Greeting Ibrahim Ayad

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi everyone. Ibrahim Ayad is coming over my house soon and I have no idea how to greet him. I haven't really payed attention to what others do. Do I greet him normally with a handshake and double cheek kiss or do I kiss his hand? Thanks!

Comments

• He's not a priest, why would you kiss his hand?

Just call him sir or muallem.
  • A full prostration is usually customary. Followed by Ekesmarout.

Sarcasm aside,

A) Your parents must be legendary to have CIA accept an invitation to your home,
    B) Try not to be too nervous and giddy,

To your original question, greet him with respect and don't think about it. Whatever comes natural (not a 'bro-hug'). Most likely he forgets how you greeted him so don't over-think it. Only way he remembers your greeting is if it is out of the ordinary, if that is your aim maybe a 'bro-hug' isn't such a bad idea.

Enjoy the visit!

BTW, where do you live?
  • He is quite down to earth.  He is not at all lofty as presumptions are of him.
    You will feel humbled around him, not because of his history and reputation, but rather because of his simplicity in everything.

Relax.  He is human like you.

If you were having Metropolitan Bishoy or Bishop Benyamin, I would tell you to be nervous.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=11800.msg141006#msg141006 date=1309986431]
    He is quite down to earth.  He is not at all lofty as presumptions are of him.
    You will feel humbled around him, not because of his history and reputation, but rather because of his simplicity in everything.

Relax.  He is human like you.

If you were having Metropolitan Bishoy or Bishop Benyamin, I would tell you to be nervous.

Well Bishop Benyamin always comes to my house every May and he is so fun and it seems easier to greet him since he always punches me in my stomach after I kiss his hand!

[quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11800.msg141005#msg141005 date=1309985534]

A) Your parents must be legendary to have CIA accept an invitation to your home,

Yeah they aren't. I am not really sure how they got him to come!
  • Is Bishop Benyamin from the Patmos Centre?
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=11800.msg141009#msg141009 date=1309989025]
    Is Bishop Benyamin from the Patmos Centre?

I am not really sure where that is but he is the Bishop of El Monofaya
  • My Dear Father,

I believe Bp. Boutros is in charge of the Patmos Centre.