New martyrs

VivViv
edited January 2011 in Coptic Orthodox Church
So, for everyone who hasn't heard what's going on with the copts in Egypt yet, here's the news:

-a muslim family in sharona, El Menya attacked 2 christian families. 8 new martyrs including 15 year old christine, and 8 year old fady.

-Coptic Egyptian youth congrating at the churches protecting them

-Copts from Alexandria are being sent death threats because of their participation in the el kedeseen protests.

-a monastery (abu saifain) has also been attacked.

-also a prison has seen a mass breakout, apparently the same one El Kamouny was being held in. figures.

Comments

• the number has risen. 11 martyrs. 4 wounded. 2 fatal.
  • a monastery (abu saifain) has also been attacked.

WHAAAAAAAT!? Oh no!! I knew this would happen! The Convent is in the middle of the city :(

Are the nuns hurt? Is the building damaged? Anything stolen?

I heard that the monks from one of the monasteries (I'm going to give a random guess and say it's Wadi El Natroon) fled.

Btw, who's El Kamouny? The way you put it in context, he sounds like a supervillain.
  • This topic title reminds me of "Pistavros and Arsanious".

... that He may forgive us our sins.
  • Lord have mercy
  • OMG! :(
    do u have any sources??
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10593.msg129092#msg129092 date=1296483393]

a monastery (abu saifain) has also been attacked.

WHAAAAAAAT!? Oh no!! I knew this would happen! The Convent is in the middle of the city :(

I heard that the monks from one of the monasteries (I'm going to give a random guess and say it's Wadi El Natroon) fled.

Btw, who's El Kamouny? The way you put it in context, he sounds like a supervillain.

is this the convent from tamav irini in cairo?
  • may God have mercy. i know a monk who lives in europe planing to leave egypt this week, i will try to find out news if he is successful in coming out.
    may God give him and all people peace that only God can give. our time on this world is short, our eternity with God through Jesus our saviour is long and peaceful.
  • it is a perfect time for these things to happen... the news is only focusing on the riots. everything else is hidden.
  • [quote author=+marmar+ link=topic=10593.msg129112#msg129112 date=1296502932]
    OMG! :(
    do u have any sources??

I got this info from Alkarma channel
    http://www.arabo.tv/videos/67/alkarma-christian-tv.html
  • [quote author=+marmar+ link=topic=10593.msg129113#msg129113 date=1296502995]
    [quote author=TITL link=topic=10593.msg129092#msg129092 date=1296483393]

I actually don't think so. when I asked my mom she said there were 5 or 6 monasteries named after abu saifain. from what I got, I think the monastery is in upper egypt?
  • [quote author=epiphania link=topic=10593.msg129132#msg129132 date=1296514128]
    [quote author=+marmar+ link=topic=10593.msg129113#msg129113 date=1296502995]

I actually don't think so. when I asked my mom she said there were 5 or 6 monasteries named after abu saifain. from what I got, I think the monastery is in upper egypt?

My mom told me it was the one tamav irini served in
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=GeorgeT link=topic=10593.msg129143#msg129143 date=1296516125]
    [quote author=epiphania link=topic=10593.msg129132#msg129132 date=1296514128]
    [quote author=+marmar+ link=topic=10593.msg129113#msg129113 date=1296502995]

My mom told me it was the one tamav irini served in

:'( Tamav Irini is my intercessor :'(
  • Well AikotiEnsok, since this is such a depressing moment for us to hear about this, I'll share a story my priest told us about that monastery :)

So when tamav was still the head of the convent, there was this electrician guy who came to do some work in the convent. He was a christian, but the "in name only" type. Anyway, so he was climbing the ladder to get to the roof, when tamav stopped him, and said 'wait till I get you something to cut the wire with'. The guy was like, who is this woman telling me how to do my job? and he went up anyway. He didn't even get up to the roof, before the wire hit him, he was electricuted and fell down dead. The nuns started getting kinda worried because this would cause trouble for the monastery with secular authorities (who as we all know, aren't that secular and would just LOVE to get a monastery for anything). Anyways, tamav told the nuns to place the body in front of the altar, and they began tasbeha. after tasbeha was over, the body started to move, and the guy got up and was totally freaking out. He was all like I NEED a priest, NOW! and he was shouting and really distressed. So tamav was like, "calm down, what did you see?", and the guy answered "I went to this really dark, stinking place, that was terrifying and had all these screaming voices, but I couldn't see anyone. and suddenly, this guy on a white horse shows up and looks at me and says, "You! I've spoken to the Lord. That monastery you were in was my monestary, and your death would cause a lot of trouble there for the nuns. You can go back, but the moment you exit it's doors, you will die, because your time has come." and then I was here, and I NEEED TO SEE ABOUNA NOW!" So tamav told the guy that this was a woman's monastery, and that there were no priests that spent the night here. He would have to come back in the morning. The man refused to leave, he spent the night in the convent, and they brought him a priest the next morning, he confessed and had communion, and died as soon as he left the monastery.

moral of the story:
    abu safain takes care of his monasteries. 
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10593.msg129092#msg129092 date=1296483393]

dunno how I missed this the first time I read you post. He's the guy that was accused to the Nag Hammadi shootings at the church. and sentenced to death.