Tonias & Batrashel

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Does anyone know anyplace in cairo (store) that makes custom made tonias and batrashels? And does is it good?

Comments

• And if so can they ship to the USA?
  • [quote author=Kiro7 link=topic=11706.msg140207#msg140207 date=1308973261]
    Does anyone know anyplace in cairo (store) that makes custom made tonias and batrashels? And does is it good?

Are you trying to get one like CIA? lol
  • The monasteries sell tonias and batrashels, and they are pretty good quality. I got a custom tonia from one of the monasteries but my family from Egypt helped me out with that one, as in putting in the order beforehand. I also bought a standard batrachel from there and it's pretty nice.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11706.msg140219#msg140219 date=1308991975]
    [quote author=Kiro7 link=topic=11706.msg140207#msg140207 date=1308973261]

Are you trying to get one like CIA? lol

Aha, no. But i recently saw a batrashel i really like. So my friend is going to egypt so i wanted to know were i can get one:)
  • If you visit Anba Roweis in Cairo (at the new Cathedral of St. Mark, Abbasia) there is a division in one of the buildings (it's named after a saint, but I'm afraid it's slipped my mind) that make custom tonias and the like. We visited them last year and got a few done for the church's girl's choir. Just ask around when you get there and you'll be directed to them.
  • [quote author=JG link=topic=11706.msg140231#msg140231 date=1309018186]
    If you visit Anba Roweis in Cairo (at the new Cathedral of St. Mark, Abbasia) there is a division in one of the buildings (it's named after a saint, but I'm afraid it's slipped my mind) that make custom tonias and the like. We visited them last year and got a few done for the church's girl's choir. Just ask around when you get there and you'll be directed to them.

So it is in the Cathedrals building? Like around the surrounding?

Do you think they do custom batrashels too? And did you have to place an order, if so how long did it take?

• It is within the Cathedral grounds: Anba Roweis is a big place, you have the Clerical college and few smaller churches and other organisations located there, as well as the Cathedral itself.

I don't know about custom batrashels, sorry man. And yeah, we asked them to do about half a dozen custom tonias and it was down within a couple of days and for a very reasonable price. Very efficient.
  • Does anyone know where a custom tonia and batrasheel can be made in California of the USA to look like CIA's?
  • [quote author=JG link=topic=11706.msg140231#msg140231 date=1309018186]
    If you visit Anba Roweis in Cairo (at the new Cathedral of St. Mark, Abbasia) there is a division in one of the buildings (it's named after a saint, but I'm afraid it's slipped my mind) that make custom tonias and the like. We visited them last year and got a few done for the church's girl's choir. Just ask around when you get there and you'll be directed to them.

Wait why is your girl's choir wearing tonias?

And anywhere in the USA that makes tonias that ships?
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=11706.msg141066#msg141066 date=1310108209]
    And anywhere in the USA that makes tonias that ships?

Yes. Or a place that makes tonias and I can somehow figure out how to get it shipped. Thanks.
  • Yes me too. If they can make custom batrashels, I'd love to know the details!
  • Try Sts. Peter & Paul COC in Santa Monica, CA. I know the church made all the acolytes the same 'batrashel.' Maybe they can make custom ones for individuals as well. . .