The Coptic Centre Nonsense

edited November 2014 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Can someone kindly tell me what the **** is this site and video about?

I saw their video, and I'm confused. 

Can these people be stopped? Have you heard of them before?

Comments

• It's about some weird pantheistic Eastern religion.

I have not heard of them before.

Why do you want to stop them? Personally, I can't think of a good reason to do this.
  • edited November 2014
    you actually threw the F-bomb

it's strange tho, how they take on our name
  • edited November 2014
    This site appeared in the Coptic App because of the news section; I will try and remove it.
  • qawe said:

It's about some weird pantheistic Eastern religion.

I have not heard of them before.

Why do you want to stop them? Personally, I can't think of a good reason to do this.

I agree with qawe. Why do we need to stop this? It is after all the United States and we do have freedom of religion (even for stupid religions). We would be no different than Islamic fundamentalists who say the world must be Muslim or suffer death.

Second, we shouldn't be surprised that someone is taking the word Coptic. This is nothing new. We have in the US a group called Coptic Temple, another group called Ethiopian Zion Coptic, another group Rastafarian Coptic and Coptic Muslim. (And there might be others that I can't remember).  Of course, there is also Coptic Catholic and Coptic Evangelical too. 

Let them take whatever name they want. It only illustrates their own confusion since there is no name on earth that matters if it is not given by the Trinity. We are called Christian. We are called Orthodox by God. Everything else is unimportant.
  • "Only illustrates their own confusion since there is no name on earth that matters if it is not given by the Trinity."
    The most powerful and meaningful line the history of this site. Period at the end. Such truth Rem. No name matters but the name Christ calls His bride with. 

Ray