I Have A Hymn Idea

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
i say we keep this topic and we post all these new hymns for the season u kno?

u think it is a good idea?

itll help us deacons right?

Comments

• which season u want to start with lol?
    nativity, circumsision or epiphany?
  • which one are we in now hos erof?
  • basically we r still in Nativity, untill the 8th day, which is circumsision

it could be a great id to actually update the txt library and fill it all with the missing hymns, when we make the hymn list

this would be a great service
  • so no use for this post or no?
  • it's a great id:

let's start with the Nativity:

Verses of the Cymbals:

u start with [coptic]Tenouwst `mViwt [/coptic] from the Morning doxology untill [coptic]Hiten noueu,y[/coptic]
    then u say the verses for the nativity feast [coptic]Pijinmici `mpar;enikon[/coptic] and [coptic]<ere By;leem[/coptic], followed by the part for angel Gabriel and the saints of the church and concluded with [coptic] I=yc P=,c `ncaf nem voou[/coptic] and [coptic] `Pouro `nte ]hiryny[/coptic] untill the end...

7 melodies hymn

After the litany of the Sick the rest of the morning doxology is to be said in its 7 known tunes from [coptic]Piouwini `nta`vmyi[/coptic] untill the end of [coptic]Neknai `w Panou][/coptic]

Doxologies

after the litany of the oblation the Doxologies are to be said (there's 3 for the Nativity feast: [coptic]Tote rwn afmoh `nrasi[/coptic] and [coptic]Piouai `ebolqen }`triac[/coptic] and [coptic]Amwni tyrou `ntenouwst[/coptic] )
  • E Parthenos:

`Ypar;enoc cymeron ton `uperoucion tikti@ ke ygyto cpyleon tw aprocitw `procagi@ aggeli meta pimenwn doxologouci@ magi de meta acteroc `odiporouci@ di `ymac gar egenny;y@ pedion neon@ `o`proewnwn ;eoc.

Pijinmici `mpar;enikon ouoh ninakhi `m`pneumatikon ou`svyri `mparadoxon kata nicmyi `m`provytikon
  • sorry i got the post late but do you know that we have a hymn taxt library
  • but not all of them is there

espicially some of the ones i want
  • o.k. so now will use your idea but whan you write,write it on the library and try to notify other badies by that.
    and by the way i could write arabic so if you like me to write som hymns in arabic i will
    and now tring to arabic taxts with english and the coptic so every one could understand

[coptic]Myna [/coptic]
  • great stuff Mina Girgis, arabic is more than welcom :)

currently we are busy with the arabic part for the dutch psalmody, so if i get the ok, i will post the rest of the Arabic Midnight/weekday praise

Nativity continued:

the hiteni for Josef and Salome is to be said after the angels

the praxis response [coptic]<ere bye;leem [/coptic] is to be said

After the Sinexarium the hymns for Nativity are to be said

[coptic]`Ypar;enoc [/coptic]
    [coptic]Pijinmici[/coptic]
    [coptic]Gene;lion [/coptic]
    [coptic]Apen[oic [/coptic]

then the festal Trisagion

the singari psalm [coptic]a=l@ P=o=c afjoc nyi [/coptic] is to be chanted after the Litany for the gospel, followed by the Psalm response. After the reading of the gospel the gospel response is to be said: [coptic]Ouciou afsai[/coptic] (and the english/arabic response "The Lord of Glory")
  • hos erof, lhn[coptic][/coptic] is only one part because most of the books has more parts but thay are not said.
    if any one heard it from any mallem tell me bacause i never found a maalem says it
  • [coptic]Gene;lion[/coptic]
    sorry my be
  • hey this post is awesome does neone know where i could find the hymn amen alleluia? its chanted during 7/4
    ive been looking forever i posted the words dumwhere but noone got back to me neway if any one could help that would b ecool
    aghape
    chris

God Bless You
  • [quote author=Mina Girgis link=board=2;threadid=1032;start=0#msg17748 date=1105248281]
    hos erof, lhn[coptic][/coptic] is only one part because most of the books has more parts but thay are not said.
    if any one heard it from any mallem tell me bacause i never found a maalem says it

Genethlion is a lot of parts actually, the problem is that only the tune of the first part has been handed over to us, so consequently it's the only part which is recorded.
    U can find it under Nativity=>IBrahim Ayad=>Liturgy=>Ie Parthenos
    or
    Nativity=>Higher Institute for Coptic Studies=>Genethlion

it's a rather lengthy difficult hymn though, i'd try to learn a lot of other hymns first before trying this one, because it contains a lot of "hazaat" from other hymns, which should be learned first, cause else ít'll get very confusing

does neone know where i could find the hymn amen alleluia? its chanted during 7/4
    ive been looking forever i posted the words dumwhere but noone got back to me neway if any one could help that would b ecool

which Amen Alleluia are u referring too???

ps: Genethlion could be said during distribution after psalm 150 instead of before aPenshois, this is practically better though because of it's length, and usually there's time after psalm 150 anyway
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=1032;start=0#msg17763 date=1105278847]
    [quote author=Mina Girgis link=board=2;threadid=1032;start=0#msg17748 date=1105248281]
    hos erof, lhn[coptic][/coptic] is only one part because most of the books has more parts but thay are not said.

Genethlion is a lot of parts actually, the problem is that only the tune of the first part has been handed over to us, so consequently it's the only part which is recorded.
    U can find it under Nativity=>IBrahim Ayad=>Liturgy=>Ie Parthenos
    or
    Nativity=>Higher Institute for Coptic Studies=>Genethlion

it's a rather lengthy difficult hymn though, i'd try to learn a lot of other hymns first before trying this one, because it contains a lot of "hazaat" from other hymns, which should be learned first, cause else ít'll get very confusing

does neone know where i could find the hymn amen alleluia? its chanted during 7/4

which Amen Alleluia are u referring too???

ps: Genethlion could be said during distribution after psalm 150 instead of before aPenshois, this is practically better though because of it's length, and usually there's time after psalm 150 anyway

you are right because i have the lhn for other mallemen to and they the first part only.
    and by the the way it's not that hard .
    the lhn shouldn't be hard of because of a lot of hzaat but how the hzaat are said.
    because alhan confuse you because you sometimes start fastive and than sad.
    so it doesn't matter how much hzaat is there
  • shud we change to a different season now lol?