Coptic Exposition during Pascha

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has the audio and text of any exposition that is chanted during pascha at the end of every hour. Thank you very much and take care.

Comments

• [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=10775.msg131171#msg131171 date=1298162039]
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has the audio and text of any exposition that is chanted during pascha at the end of every hour. Thank you very much and take care.

they are unheard of these days...but Ibrahim Ayad records an example here:
    http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Holy_Week/Ibrahim_Ayad/Part_3/04-Exposition_for_1st_Hour_of_Monday_(Coptic).1601.mp3

the text of all of them can be found on remenkimi:
    http://www.coptic.org/language/paschatoruhat.html
    but i am sure these texts have mistakes (more like typos).....so just consider that when reading.
  • Thanks but this is all in Coptic and there is not at least English or Arabic titles to it so I can know the names of the days of the week. And is there a pdf file or word document of it somewhere because I won't be having a computer with me at church. Thanks.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=10775.msg131186#msg131186 date=1298171870]
    Thanks but this is all in Coptic and there is not at least English or Arabic titles to it so I can know the names of the days of the week. And is there a pdf file or word document of it somewhere because I won't be having a computer with me at church. Thanks.

if you know coptic words (average), i think you should be able to understand the titles....most of them. they are periodic. if you know monday the first hour, you know the rest. also you have to considet the day reading, "e-ho-oo" and the eve, "egorh"
    i really really doubt you'll find that. it's hard enough finding a book that have the full coptic torohat.
  • What are the days of the week in Coptic so I can at least have some pointers?

Also, what is "First hour, third hour, etc..." in Coptic?
  • before i say anything, all that text have MANY MISTAKES....we are suffering in our pascha book right now because people decided to just copy their coptic text without reviewing.

Palm Sunday=`n]kuriaky `nte pieulogimenoc
    eve of monday=`mpiejwrh `mp=b
    day of monday= `mpiehoou `mpi=b
    tuesday=`mpi=g
    wednesday=`mp=d
    thursday=`mp=e
    good friday= `nte ]parackeui

the first hour =}ajp =a `m--
    the third = =g
    =^
    =; (theta)
    =i=a