Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368

Comments
What about when an older person gets baptized? I think they were tonias too. Is this right?
It used to be that all adults coming to church would be dressed in white and equivalent type garments to a "tonia". This attire would be special. The only people to retain this amazing tradition are the Ethiopians and Eritreans. Coptics generally look like slobs when they go to church.
I do not know the pertinent aspects of this "function" that you mention. How it was sanctioned or the imposition of attire relative to a bishop's command or instruction.
I don't make tonias for sale or profit. I make them as an offering to God. My diaconate is a presentation and return of sacrifice for the magnificent gift in Him allowing me to be ordained. I have made vestments for myself, my brother, and one priest--no one else. These vestments are a part of my being (at least for me).
so you made a tonya for yourself, your brother, and a priest... and you should make one for SuperMAN(B.A.M)?
I guess that is a trap for me to be thrown out of the Coptic Orthodox Church. Never. I will not fall for it.