariot
    queen Izebel
    Absalom
    ....and all the other mean persons in the Bible ;)

• Favorite
    Virgin Mary
    Ilara
    St. Mark
    Pope Kyrillos
    and many more................

Least Favorite
    *I would have to agree with Coptic-Irini*
    Judas because he betrayed our Lord
    and Peter when he denied the Lord
  • Am I right in saying that in some cases people feel that they can relate to somebody from the Bible?
    Could this be a reason?

If you are about to have a child what name would you choose and why? I am interested in the process than specifics.
  • [flash=200,200]http://FAVORITE[/flash]

St. Mary- was all pure to hold GOD
    Job- we can all try to be like him
    Joseph- he sufeered much but was still with GOD
    John the Beloved- he was there for God at all times
    [flash=200,200]http://LEAST FAVORITE[/flash]

Judas Iskariot- traded God in and then tried to go back
    Cane- he killed his little brother
    The brothers of Jacob- were jealous and mad that he was favored
    Laban- tricked Jacob over and over

[flash=200,200]http://MoNsTer[/flash]
  • Nobody has asked me and I feel so sad :'(

I like Joseph for taking the vigin Marry with child.
    I also like John probably the most because (a) his recognistion of Christ (something the Jews could do well to have followed), and (b) for being prepared to lose his head over Jesus. I also like his life style.

I am not too keen on Judas for putting money first and before his creator.
    I am also disapointed in Peter for denying Jesus not once but three times.

• and Peter when he denied the Lord

wow, peter! he is one of my favorites, I mean he loved Christ so much, he denied him but he repented. I also like Paul, St John the Beloved, John the Baptist, of course, our mother St. Mary, and many more im too lazy to type.

And I must agree with copticchic and copticirini on the least favorites, although i should not be one to judge.
  • To Christ4Life:

Today's sermon in church they were talking about being HUMBLE – a concept that many of us perhaps do not practice enough (and I can certainly name at least 1 person I’ve encountered so far!!). Anyway back to the point, they were talking about Joseph – now with my Italian connection here I know that Joseph is very favoured. It appears that we as Orthodox do not give him the credit due for we only seem to have 1 church with his name in Egypt (somebody may wish to clarify this). Anyway, they said that imagine today if somebody was told that his fiancée is pregnant then what would they do. You may recall my previous posting about Joseph. Joseph certainly shows us love, accepting people as is, and perhaps adoption. I thought you might want to share the above.
  • Hmm..well I love them all but ofcourse Jesus is the man and St. Mary is definitely amazing..other than those two, John the Beloved would be my favorite person (I don't like calling them characters..the Bible's no novel). He was humble..didn't speak much and had a GREAT amount of love towards God and everyone else..definitely someone great to look up to. My least favorite would have to be Judas Iscariot..definitely not because he betrayed Christ as the whole creation was what caused him to suffer so much..and it HAD to be done, the betrayal..the bad thing is that he comitted suicide/blasphemy against the Spirit.
  • well i dont think Christ is an option. you cant favor any1 else over him.
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=11;threadid=2106;start=0#msg32596 date=1121531533]
    Favorite
    Virgin Mary
    Ilara
    St. Mark
    Pope Kyrillos
    and many more................

Least Favorite
    *I would have to agree with Coptic-Irini*
    Judas because he betrayed our Lord
    and Peter when he denied the Lord

I'm really sorry, I know this thread is very old, but I don't think I read the part where you said Biblical characters, I would like to add more!

Favorite
    Virgin Mary
    Joseph
    Abraham
    Joshua
    Moses
    AND LOTS MORE!

Least Favorite
    Judas Iskariot
    Pharoh's Wife

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ok..favourite...Queen Esther...um...cause she was soo brave n CUNNING...yes Cunning is the word (i like the word cunning and i like cunning people)

least favourite...Hamman...wasnt cunning enough...he was just a bimbo...(in his time) :P