Priesthood v Protestants

I was talking with a protestant friend and he said that in the bible, priesthood is looked down upon and that is why the protestants don't have priests. What is the verse? Where in the bible does it say we need priests? I know that we need it for sacraments and everything but protestants don't believe in Sacraments so that doesn't help.

Comments

• The Apostles guided by the Holy Spirit from the day of Pentecost put in place priests and bishops when they went preaching to all the nations.
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=13694.msg159844#msg159844 date=1347563817]
    I was talking with a protestant friend and he said that in the bible, priesthood is looked down upon and that is why the protestants don't have priests. What is the verse? Where in the bible does it say we need priests? I know that we need it for sacraments and everything but protestants don't believe in Sacraments so that doesn't help.

Then you need to start with the sacraments to prove the vocation of priesthood.

•   Hebrews 5:6    You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek.

In reverence to the bridegroom (Christ) and the bride (the church). You will have to read about Melchizedek to understand.