Urgent: ahram survey to remove article 2 from constitution

2»

Comments

• Mina, your a joke.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=10761.msg131307#msg131307 date=1298321501]
    Mina, your a joke.

hehe...i know.
  • Please brothers let us put any differences of opinion aside.

I've today read that HH Pope Shenouda III wisely stated that the Church did not ask for the elimination of the controversial article 2, it's been there for a very long time, for many decades, though it has been modified (reinforced) during that period.

He is asking to state that Christian issues are to be based on the Bible as its sole source. He stressed that the Church will always be obedient to the teaching of the Bible, the Church cannot and will never decide otherwise.

GBU
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=10761.msg131417#msg131417 date=1298412172]
    Please brothers let us put any differences of opinion aside.

I've today read that HH Pope Shenouda III wisely stated that the Church did not ask for the elimination of the controversial article 2, it's been there for a very long time, for many decades, though it has been modified (reinforced) during that period.

He is asking to state that Christian issues are to be based on the Bible as its sole source. He stressed that the Church will always be obedient to the teaching of the Bible, the Church cannot and will never decide otherwise.

that's not hard to believe coming from our Pope. It is clear that we will always be a religious institution without being part of the political world. 
  • The door is now open and things are more favorable for the formation of new secular or liberal political parties and for free legally channeled political opinions. The Wassat party, though known to be a 'moderate MB separated wing' had to have Christians and women members to be finally officially approved by court ruling only three days ago.

I read also that the coming next voting events would only require the national ID number. This should be soon officially confirmed.

GBU
  • Zoxsasi,

I am very sorry bro I forgot to reply to you earlier.

I never doubted your intentions for a second and I now know I've surfed to the page just after the poll was changed to another kind of vote. It's Ahram's fault, I don't trust most newspapers anyway these days.

GBU