Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Losing people
This is the second time I am going through a bereavement of a significant family member and I have to say I am still utterly shocked at the way my so called Coptic friends (and even some non Christian friends) have completely ignored what happened. I did not expect much from people this second time around - even if it was a mere message or social media comment on the very clear announcement would suffice. These were people I considered friends and ones I supported in any way I could.
People are very cruel and most have no empathy and lack even a hint of sympathy. I don’t know why I still get shocked by this. I can never just ignore someone’s bad news without at least a polite comment of condolences.
I am deeply ashamed to have wasted moments of my life labelling people as friends. It is very true that people will show you who they really are during significant life events.
Where is Christ like behavior? Mourn with those who mourn? The pain of feeling so alone in difficult moments like this is overwhelming.

Comments