Father Peter podcasts

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I am experimenting with recording things and converting them to MP3.

In due course I will sort out introductory music etc etc, and host them on one of my sites, but if anyone is interested here are two talks which I have recorded as a proof of the technology I have here.

One is the short homily I preached on Sunday on the passage Luke 14: 25-35, and the other is introduction I gave at our Bible Study looking at Luke 1:1-25.

http://www.orthodoxmedway.org/media/Father_Peter_Homily_Luke_14_25_35.mp3

http://www.orthodoxmedway.org/media/Bible_Study_Luke_01.mp3

Father Peter

Comments

• Woah you have a british accent!! I guess I should have expected that since you're from the UK, duh :p
    I always read your posts with an American accent in my head.

Past the accent, although very very fascinating, I liked the first 3 minutes of the sermon :) Where is the rest of it?

Thanks for uploading these Father :)
  • Yes, I have an English accent.

The file should be 6:28 minutes long. Try downloading it again.

I shall add some more sermons to the list over the next few days.

God bless you for listening.

Father Peter
  • It is 6:28 minutes. I'm not sure why my computer only played the first 3 minutes, but both are working now!

I was looking forward to hearing the discussion for St. Luke's Bible study :(
  • I am not sure folk would want to have all their comments posted online. It might inhibit people from contributing.

• Thank you Father Peter I will listen to them.
    God bless your ministry.

GBU
  • Fr. Peter,
    I've listened to the first one and it was brilliant! Love how you explained discipleship and God must be first. please continue to post more sermons for us to learn and grow I'm spirit.
  • OMG...... I LOVE YOUR ACCENT :D
  • The Internet Abouna has done it again!

Even along electronic routers and servers he can have an outreach to all of us on a personal basis.

The Bible Study podcast put the Gospel of St. Luke with a fine introduction of the context of writing--very scholarly.

As for the other podcast relative to the sermon, my take home message:  "no pain, no gain".

Thank you Father.  You are a Scholar and a Father.
  • BTW, I love the way Fr. Peter pronounces, with his British accent:  'controversy'.
  • I was so worried that your voice would sound nothing like I imagined it. lol. But it wasn't too far off  ;D

Good stuff, Fr. Peter.
  • Reminds me of Alister McGrath, both in sound and in content.
  • Dear family in Christ,

I have created two more mp3s of my poor sermons and talks. These are rather longer.

There is a homily I preached at the Coptic Orthodox Church in Bromley, when I was blessed to be invited by Father Antonios. It is on that passage in St James' letter which encourages us to 'Draw near to God'. It is about 32 minutes long.

The second new file is a live recording of a talk I gave at St Mark's, Kensington, on the Origins of Christianity in the British Isles. Obviously I could not miss the opportunity to also talk about mission. This is about 56 minutes long.

I have created a page to host these files on my local Church website, so you will find them all, and I will try to add more over the next days and weeks, on this page...

http://www.orthodoxmedway.org/media.php

Privately or on the forum it is always helpful to receive constructive criticism.

God bless you

Father Peter
  • Do you have any sermons on orthodoxsermons.org? I am looking forward into listening more this!
    Thanks for posting.
    BTW, Your accent sounds brilliant!
  • Father Peter,

I have only had time to listen t your homily on the Luke passage but I wanted to say that it was truly challenging and edifying.

Remember me in your prayers.