Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Apostles on the Iconostasis
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help me with obtaining a list of the apostles and their sequence on the iconostasis in the Coptic tradition.
Thanks in advance,
LiD
I was wondering if someone could help me with obtaining a list of the apostles and their sequence on the iconostasis in the Coptic tradition.
Thanks in advance,
LiD


Comments
I have been doing some reading, but haven't found anything that states there's a specific order that the Apostles are placed in across the top of the iconostasis. This is all I was able to find out:
The Church: House of God by Fr. Tadros Malaty Source
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help me with obtaining a list of the apostles and their sequence on the iconostasis in the Coptic tradition.
Thanks in advance,
LiD
There is no particular order.
http://www.copts-united.com/Arabic2011/Article.php?I=952&A=45101
To the Left of the Lord's Supper: St. Peter.
To the right of the Lord's Supper: St. John the Beloved.
To the end: St. Matthias.
The rest are arranged as they are mentioned in the Scripture.
The first three positions are absolute.
[quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=12449.msg145885#msg145885 date=1318286104]
There is an order to the Apostles on the Iconostasis.
To the Left of the Lord's Supper: St. Peter.
To the right of the Lord's Supper: St. John the Beloved.
To the end: St. Matthias.
The rest are arranged as they are mentioned in the Scripture.
The first three positions are absolute.
Source?