Hate-The Devil??

I have a question that I've been wondering about for a while. About how we're supposed to love our enemies and everything. Does that mean we're supposed to love the Devil?? What's the church's view on this?

Comments

• I am not sure that "LOVE YOUR ENIMES" also ment to love the devil, your enimes, are people who may wish bad things about you, or who may judge you and not like you just because you exisit! the thing is i find it as a christain so hard to hate, and dislike people! sure i chose to associate with critain people and not with others because i feel that others may affect me badly! but that does not mean i hate them, or dislike them!, i think that hate is a strong word, and i think that every christian loves everyone, they just avoid temptation and people that may make them fall into sin!, i dont know about the devil! but i do know that i in no way love him! i am constantly fighting him!, and i think the devil is the one who puts feeling oh hate and anger in us! so we have to get away from those feelings, and transform them into feelings of love ...i dont think i am making any sense, but i am sure someone will have an answer to your question soon!

Maria
  • your enemies are still human beings. They might have problems that cause them to act the way they do. There might be this kid thats always threatening to beat you up or something and maybe he was abused and thats why he acts the way he does. I mean it doesn't justify what he does to other people but just think about it. Everyone has a life just like you do with bad and good and it seems like the bad usually prevails. That rude waitress might be recovering from a divorce. You never know. My point is, the devil isn't like people. We shouldn't love the devil because its either him or God and we have to love God. But we should love all people because we're all the same. We all want to be happy but we're all confused and we have no idea what we should do so we go through life stumbling and making mistakes. I do hope that helped. Ask God too :).
  • Umm, well I wouldn't say love the devil but there's no reason for us to hate him because God allows him to test us. It's not his fault that we fall and hurt Christ, it's ours and all ours. I guess you can't love him or hate him.
  • "You who love the LORD, hate evil! He preserves the souls of His saints; He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked." Psalm 97:10

"The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate." Proverbs 8:13

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8

It should be clear to all that Satan is our enemy. We are taught to resist him. It is right to hate the evil of the devil and since evil is all the devil is then it is ok to also hate the devil.
  • lol, guess I'm wrong ;D
  • thats right, u love ur enimies but you hate evil, you heat the eveil that they emit, you hate the evil that the devil throws at u every moment yah well said
  • nice responses Matthew 5:16... good Biblical references

u know, i personally cant imagine myself 'loving' the devil....
    if it werent for him, we'd be in heaven- cuz no first sin! lol

take care and God bless
  • ok but we cant blame the devil. i think that what has happened already happened and we cant say o if it wasnt for him this and that but we can always thank God for coming and saving us all. it is true that God said love your enemies but i dont think that means loving the devil. we should always be thankful to God for everything that He has done for us and for bringing us this far in life. even though life has its ups and downs every thing happens for a reason and everything bad that happens God makes good out of it. so all the bad things that the devil tempts us to do can only make us stronger at the end. this is what i think but tell me what you guys think.
    take care and God Bless
  • Personally, I don't think its our job or duty to hate the devil...i mean whats the point of that wasted energy...its not like ur gonna cook up a plan to get rid of him or nuthinggggggg.....I think we should just be focused on FLEEING him WHEN WE CAN & CONQUERING him when we cannot.
  • the Devil is not OUR enemy, he is God's enemy. We love OUR enemies, but hate God's. Does this make sense?
  • We are commanded by God to hate evil....the Devil is the Father of all evil,its source,its origin....how can we not hate the Devil?
  • so we should hate evil ???
  • Jude 1:9 “Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

^ I don’t want to misinterpret this verse but I think it may mean that we shouldn’t condemn the devil…don’t have any feelings towards the devil, rather, leave it up to God to deal with him. If anyone understands this verse you may want to explain it b/c I think it holds the answer to EgYpTiAnMaTT91’s question.