if anyone can give advice and prayers ...

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
i am about to begin my second semester in college and am applying for the honors program also i have i have just entered real estate school to begin running my mother's business i am not sure at all if this (pursuing medical school and running my mother's business) is what i want to pursue in my life or if it is right for me, i tried to pursue the U.S. Navy and was really happy about this but after talking to my F.O.C. he told me that i shouldn't pursue this in not so many words i felt like this is what i wanted but of course i took the guidance of my F.O.C. but since i have graduated high school i have felt very lost in my paths i also serve in my church and we have very few servants and my service is not enough and because of this i have increased my service more and more over the past two years i have spent so much time dedicated to my church and feel that i have focused so much on my service in fact that i have forgotten about myself in many areas, spiritually, health wise and even somewhat of my family i feel that i try extremely hard in my service but get nowhere  i guess my point is that i just don't know what to do anymore in terms of figuring out where to go what to do and how to do it if anyone one can give advice it would be much appreciated and for your prayers as well thank you
-thank you

Comments

• "41 For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward." (Mark 9:41) Stay strong in your service brother for the Lord will not forget you. Be faithful and receive the Blessings from God. As for the situation for your education, continue to pray to God and ask for His guidance. Your mother and your F.O.C are probably 2 of the people who know you best. Have Faith and the Lord of Hosts will not lead you astray. Pray for me and God Bless.
  • thank you in honesty I am more worried about my service than education it is more important to me
    - by the way I want to clarify just for future reference (not that I took offense to anything) but I realize how the mistake could have been made since I stated I wanted to join the millitary but I am a female lol thanks everyone and God bless
  • may God guide you.
    remember He never wants you to do everything at once. take it one step at a time. He plans for you a future and a hope (in Jesus), as in jeremiah 29 verse 11.
    :)
  • The Lord bless you

What service are you involved in at Church?

Mabsoota is wise, God never requires everything at once. We can sometimes overwhelm ourselves. When we do God's will there is always just enough time.

Father Peter
  • thank you mabsoota and Father Peter you are right I just worry that I will spend a long time unhappy with my decisions an also Father Peter I am envolved in : the youth group for our highschool whether it may be the youth meetings we hold every other week or planning trips supervising the youth, also I was asunday school teacher I quit but they have asked me to start again I think this weekend I restock our bathrooms whether it be soap toilet paper etc I help decorate during different seasons our church owns two houses on our property I clean them or even prepare them if we have guests who come for retreats I help clean I help organize ad plan trips events meetings I babysit the kids of our church every other Sunday during  a meeting the parents have I am also very active in our summer activites to be honest I am wherever is needed and some sundays I spend a maximum of 20 minutes in the liturgy I hope no one thinks I am bragging cause to be honest I feel I am not fit for most of my service thanks and God bless
  • The Lord bless your service. It is an encouragement to see someone working hard at very humble jobs.

If I might advise something. Perhaps you might arrange so that one Sunday a month you are able to participate in the whole liturgy, for your own salvation and so that you have the spiritual strength to be engaged in service.

May the Lord watch over your service and provide you with times of peace and refreshment in the Holy Spirit. The enemy will often attack us in two ways. One is to keep us lazy, and the other is to keep us so busy that we burn out. Faithful and attentive participation in the liturgy prevents both of these. In the one case we are made aware of how little service we have offered pur Lord and our brothers and sisters, and in the other case the few hours of standing in the presence of God are a true nourishment and sustenance for sacrificial service.

Our Lord retired to the desert places to prepare for service and to find refreshment with God for service.

I pray earnestly that God will continue to bless you and watch over you. May you have a strong sense of His presence and guidance.

Father Peter
  • Thank you so much for your insight Father Peter your words are more of an encouragement to me i can only ask God that i take the right steps in my faith service and everyday life i will definitely take your advice about the liturgy and i hope dearly that my church can grow in it's service as a whole
    -once again thank you and God bless please keep my church and its service in your prayers