Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
College Anxiety
Hey guys,
I am in need of prayers. College is approaching and I dont know where to go so im kind of anxious about it. I need some divine guidance.
PK
I am in need of prayers. College is approaching and I dont know where to go so im kind of anxious about it. I need some divine guidance.
PK

Comments
God does not care where you go to college! If you are IN the will of God then whatever you do will be according to HIS WILL!
so what does that mean?
it means that throughout the Bible, God has revealed to us what His will is! giving thanks in everything, suffering for good rather than evil, living in purity, etc..
follow God's will, and whatever you do will within God's will
God's will is not 1 point on a map, it is a field, with a length width and height... we are all called to His will and must not let our will stray from the "field" of His will
God Bless you and please pray for me and my weakness
Trust in the Lord.
The advice I've been getting from people has been 100% contradictory. Some say pray about it and God will make it obvious which I should pick. Some say that no matter what I do the decision will still be mine to make, and it might not be so clear-cut which one I should choose. I'm definitely spending a good couple of weeks/months thinking about this before making a final decision.
Good thought.
Go to a school near your family. You are better off living at home. Do not do the dorm thing. You will regret it.
Dorms are horrible...apartments with 3 other people isn't too bad...depends on the people you live with I suppose...
user00,
Good thought.
That's what happened in my case. Although I tried to go somewhere I could commute to, they didn't have my program. It worked out though, God took care of everything and planned everything ahead of me.
I doubt God will appear to you in a vision with the name of the school He wants you to attend. The only way it'll be super obvious is if you only got accepted to one school, then I would say it's God's will ;)
I agree with Marenhos Epchois' priest: God doesn't care where you go to college.
Just get the education you need, whether it'd be Havard or.... the opposite of Harvard (wherever that is), then go to the desert and become a monk. They don't care where you graduate from. I already asked.
If you're really having a hard time deciding and the choice is something and Rutgers, then go to Rutgers. It's quite the party school, but with the phenonmenal dramatic increase of Copts, I think tasbeha night will soon replace bar night.
You need not to worry.. (jamaican accent) "because every little thing is gonna be alriiight"
This should help narrow your search a bit:
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges
TITL!! you will not believe what happened. I had pandora playing the bob marley station, And this song started as i was scrolling down and that lyric in the song played almost at the same time i started to read that sentence!
I am in a similar situation as the starter of this thread, and have been stressing out lately, idk 'tis a coincidence? or 'tis a message? I would like to think that God tries to communicate to me through bob marley so i'll go with message
One more thing to complicate it- you mentioned that Rutgers would be a nice place to go if it's on my list; in fact, it is on my list. But I can't decide between the campuses (Camden or New Brunswick). I live closer to Camden and was accepted to the honors college there, but there are people still suggesting that I go to New Brunswick despite this. I'm also probably the most indecisive person you'll ever meet... :P
"You need not to worry.. (jamaican accent) "because every little thing is gonna be alriiight""
TITL!! you will not believe what happened. I had pandora playing the bob marley station, And this song started as i was scrolling down and that lyric in the song played almost at the same time i started to read that sentence!
That's happened to me quiet a few times and I'll get really excited while everyone else looks at me like I'm stupid. It's an exciting thing. I'm excited for you.
Jimmy,
Go for Camden. Never decline any acceptance to any Honors program, despite the warnings you get from other students. Trust me, they take care of you like family. They'll do everything but wash your clothes and tuck you in... but if you ask, it can be done. It's like high school in college; they make sure you're on track with your work, they make sure you cry every once in a while (its good for you), and they make sure your homework is turned in. Freshman, especially, need that kind of pressure in college life, or else they become too spoiled and lazy.
You need to set good habits for yourself on the first day. There is no "later".
Everything counts.
Everything counts.
Also, they usually have free pizza for the Honors students.
And Chocolate Chip cookies.
And the good kind of soda... not the cheap stuff at New Brunswick.
I don't know what else to say to convince an indecisive person, but hopefully the food thing worked.
lol anyway, thanks a lot, TITL. You've been a big help, and I'm actually strongly leaning toward Camden now (all I really have to do is visit) as are my parents. My dad is pretty much saying the same thing you are, that I can't turn down an offer for an honors program.
And I think the pressure for me to do my work will be a good thing. Exactly the type of thing I need.
I am in the same position, GLM, and just today I received a rejection letter from UCLA, the last of the in-state schools I applied to. I am very nervous, to say the least. I don't even know if there are Coptic churches in places like New Mexico or Colorado. Lord have mercy!
Hmm well...there are only two good programs for my major in CA that I'm applying to...the rest of the good programs are on the East Coast but I made it a rule for myself not to apply to any school in a state where there's no Coptic church (no matter how good it is!)...pray for me...I am also extremely nervous.
LORD HAVE MERCY indeed.
Free cookies?!
LOL I LOVE COOKIE MONSTER!! ;D
I have kind of the same problem...but not really...I'm applying to Graduate school and I'm stressed already lol...there's a very good chance I might have to go out of state and I barely know anybody in other states :'(
[quote author=dzheremi link=topic=10600.msg129797#msg129797 date=1296954355]
I am in the same position, GLM, and just today I received a rejection letter from UCLA, the last of the in-state schools I applied to. I am very nervous, to say the least. I don't even know if there are Coptic churches in places like New Mexico or Colorado. Lord have mercy!
Me three!
..I felt left out not joining the party! :D
There is one Coptic church in Colorado in the city of Denver.
Hope that helped a little. Pray for me.
Also, a terminal M.A. is virtually unheard of in linguistics. I applied to 7 places and none of them have it. I thought I'd be done within 2 years of getting my B.A. until my adviser smacked me over the head with the news that NOBODY does a terminal M.A. in our field. You can get one, but to every institution or other future employer it looks like you went for the Ph.D. and quit early. Very bad. So I'm pretty much forced to go for the Ph.D.
It's kind of an insane career choice...hahaha...
LOL I guess we're both in the same situation...I am looking to work as a professor of English at the University level (and do research) and I wouldn't be able to do that without a Ph.D.
[quote author=dzheremi link=topic=10600.msg129850#msg129850 date=1297023546]
It's kind of an insane career choice...hahaha...
AGREED :) but no matter how insane it is, I enjoy it and am passionate about it. I think that's important when looking into a career.