Coptic Language NYC

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Nofri, my friends/brothers/sisters

I am on the verge of shifting from where i currently reside in the good ole' midwest to New York City for university. I was wondering if there are coptic institutions and such around there. I would also especially love to learn the language of Coptic, inshallah to the point of fluency  :D

Any help would be very appreciated :D

G-d bless and Hotep!

Comments

• [quote author=Hotep link=topic=11924.msg141956#msg141956 date=1311694244]
    Nofri, my friends/brothers/sisters

I am on the verge of shifting from where i currently reside in the good ole' midwest to New York City for university. I was wondering if there are coptic institutions and such around there. I would also especially love to learn the language of Coptic, inshallah to the point of fluency   :D

Any help would be very appreciated :D

G-d bless and Hotep!

Why G-d, you're not Jewish, just say God!
  • Yes there is! We have the Pope Shenouda III Theological Seminary in Cedar Grove, NJ (about 30-40 mins from NYC) and there was actually a course this summer called Elementary Bohairic I. Welcome to the area!

btw, just out of curiosity which university are you going to?

God Bless, Please pray for me.
  • @Khas: Old habits die hard. (I dabled for the last few years in Jewish Culture/Theology)

@ Marenhos: I will be starting at NYU in exactly a month. As far as I know, they aren't other Copts there. I've tried looking some up, but alas, nothing.

• @ Marenhos: I will be starting at NYU in exactly a month. As far as I know, they aren't other Copts there. I've tried looking some up, but alas, nothin

you tried looking up Coptic Orthodox Churches?
    There is one in Manhattan (where NYU is also located)
    Ridgewood, queens (near Brooklyn) --> that's my church!
    one in Astoria
    one in brooklyn
    then theres a bunch in nj & upstate ..
    there are a LOT of Copts in NYC (by NYC i mean, the 5 boroughs included)
    hopefully ill run into you one day ahaha
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I actually did look up Coptic churches hahaha and she did? What was her major?