Matthew24,17

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Please,help me to understand this sentence;
New Testament,Matthew,chapter24,verse17.

Comments

• in AD70, the romans attacked jerusalem and destroyed it nearly completely as prophesied by our Lord Jesus. people had to get out quick to survive, they did not have time to take any possessions with them.

in the same way, at the end of the world, we will be judged, and it does not matter what possessions we have or what family we have or what friends we have.
    each person will be judged on the basis of his/her own life. if we have faith in our Lord Jesus and prove that faith through our confession of faith (telling people about him) and by our works (doing what God wants), then we will be saved.
  • Dear Mabsoota,
    Thanks for your explication.I understood.The children of God have to fly away inmidiatly,after Voise of God.But I know cases when ppl have fleed  into the forests already.
    God bless you.
    I ask for your pray.
  • the end of the world is not yet, but there are people who lie and say they know when it is.
    don't listen to them and flee to the forrest!

but if you are somewhere where it is not safe to be a Christian, sometimes you need to flee, that is different.
    what are you talking about when you talk of fleeing to the forrest?
  • Some priests said to sell everithing and to go to forests,some said everithing ok antichrist will come after 100-200 years.For example in one country chanched the passports and priests said that new passport has code 666 or chip to seek orthodox people.It was 10 years ago.Can imagine the life without passport?
    They are no coptic.
  • some people have strange ideas.
    what you actually need to do to prepare for the end is to love God, care for the poor,
    study the Bible, pray a lot, take Holy Communion, and love the people around you.
    you should also pray for your enemies and love them.
    work at an honest job, provide food for your children and parents (if your parents are old),
    and save a little money. if you have a lot of money, ask God for wisdom on what to do with it.
    better to give it to charity (like one that helps homeless people or people in poor countries)
    then to some crazy person who says the world will end soon.
    if anyone is preaching like this (about leaving your house, giving them money), they are either a bit crazy
    or they want your money for themselves.

if you don't have a job and food, keep looking for one, and ask for help from the church.
    be willing to work hard in return to pay for your room and your food.

when the antiChrist comes it will be quite obvious. having a passport with a chip or a bank card does not mean you have the number of the beast.
  • I agree with Mabsoota entirely.

Do not concern yourself with these things. All that matters is whether you have lived this day in the constant presence of God and in His service. If you have then you know that is enough, if you have not then all these other things are a dangerous deception and distraction from the real business of the Christian life.

Father Peter
  • Thanks too much for your friendly and good answers.