Strugle

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Dear friends!
My old friend who lernd others  religions thinks that only orthodox cristianity reveals all tricks of devil.
My question"is it nessessary to know all these tircks or it is inuf  have truth and follow 10 rules of Convent"

Comments

• +You need to have both, because they complete eachother.
    In the Holy Bible there are verses that state the commandments and truth, and there are also verses that say we need to "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." (1 Peter 5:8 )

On the temptation on the mount, the devil tempted Jesus by a verse in the Bible, but Jesus replied 'it is also written.'

Orthodox Christianity has a history that was based on the fathers. These father's had experiences in fighting the devil and spiritual hosts of wickedness and these experiences were passed through generations. Not only that, but they also had experience in really living with God and how wonderful He is. So these complete eachother.

"Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.” (Luke 10:20)