Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
(Late post) 7th year Commemoration of the Departure of His Holiness Pope Shenouda III
I know I am 5 days late but I wanted to make a commemorative post for His Holiness Pope Shenouda III.
It still feels like yesterday, when we heard the news of the departure of our Beloved Father, His Holiness Pope Shenouda III.
Although I sometimes still can’t believe he moved on from this world, I am very thankful to God for blessing us with His Holiness and I feel particularly blessed to have lived in his generation.
His goal, was to live with Christ and to leave this vain world with all its lusts and desires.
In his poem Stranger, His Holiness says:
“I left the world´s charms, and did not accept its calling. I began preparing for travel, far from its pleasures”.
Truly His Holiness left the desires of this world and chose to live a life of prayer and solitude with God.
“Before I lived in Monasticism, Monasticism lived in me”
In his book ‘Release of the spirit’, His Holiness wrote:
“...God placed me on the earth.. But I shall leave it after a while and return to God..., I want to be released from the world and be united to You, who gave me the gift of knowing you”.
Truly His Holiness left this world and returned to his true home, with God, united with his Creator.
We shall miss you a lot Your Holiness, your words and your wisdom. Please always pray for the Church and for your children.
Remember us before the Throne of Grace.
1923 - 2012
It still feels like yesterday, when we heard the news of the departure of our Beloved Father, His Holiness Pope Shenouda III.
Although I sometimes still can’t believe he moved on from this world, I am very thankful to God for blessing us with His Holiness and I feel particularly blessed to have lived in his generation.
His goal, was to live with Christ and to leave this vain world with all its lusts and desires.
In his poem Stranger, His Holiness says:
“I left the world´s charms, and did not accept its calling. I began preparing for travel, far from its pleasures”.
Truly His Holiness left the desires of this world and chose to live a life of prayer and solitude with God.
“Before I lived in Monasticism, Monasticism lived in me”
In his book ‘Release of the spirit’, His Holiness wrote:
“...God placed me on the earth.. But I shall leave it after a while and return to God..., I want to be released from the world and be united to You, who gave me the gift of knowing you”.
Truly His Holiness left this world and returned to his true home, with God, united with his Creator.
We shall miss you a lot Your Holiness, your words and your wisdom. Please always pray for the Church and for your children.
Remember us before the Throne of Grace.
1923 - 2012

Comments