happy new year!

peace and grace to you, dear friends,
please could you answer a quick question?

i found this wonderful quote about martyrdom, but can you tell me which saint said this?
it is not specified in the source...

“We feel in complete peace in the time of our sufferings because we suffer for the sake of Our Good Saviour whom we see opening a heavenly door to welcome us. He promises us the true rest in the face of serving sin. For we strive for that rest otherwise we see another door ready to swallow us up, leading to Hell. 

With what do you threaten us? Do you threaten us with cutting our tongues? Cut them out, for we call God with our hearts. Do threaten us with plucking out our eyes? Pluck them, for we see Him by Faith. Do you threaten us with cutting off our ears? Cut them off, for we hear Him by our spirit. Torture our bodies but you will never be able to touch the place in which God has established Himself. It is not possible for you to touch the heart which God has preserved for Himself. 

Sharpen your weapons, unsheathe your swords, light your fires. All of these are not strong enough to defeat our faith in our Saviour. For you do not see what we see. You see torture destroying our bodies, but we see Christ smiling at us. You see our bodies scared and we see the spirit of the martyrs who went before us enjoying the eternal life. Do you honestly think that we are concerned about how are bodies are treated, “Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day” 2Cor 4:16. Do you imagine that we care about the destruction of our homes, “For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heaven.” 2 Cor 5:1. Be confident that we fear nothing except sin.” 

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Happy New Year to you too Mabsoota!

Wow! What formidable faith is this? I wish I had even a tiny portion of their faith.
    Their holy blessings and prayers be with us.

Indeed, it would be lovely to know who had these amazing feelings.

Hope we find out! :-)