Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Monasticism
To become a monk in the Coptic faith, are there any requirements? I'm just wondering. I hear that you have to complete university and get a degree and give it up to show your dedication. Do you have to memorize a lot of hymns; know a lot of things? I'm asking because I saw a documentary on Father Lazarus and I thought he knew anything much about the Coptic faith before he became a monk, but God still called on him to become one.
Pray for me and forgive me my weakness.
Pray for me and forgive me my weakness.

Comments
God wants your heart to be with Him, no matter which path you choose as long as you are with Him all the way till the end. since you love god so much you will be close to the church and you will be able to learn a lot of hymns.
God bless
;)
that way, when (if) you become a monk, you will know how to teach people who are not monks.
if you want to be a monk, first follow God and love Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and spend time studying the Bible and in church. work hard at everything you do (study, job, taking care of gran or little sister) because everything that you do is to please God.
then you will be either a good monk, or a good husband :)
Check out this link beloved: http://www.ninesaintsethiopianorthodoxmonastery.org/id46.html