Talents

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey everybody!
I'm new here...I've just finished putting up my second post!
I was just wondering....see.....I have this talent....or that's what people tell me...(to be totally honest I don't realy think I do)
I was in this lecture and we were talking about hell and how people who are put in positions of authority (priests, servants...) get it ten times worse in hell if they mess up....this includes people with talents who don't use them......
I try to use this talent when I can, but to really make it useful...that would take time...I don't have time.....I have to finish my studies.....you know......I'm so fustrated....how could neone know when I don't even know......I don't know what this post is even really about.....words of wisdom...any one?

(it's singing.....I sing....try to...I sound kinda like a cow mooing in my opinion....)

Comments

• Dear SixstringSoul,

Unlike many of us unfortunate people, you have a great talent that can go a long way. According to your friends, you have a great voice, and to tell you they would know that better than you. (Try recording yourself and listening to it, you will not recognize yourself, I am sure of that lol). You can use this talent in many ways. It is your responsability to use it, or it will be taken from you and given to someone else. I do not know if you know, but it is a sin not to use the talents God gave you. You mentioned something about not having time.... well there is time for everything. I am not telling you perform in a church concert or so, but you can use this in praising God for example. If you have a youth group in your church, you can ask the priest to lead in some songs and even bring some of your own and teach them to the group. You can also get involved in tasbeha. Let me tell you, you CAN make time for tasbeha. All in all, try to use your talent to the best of your ability.

Your brother:
    Avvaantoni
  • hey....I never thought of that...recording myself...I can try that....I don't know how....I have no recording thingy..but I'll see....hopefully i won't recognize myself!
    what you said about it being a sin is what is making me so fustrated...becuase if i really do have this talent....and i don't use it.... :o...i don't wanna think about it....but what you said about leading the songs....i can try that.....and making a song to teach to the ppl...i can try that too....i've got a couple of songs ready to go, but i don't like showing my songs to neone, except my really close friends...i guess i'm scared of what ppl will think of me.....my music is an expression of the deepest part of me and I'm scared people are gonna judge me......

pray for me...i don't even really understand why, but this is really bothering me....

thanks for your input AvvaAntoni
  • hey

well you are responsible for your talents... having a good singing voice is one of the greatest things you can have in the coptic church - all we do is sing!

as mentioned, you can lead in songs in youth group or tasbeha and stuff.... most ppl will more likely join in praising God through songs if someone up there around their age lead or start them off... its a good encouragement for them....

you can also do some recordings professionally... like... all those songs we download online are voices of talented ppl from churches.... just like you...
    you can do the same... and you can ask to be anonymous if you want, but at least your using your gift for the glory of God...
    find someone in your church who maybe has a studio or can rent one or somthing, get with a few ppl and start recording songs to make available to ppl... im sure you'll enjoy it and you'll definately be fullfilling the commandment of using your talents wisely...

although time might be an issue- you can maybe commit to doing it over the summer when you'll have more time hopefully...

and dont worry what people thing or judge... if its a bad judgement perhaps they could be envoius of your talent... so dont worry... besides... the Bible clearly tells us not to judge so perhpas ciritcs will keep that in mind...lol

the most important judgment you should worry about is God's... cuz that's what counts...

as long as you're not hiding your talent, you should be ok... :)

take care and God bless
  • thanks.....i surprisingly feel ...peaceful now.....not so tense and fustrated.....i just need to organize myself and know when to do what.....
    cool
    thanks Crazy Copt
  • hay guys
    wat if u dont no what your talents are? i dont no wat mine r i dont think i have any ??? how do u no?? i need help

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • hey...
    talents can come in many different forms... some not very obvoius...

it might be hard to have a 'talent'... maybe you're just good at somthing but dont consider it a talent...

it doesn't have to be distinct, but there are probably a number of things you can do well that would be benificial to the church... you don't have to be superb at it in a way that will stand you out from others, just good in a way to help the church...

for example, do you mind speaking in public to a group of people? if not, maybe you can make annoucements or participate in a debate or even plays... maybe you can act- that's a talent....
    how about social skills? maybe you have good social skills... that's a talent you can use to help out the church in many ways...

how about interaction with children? are you good with kids? if you are, there are numerous things you can do with that skill... sunday school servant, church babysitting, helping out in a kids convention, keeping kids quite during a mass... all these are considered services to the church

do you like sports? if you do, and can play well...you can perhaps coach a little team or somthing....

there are so many things an ordinary person can do to help out the church....
    if you use what skill God has given you in any way you can, it will be considered a 'good thing' on Judgment Day...

you dont have to have any distinct talents such as singing or drawing or playing an instrument- but as long as you're there to help out in any way when the church needs you- that's all that matters... the talent in that could be time management, patience and obeidence- for example.

dont worry too much, and give your service to the church in whatever possible way with a smile (as i'm sure you already do)- that's the best thing of all :)

take care and God bless
  • [quote author=CrazyCopt link=board=1;threadid=1393;start=0#msg23145 date=1112546914]
    dont worry too much, and give your service to the church in whatever possible way with a smile (as i'm sure you already do)- that's the best thing of all :)

take care and God bless

lol smiling is the thing i never ever stop doing lol thanx for that lol i actually get it and all the things u sed i do like i luv acting with church frendz its fun, yes the kids at chuch dont benefit with sunday skool so i sit with them and talk with them, i play sports and support the church team lol i never considered them as talents just normal things lol u rok gal thanx GBU :-* :-*

GB :-* ALL :) ;) :D ;D
    +FROG+
  • lol frog dat is so true- she never stops smilin :D
    sixstringsoul if u have the gift 2 sing y don u organise sumfin at ur chruch an liek do a fundraiser and liek u sing it while supporting the church, itwould b gr8
    god bless ya
    don worri he gave u da talent 4 a reason and you'll understand y when its da rite time :D
  • lol FROG,
    i'm sure you've got a beautiful smile- keep it up!

yup, those are all talents you got there! i see you're a very talented girl lol... the church is gonna benifit from your services ;)

take care and God bless
  • mazza ur so embaressing lol :P nar jkz i luv u :D
    lol thnx crazycopt :-[ :-[
    lol thnx gals u rok lol keep ur stuff up (xept the embaressment :P)
    God Bless yous :-* :-* :-* :-*

GB ALL
    +FROG+