Fasting and Communion

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
a while back my mother told me that if you aren't fasting you can't take communion; this hasn't been a problem for me because i've done the fasts  up until now; i am not doing this fast and i didn't take communion today because of this and my FOC the only priest in my church is on vacation now so i don't have a spiritual guide right now, please help, thank you and God Bless :)

Comments

• According to the Church, one must be fasting to take communion and is also abstaining from food for at least nine hours.
  • Thank you SO much for your reply imikhail, but to make sure i understand, i must take part for example in this apostle's fast to partake of communion?  thanks again God bless :)
  • Yes, all the fasts including Wednesdays and Fridays.
  • thank you i am very happy to have clarification on this topic finally, your answer has truly helped :D
  • Yes, all the fasts including Wednesdays and Fridays.

Does this mean even on annual days where there is no fast, e.g. from Apostle's Feast up until Saint Mary's Fast?
  • [quote author=CopticFighter link=topic=11666.msg141879#msg141879 date=1311561169]

Yes, all the fasts including Wednesdays and Fridays.

Does this mean even on annual days where there is no fast, e.g. from Apostle's Feast up until Saint Mary's Fast?

This is right.