Pentecostal Tasbeha

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Christ is Risen!

I was just wondering...for the tasbeha during the Holy 50 days, do we sing the appropriate Psalis between each hoos like the Lenten tasbeha? Or can we just say annual tasbeha and then change the tune of the Psali and Commemoration?

Comments

• [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=11343.msg136828#msg136828 date=1304032966]
    Christ is Risen!

I was just wondering...for the tasbeha during the Holy 50 days, do we sing the appropriate Psalis between each hoos like the Lenten tasbeha? Or can we just say annual tasbeha and then change the tune of the Psali and Commemoration?

no....that's is a mistake. the special psalies (the great hoos, the first hoos...etc) or ONLY for the Feast tasbeha. After that, there is a watos and a adam psali that are chanted appropriately.
  • On Festal days we only say a portion of the Commeration. Do we continue this throughout the Fifty days, or should we say the whole thing?
  • [quote author=Michael Boutros link=topic=11343.msg136847#msg136847 date=1304051237]
    On Festal days we only say a portion of the Commeration. Do we continue this throughout the Fifty days, or should we say the whole thing?

The ENTIRE Commemoration of the Saints is supposed to be chanted regardless of the day being festal or non-festal. People have only been doing that because they are running out time but it is NOT a rite to chant partially.
  • No dear kmeka, I disagree. In major Lordly feasts you don't say the whole commemoration in tasbeha, and that's a rite in itself. I don't know the purpose though, but I guess it comes back to focussing more on the Lord than the paints...
    Ekhrestos anesty
    Oujai
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=11343.msg136922#msg136922 date=1304147839]
    No dear kmeka, I disagree. In major Lordly feasts you don't say the whole commemoration in tasbeha, and that's a rite in itself. I don't know the purpose though, but I guess it comes back to focussing more on the Lord than the paints...
    Ekhrestos anesty
    Oujai

But why is it cut off at that place? If that is the reason, then why isn't like Saint Mary only said or something?
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11343.msg136920#msg136920 date=1304144685]
    [quote author=Michael Boutros link=topic=11343.msg136847#msg136847 date=1304051237]
    On Festal days we only say a portion of the Commeration. Do we continue this throughout the Fifty days, or should we say the whole thing?

The ENTIRE Commemoration of the Saints is supposed to be chanted regardless of the day being festal or non-festal. People have only been doing that because they are running out time but it is NOT a rite to chant partially.

this is NOT an opinion....it is written in psalmody book that on the Lord's feasts (major or minor and also the feast of the Cross--according to Anba Mettaous rites book) to stop the commemoration ate the verse of "keri eklavdios..."
    the opinion, which is actually noted in the psalmody, is to say the whole thing.