liturgy

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
isnt it that the priest that chooses the bread for the body in the beginning of the litury, must pray the institution narrative and intro to fraction to the end right....how come in the Higher institute of coptic studies liturgy of st basil in 1968, the priests are different for the offeretory and institution narrative, and the fraction. the priest that prays the prayer of reconciliation prays the narrative and there are 4 priests. thank you and may God Bless you ;D

Comments

• its my first time to hear that the priest who chooses the Body has to pray the institution and the fraction but i can give a shot at your question by saying all the priests are there to represent Christ on earth right? no matter which priest, so does it really make any difference which priest prayes which part doesnt Jesus end up praying and Blessing everything at the end?
    thats just my personnal opinion
    Thanks
  • don't look to much into it...its just there were a lot of priest and every one must participate. lol plus man it was 1968...welcome to 2005. :P ;)
  • i'm not sure but the liturgy by HICS may have been a recording without an actual liturgy, just a liturgy for education (people wanting to learn things). Usually a life liturgy isnt as organised as this recording, but i'm not sure though.