Serving as deacon over Pascha

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hi Everyone,

I am a reader in the British Orthodox Church and will be taking some of the deacon's duties over Pascha (Mainly on thursday-sunday) and am wondering if anyone could give me some advice and handy tips for this, as I am quite nervous about screwing up.  :D

Any random handy tips or friendly advice would be great.
Your prayers too would help.  ;D

Thanks,
Daniel

Comments

• The best advice i would have is keep the Pascha Book on you at all times. Read and understand everything that happens in the service (maybe everything that is chanted and read also) before the service....meaning knowing everything that will be done so when we do it, it's easy to deal with.
  • keep track of the hours like 1,3,6,9,11.
  • [quote author=DanieM link=topic=11291.msg136339#msg136339 date=1303245154]
    I .. will be taking some of the deacon's duties over Pascha (Mainly on thursday-sunday)

Which duties will you be performing: is it chanting of hymns or organising the church layout (black banners etc) or any other duties?
  • KRISTOS ANESTI!  ;D

I have just got in and survived, little to no errors made. I did mispronounce Abednego in the reading of the 3 youths on Friday night, but apart from slight giggling from some of the ladies, it was all ok.  :P

mechaiel - I was reading some of the prayers, and at times attending the alter (as it is a small congregation with only 2-3 readers attending to the priest and the services)
    I was reading the litanies in the Pascha Liturgy tonight, and on censer duty at the procession. I was terrified about tripping, but luckily didn't.

I hope you all have a happy and holy Pascha!
  • Christ is Risen!

I pray you've had a joyful feast and are not too sick of meat! Heres a quote I found suitable for this Glorious Feast.

"Today is the day of salvation for the world. Christ is risen from the dead: arise with Him. Christ returns to Himself: you also must return to Him. Christ has come forth from the tomb: free yourselves from the fetters of evil. The gates of hell are open and the power of death is destroyed. The old Adam is superseded, the new perfected. In Christ a new creation is coming to birth: renew yourselves."-St.Gregory Nazianzen