Shere ne Maria -Praxis Response

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hello Everyone, you can call me MOHAYAR. This is the first time I put up a discussion on Tasbeha.org. I love the site, it's excellent, keep up the good work.

I have a question I want to ask about the Praxis Response hymn Shere ne Maria the long one. I heard it on the site here by Cantor Ibrahim Ayad. It is very different from the way the heritage group HCOC says it. If you listen to it from both sides, you will clearly hear a great difference. Besides there is that extra long part in the HCOC recording in emifnoti piloghos, that is not sung by either Cantor Ibrahim or Cantor Farag Abdelmessih if you hear it on this site. Yet Cantor Farag sings it very similarly to the heritage group? These things are very odd to me that's why I am exploring them, not just with this hymn but others as well, that I am listening to for the first time ever on this liturgy of the word CD by HCOC, which are very rare as well. Even something like the hymn Fa-nitenh Enhat
....where did that come from?? So what do you guys think of this? I would apprecaite your input.

happy apostles fast,
MOHAYAR. ;)

Comments

• the long efnoti pi loghos is kinda new, but it was recorded by one of the old cantors (muallim tawfeek if i'm not mistaking). The differences, i dont know where they came from but i know that the HCOC seek the most accurate tune that r simular to the way cantor Mikhail the great chants.
    hymns like Fa ni tenh are usually recorded by old cantors (in this case muallim Tawfeek from the monastery of Moharrak, God respose his soul), and some are handed over in deep spots in the sa'eed lol or just not familiair with a lot of people, so God bless the HCOC for bringing to life such hymns once again, personally i loved fa ni tenh :D
  • [quote author=MOHAYAR link=board=2;threadid=1980;start=0#msg29865 date=1120149457]
    Even something like the hymn Fa-nitenh Enhat
    ....where did that come from??

Fa-nitenh is a hymn for Archangel Mickel. it's should be said after the senixar, like oran en shosho.
    and about HCOC, mallem albir is tring to bring back the old and rare hymns. and all os thes are based on mallem michael recordings.
    i love them!(in chanting the rare hymns)
    but they still have their own way in other hymns.
  • although i have a almost a zero bake ground about coptic humns but is there a website i can see?? :D

god bless you!
  • So first of all, thanks for the answers guys, I greatly apprecaite it, but just to make things clear, does that mean Cantor Ibrahim Ayad didn't receive these rare hymns and even the extensions to other hymns (such as Ifnoti Pi-loghos) or is it just that he didn't go out of his way to find out about more hymns and stuck to the ones he received??

Second, this is to minagir can you give more details about what you mean when you said "but they still have their own way in other hymns"?? Thanks.

Finally, for sandrahanna, you can go to www.copticheritage.org home of the heritage group HCOC that we talked about. They have great sermons on the rite of hymns, they record their hymn classes, and they also have wonderful collection of spiritual songs. They are connected to Coptic Media Network, run by coptichymns.net, which is another amazing website to explore at. I hope this helps.

have blessed apostles fast, :)
    MOHAYAR.
    p.s. - sorry for the late reply.
  • thank you for the website!!it's great!
  • No problem I hope it helps.

MOHAYAR ;)
  • I've heard ibrahim ayad sing the long part of ifnouti pilogos. Also if you listen the the Christmas marad alpraxis for the 2004 Christmas liturgy at the catherdral, they say the same tune of ifnouty piloghos with Shere Bethlehem (...im pretty sure)

Steve
  • Hey you're right he started singing this part just recently, so you see that goes to my earliest question, does that mean he didn't receive this hymn and that he just found out about it now or what?? do see what I am saying???

MOHAYAR