Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Does Confession count if you don't really repent ??
Like sometimes I feel like I just need to confess periodically. I tell myself "time to confess". It's like a habit to me every one or two weeks. But I don't feel like I'm repenting before confessing my sins to Abouna.
Is my confession accepted??
Is my confession accepted??

Comments
I encourage you to ask your FOC to give you spiritual exercises to overcome your particular sin.
Regarding the ideas of confession and repentance, I recommend that you guys take a look at H.G. Bishop Youssef's Question and Answers on Confession and Repentance. Not necessarily what you were looking for, but if you read through the Q&As you may be able to get a good idea of what you are wondering.
ReturnOrthodoxy