Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
saints
I have a question-is St. Brigid of Kildare and St. Kassiane recognized as saints by the Coptic Orthodox church?

Comments
Sadly, there are some Eastern Orthodox Pastors, Bishops and laypersons who are ignorant of the Coptic church. Especially here in the west, those who are ignorant and uneducated on the matter turn to old and dated terminology and stereotypes. While, even a good number of Coptic Orthodox clergy and laypersons are not fully aware of the relationship between the two churches.
Although, as our church grows in the west, a great number of Eastern Orthodox have begun to build relationships and see us as equals. About 2 years ago I went through the same thing learning about our separation. Be very cautious to take everything as truth and be open minded to hearing what you may disagree with and always strive to find your own position, not blindly follow those of others.
Thank you for the kind words! I am a convert also, so I completely understand.