HELP!!

edited February 2005 in Faith Issues
:'( :'(Hye I have a problem.... very often i committ a sin... it begins with and m and ends with tion... hope eveyone got that... how od i get over it?! :'( :'( :'( :'(

Comments

• Think of the stuff that leads you to this sin, watching things on tv, the internet, magazines, …..etc…whatever it is try to find out and stop it.

You were baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and you are a Christian. how could we knowing that we have received the Holy Spirit, the spirit of God during baptism, then by our own free will, decide to defile our bodies which are the temple of Christ, the home which God chose to dwell in.

We were anointed with Holy oil, ilmyron, so try to remember that every part of our body was consecrated for Christ, and by doing this sin, it really makes us forget how important our bodies really are, it is not ours, but Christ’s.

God loves us so much and He wants us to live a pure life. If you try and do your best to stop this sin God will be with you every step of the way. Its hard to stop something all at once, but gradually you will stop. You have to keep on struggling against sin and remember that no one is without sin and that the righteous man falls seven times but rises up again. Struggling and fighting against sin is a sign that you really love God even though sometimes you might fail.

You have to cry to God from all your heart pleading for help, because we cant do anything unless He helps us. Don’t let anything in the world separate you from the love of Christ, and remember that “in all things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (Romans 8:37). He gave us the power to trample on serpents and scorpions and all the power of the evil one, so all things are possible if you hold on to Christ.

Most importantly never despair and never give up hope, because Satan’s goal is to make us lose all hope in God’s mercy and forgiveness so that we keep remaining in our sins and never repent.

May God strengthen you and help you in your struggle against sin,
    pray for me,
    mary
  • the following link has a very beneficial discussion about this topic:

http://www.coptichymns.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3861&highlight=m+word
  • You have to be filled spiritually so that you feel not the need to do anything unrighteous..you have to fast and pray..and love Christ more and try your best not to hurt him. May God strengthen all of us. God bless.
  • I know someone who was in your position as well. She needed help and would tell me about it, and the more i got to know her the more i knew what the root of her problem was- her excessive amount of free time!
    There’s a famous saying by one of the church fathers that goes, “If you live your life in laziness, your mind becomes the devil’s laboratory!” Its very true…when you live your life doing nothing towards living a more spiritual life, or not doing ANYTHING useful for your life for that matter, you’ll find yourself more susceptible to falling into temptation.
    • When Eve was lingering in the garden not doing anything, what did the devil do?
    • When David wasn’t participating in the war, what did the devil do?
    • When Jesus was in the dessert wandering, what did the devil do?
    When you’re not busy with something i.e. prayer, reading the Bible, doing chores, playing a sport, studying, then your mind begins to wander off and the devil starts putting thoughts into your mind. He can get you to fantasize about things you would never have imagined yourself doing before…anything can happen, the devil is quite powerful and he’s capable of getting you to do anything he wants. BUT, you can endure this temptation if you truly want to avoid it. YOU MUST pray about it, #1…“When He came to the place, He said to them, ‘Pray that you may not enter into temptation’." Luke 22:40 Also, you have to consciously tell yourself over and over that you will BY NO MEANS commit this sin again, and say this before God so that you can be sure that you’ll stick by this promise…and if you constantly remember that God is watching over you, you will be ashamed of your sin and you will not dare do it again…after you’ve done these things, the devil will give up, just as he gave up with Christ in the desert: “Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.” Luke 4:13
    Once the devil has given up, you will not feel the need to be committing this sin. Rather, you will be glad you avoided the temptation because you’ve conquered it!
    Something to remember,
    • Luke 22:46 46Then He said to them, "Why do you sleep? Rise and pray, lest you enter into temptation."
    • Matthew 26:41 41Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."
    • 1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.”
    I’m not saying that you’re spending too much time on useless matters, because you can be spending your time wisely and trying your hardest to stop committing this sin, but can still be tempted. The key thing to remember is to have tolerance and willpower, these will help you overcome temptation…I hope I helped, take care GB++
  • The link provided is great, infact what i am about to say stems form that link! when you are commiting the sin, you forget God, you shut him out, because if you had true faith and knew how much this sin hurt God, and that you can never hide from him, and he sees you all the time, you wouldnt be able to commit such a sin in front of GOd, of course i am not attacking you, i know how easy it is to fall into temptation, i sin often i am no saint, but i always try to remind myself that what ever i do whatever i think, whatever i look at God sees me and sees what i am looking at or thinking.
    Pope Shenudas book the life of faith touches a bit on sexuall immorality, you should read it. (i know i always refer this book, but seriously it has the answeres to everything). Now to help with the problem, remeber you can fight the devil God gave you that power through his name you can fight the devil, you can say no through the name of Jesus christ i will not commit this sin, go away saten you shall no win. that simple that easy fight fight fight. To fight temptation its a battel its war! and you have to have to your armour ready! your Bible your Cross, your Faith and your GOD.
    i find it is helpful to pray the agpeya when i feel that i am being tempted! okay thats it for me, its late and i cant finish!

Maria

• okay so i am back to finish what i started i am going to refer you to a few verses! i am sorry i got these off Bible.com, so they are not the same wording as my bible, or even yours.

okay so the first verse 1 corinthians 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
    it is saying that your body is not for your own pleasure but for God. so simple enough explanation, if your Body is for God its not good to sin against it.

1 corinthians 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. your body is a member of christ , you hold christ in you, its the temple of God. so to sin against your body is to sin in the temple of God.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-6 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: 4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; 5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God.
    Lust is the down fall of man, because they live in the world surrounded by lust this verse tells us that we should no be affected by the world and its lusts, that your body is the vessel of christ.( i will put the OSB interpertation in here once i get home)

1 John 2:15-17: Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
    It really speaks for itself, keep yourself away from such things they do not glorify God, the lusts of the world they pass away but God is there forever.

Ephesians 6: 10-19 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.

i love that passage its telling us to fight against the devil!!!!!! against the lusts of the world, which enphasises my earlier point on fighting the sin.

Lastly i think you should disscus this problem with your father of confession , he can help you more then we can. and pray pray pray, mountains were moved with prayer! :):)

alright i am now officially done (except for the interpertation of that verse which i will post later!)

Maria

• Thanks for the help... pleez keep me in ur prayers