Hello everyone,

I was wondering when the following papal hymns are chanted during the liturgy:

- Shenouti to makario
- E-aghapi
- Ti met esnouti

Thanks and God Bless.

Comments

• After the pauline
  • [quote author=Christ4000 link=topic=11529.msg138851#msg138851 date=1306960924]
    After the pauline

Would that be after the Coptic Pauline or Arabic?
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11529.msg138864#msg138864 date=1306981027]
    [quote author=Christ4000 link=topic=11529.msg138851#msg138851 date=1306960924]
    After the pauline

Would that be after the Coptic Pauline or Arabic?

coptic...
  • Hello everyone,

I asked this question on the Ibrahiim Ayad Interview forum but I wanted see what you guys think.

If a church is part of a diocese that already has a bishop assigned to it and a visiting bishop prayers a liturgy at that church without the assigned bishop attending as well, is the name of the assigned bishop to the diocese mentioned in addition to the visiting bishop?

If the question doesn't make sense, maybe an example would help. St. Thomas the Hermit Church in Southern California is part of the diocese that is under Bishop Serapion. Suppose Bishop Youssef from the diocese of the Southern United States attends a liturgy there when Bishop Serapion is not attending, is Bishop Serapion's name mentioned in addition to Bishop Youssef's name?
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11529.msg139781#msg139781 date=1308341453]
    Hello everyone,

I asked this question on the Ibrahiim Ayad Interview forum but I wanted see what you guys think.

If a church is part of a diocese that already has a bishop assigned to it and a visiting bishop prayers a liturgy at that church without the assigned bishop attending as well, is the name of the assigned bishop to the diocese mentioned in addition to the visiting bishop?

If the question doesn't make sense, maybe an example would help. St. Thomas the Hermit Church in Southern California is part of the diocese that is under Bishop Serapion. Suppose Bishop Youssef from the diocese of the Southern United States attends a liturgy there when Bishop Serapion is not attending, is Bishop Serapion's name mentioned in addition to Bishop Youssef's name?

in a case of a diocese that have a bishop.....the name of the bishop is always said whenever there is a response for the fathers (meaning not of the responses that are said only if bishops are present physically there). if a visiting bishop is said, the bishop of the diocese is mentioned first then the visiting bishop(s).

• (meaning not of the responses that are said only if bishops are present physically there)

What do you mean by that? I don't understand what you mean?
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11529.msg139789#msg139789 date=1308342863]

(meaning not of the responses that are said only if bishops are present physically there)

What do you mean by that? I don't understand what you mean?

there are hymns and responses that mention the fathers without them being present (efrahee ya mariam, pi-ehmot ghar if you say it, the fathers' litany whenever it is said....). but there are also hymns that you only supposed to say when they are present (extra part in "pray that God may have mercy", ni-saviv, doxology maybe, marochasf.....)
  • DEar Mina,
    I see exactly what you mean, and I have seen the practice prevalent more in the diaspora than Egypt, but maybe only because I wasn't keen on those days, but I don't believe it's even correct a practice. Is there any book of rites that clarify such?
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=11529.msg139837#msg139837 date=1308387581]
    DEar Mina,
    I see exactly what you mean, and I have seen the practice prevalent more in the diaspora than Egypt, but maybe only because I wasn't keen on those days, but I don't believe it's even correct a practice. Is there any book of rites that clarify such?

well.....let's leave what we do i my church on the side for now (in saint mark's jersey city, NJ).....
    are you speaking about specific hymns or in general? if specific hymns, then list the ones you are talking about......otherwise, in general, in book there are things that you say when "a bishop is present"......this is what is written in books.
  • Even when the bishop is not present do we say a verse for him in hedan? In Ounof? I guess that's not the strictly correct rites, is it?
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=11529.msg139901#msg139901 date=1308435554]
    Even when the bishop is not present do we say a verse for him in hedan? In Ounof? I guess that's not the strictly correct rites, is it?

ounof emmo....i am sure you do.
    in hetinni, i don't really remember.
  • I'd be interested ya Mina if you point out the book that says so... thanks...
    Oujai
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=11529.msg139904#msg139904 date=1308438062]
    I'd be interested ya Mina if you point out the book that says so... thanks...
    Oujai

i dono.....i can't check rit now really......but i do remember when i used to hear efrahee ya mariam back when i was 10 yrs old in El-mansoura (even thoo i was not a hymn freak but just a beginning deacon), we used to include the Late Anba Felipos after the pope.

like i said, we don't add any bishops in my church because our bishop is the Pope.......in fact, sometime we are hated because we say some papal hymns during feast with only mentioning the pope and without him being there.....but that is a tradition that just can't stop. it shows our support at all times to His Holiness Pope Shenouda--it started while he was under house-arrest and our church (specifically saint Mark's jersey city) was always a supporter no matter what happens in egypt against him.
  • Well many churches in Egypt would include papal hymns on feast nights even though no bishop is present. Not a strictly correct practice though, is it?
    Oujai
  • In the SUS diocese they say the verse for HG Bishop Youssef in the Hitenis, the verse in Ifrahi ya Mariam, and even the Hiteni after Ekesmarout regardless of whether or not he is present. They only say the addition to the deacon responses and Nisavev if Seyedna is present.
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=11529.msg139922#msg139922 date=1308470901]
    Well many churches in Egypt would include papal hymns on feast nights even though no bishop is present. Not a strictly correct practice though, is it?
    Oujai

as i said.....it's a tradition that we will just not stop.