Father Peter Farrington podcasts

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
My dear brothers and sisters,

I have created a podcasting site where I shall start to regularly post short podcasts about a variety of subjects relating to Orthodoxy.

I have added some existing files, and have also recorded a new study on the Intermediate State of the Soul after Death.

The site can be found at: http://orthodoxfaith.podbean.com/

Do let me know if there are any problems accessing these files.

Comments

• Problem accessing the files

Thank you Abouna !!!!

ReturnOrthodoxy
  • I think there is something wrong with the first file which ill correct tomorrow but the others are streaming on my android phone.

Can anyone confirm they start playing?
  • is it possible to subscribe from itunes?
  • This is great Abouna! Thank you so much!
  • For some reason the website will not open for me. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • I noticed a couple of *possible* minor errors on the About Father Peter section of the site:

Father Peter is a priest of the British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate, and is a missionary. He became Orthodox in 1994 from an Evangelical Protestant background and has not ceased to be concerned for the salvation of the British people.

He has a variety of local and national responsibilities. He is the pastor of St Alban and St Athanasius Orthodox Church in Kent, but is also the National Co-ordinator of the British Orthodox Fellowship, the Secretary of the Council of Oriental Orthodox Churches, the Co-secretary of the Anglican-Oriental Orthodox Regional Forum, and the Catholic-Oriental Orthodox Forum.

He studies Orthodox Christology and tries to find time to write. This new podcasting site will feature a growing collection of sermons, lectures and reflections on various aspects of the Orthodox faith.
  • Thanks for these corrections which I have applied.

The first file has been re-uploaded and now streams OK.

The URL is http://orthodoxfaith.podbean.com

It would be good to know who can access it and who not? There is no reason I can see why anyone should be prevented?

The RSS feed address is http://orthodoxfaith.podbean.com/feed

I have used this on my Android phone and it works. Do you use it for ITunes as well, or do I need to do something else. I don't use any Apple products so I don't know.
  • it works if u click the /read version. the other only works if u click on the little triangle under 'listen now'. if u click the title, it doesn't work.
    i am using an apple mac.
    thanks a lot for these useful resources.

we are expecting the singing and dancing video version next...

only joking!
    ;)
  • AMAZING! Thank you soo much Father. Please keep them coming.
  • It works for me know! Thank you, father  :) Please continue to post your sermons.
  • Thanks a tonne Fr. Peter, love it!
  • Great Work! We need more soundly Orthodox podcasts!

+++
  • Thank you Father! I love it!! :)
  • I've added another podcast.

This one is on the Eucharist, based on the references found in a couple of homilies by St Jacob of Serugh
  • I'm sorry if this seems selfish and demanding, but please: Father Peter, if you have time or already have them prepared, could you record some podcasts about some more basic faith issues?

I know a lot of youth are struggling with questions as basic as:

Why should we believe in God's existence and in Christianity?  What is the evidence that it is really true? Why did God create us?  What is the official Orthodox perspective on the evolution/Genesis issue?

Lack of satisfactory and clear answers to these and many other basic questions cause young (and old) people to leave the Church everyday.  Perhaps it's the influence of arrogant Western intellectualism and the glorification of science and reason.  Don't get me wrong--I love the podcasts that you've been adding!  But for those whose find it hard to have any faith in God and still have basic questions, could you consider doing something like this?

Thank you
  • [quote author=the lord is my shepherd link=topic=12846.msg151236#msg151236 date=1327933375]

Lack of satisfactory and clear answers to these and many other basic questions cause young (and old) people to leave the Church everyday.  Perhaps it's the influence of arrogant Western intellectualism and the glorification of science and reason.  Don't get me wrong--I love the podcasts that you've been adding!  But for those whose find it hard to have any faith in God and still have basic questions, could you consider doing something like this?

I agree alot of people are easily decieved by simple matters... "My people perish from a lack of knowledge." ~ Hosea 4:6
  • New Podcast

I am an Orthodox Christian because I believe that the Gospels are reliable eyewitness accounts of the life of Jesus Christ. The modern view which held that the Gospels were all written well after the time of any who had known Christ is now widely discredited. Indeed even those who are willing to pull the Gospels apart realise that it is not possible to ignore the role of eyewitnesses in the creation of the Gospels. In this podcast I explain why I believe that the Gospels are credible and reliable, and why I think it is entirely reasonable to trust their authors.

http://orthodoxfaith.podbean.com/2012/01/31/why-i-am-an-orthodox-christian-part-i/
  • Thank you father :D
  • New Podcast

It might seem that much of the tradition we are taught as Orthodox Christians should be relegated to the category of pious fiction. But a study of the information we have about the mission of the Apostle Thomas shows that the tradition relating to his ministry is entirely reasonable and should not be discounted. This podcast considers the teachings of the Fathers about St Thomas as he is described in the Gospels, and then looks at the early tradition of the Church about his missionary work in India.

http://orthodoxfaith.podbean.com/2012/02/01/the-apostle-thomas-and-the-origins-of-the-church-in-india/
  • Wow, you're really fast!  :o

Are we allowed to request certain topics for sermons?
  • Yay!!

-Living a Righteous Life
    -The Power of Prayer (my favorite sermon: )
    -Purity of the Heart
    -Symbolism of the Holy Liturgy
    -The Journey of Great Lent
    -The Greatest Dangers (or Deceptions) in our Church

I'd really like to hear about that last one :D

Thank you!

• Could you make one on "How to read the Bible" ?

God bless your service!
  • I have posted a new podcast called, Introducing Orthodox Christology, I hope that it is easy enough for most people to follow and benefit from.

http://orthodoxfaith.podbean.com/2012/02/07/an-introduction-to-orthodox-christology/

I can only continue to produce and publish these podcasts if I can find some financial support, since I am a missionary priest and do not have a large congregation to support me. When I am doing these things I cannot work at the secular job I have to do.

So if anyone is wealthy, please consider sponsoring a podcast, or if you have a rich uncle consider asking him to sponsor one. I am more than willing to prayerfully produce podcasts on some of the topics which have been suggested but I do need some support to be able to release me to be able to do so.
  • Father, how much would it cost to sponsor a podcast? I am sure God will provide the means.

May God bless your efforts 100 fold.
  • I'm a student with no income, but I do have a rich Uncle. I'll ask him.
  • We have asked much of you already, father, but I have one more request: Could you consider uploading your Sunday homilies for our edification? Thank you  :)
  • Well I guess that any sponsorship is better than none.

I do believe that God will provide, but he uses people as the means of his provision, and not many have stepped forward!

I would like to produce series of podcasts on important topics for ordinary Orthodox Christians, but this needs people to support the development of them. I've enjoyed producing the ones I have done so far, but I have had to stop doing my secular work to do them, and eventually that causes problems for me. As a missionary priest I can't turn to a large congregation to support me, but our Orthodox Church doesn't seem very geared up to work in any other way.

Yes, I can upload my sermons. They are usually fairly short - 10/15 minutes.