Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
St. Abaskhiroun
am looking for a picture of St. Abaskhiroun . i have seen it on here before, but i can't find it. pls someone post the link or the picture. thanks


Comments
thnx to my dear cousin pierre ;D
As for St. Abaskhiroun, the Governor tortured him with different kinds of tortures, but the Lord comforted him, strengthened him, and healed his wounds. The Governor brought a sorcerer, whose name was Alexander. He gave the Saint some deadly poison, saying; "O master of the powers of darkness, manifest in this Christian your powers." The Saint took the poison, made the sign of the cross over it, and drank it, but no harm came upon him. The sorcerer marvelled, and he believed in the God of St. Abaskhiroun. The Governor cut off the head of the sorcerer, and he received the crown of martyrdom. The Governor became more enraged with the Saint. He tortured him extensively, then he ordered to cut off his head, and he received the crown of martyrdom.
http://www.copticchurch.net/synaxarium/g_6_14_2005.html
I've recently heard about this great saint and I really would appreciate if anyone could bring me a site with his Story in a movie. If you have some pictures of him, that would be awesome, too.
May God bless you all.
am looking for a picture of St. Abaskhiroun . i have seen it on here before, but i can't find it. pls someone post the link or the picture. thanks
I made a picture of it when I was in egypt, so if u give me ur mail I will sent it to you.
GB
Here is the Bad version:
http://www.stmary-stabraam.info/films/034.wmv
Here is the SUPER FANTASTICAL VERSION!
Well.... yea i just checked the link it was moved... but if anyone has it please upload it to drop box or something! \
EDIT: I found the good movie but you have to download it
Part 1: http://rapidshare.com/files/27221969/__1580_1.wmv.html
Part 2: http://rapidshare.com/files/27402655/__1580_2.wmv.html
MORE EDITS:
Here is one that you can stream without downloading
Part 1: http://www.christian-dogma.net/video/bas1.wmv
Part 2: http://www.christian-dogma.net/video/bas2.wmv
Pray for me, and my obsession with saint movies :)
May the great Martyr Saint Abaskhiroun pray for us. Amen.
EDIT:
Read my next post.
GBU
I was searching like a crazy to find this Saint's story/pictures and since I can't type arabic on my PC it was VERY difficult.
Thanks once more!
May God bless you all.
In case someone misses the other bigger pictures that were removed (size too large),
this file contains the 3 of them:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w8x89to987x73fi/StAbaskhairoun_el-Keleeny.zip
+marmar+ pls check your PM.
GBU