stories id like to share

Comments

• woow
    very beautiful
    we should all (including me) learn 2 appreciate
  • these r great. i hope im not askin to much but are there any more.? sryyy.
  • OK sorry is been so long but here are more:

Twins, a sister and brother were talking to each other in the womb. The little sister said to the little brother: ‘I believe that there is life after birth!’ Her brother protested: ‘No, no, this is all there is. This is a dark and cosy place, and we have nothing else to do but to cling on to the cord that feeds us.’ But the little girl insisted: ‘There must be something more than this dark place, there must be something else where there is light and freedom to move.’ Still she could not convince her twin brother. Then...after some silence, she said hesitantly: ‘I have something else to say, and I am afraid you won’t believe that either, but I think there is a mother!’ Her little brother now became furious: ‘A mother, a mother, what are you talking about? I have never seen a mother and neither have you. Who put that idea in your head? As I told you, this place is all we have so let’s be content.’ The little sister finally said: ‘Don’t you feel this pressure sometimes? Its really unpleasant and sometimes even painful.’ ‘Yes,’ he answered, ‘what’s special about that?’ ‘Well,’ the sister said, ‘I think this pressure is there to get us ready for another place, much more beautiful than this, where we will see our mother face to face! Don’t you think that’s exciting!.

And we too will see Our Lord Juses face to face after we depat from this world !! Don’t you think that’s exciting!.

• And another to make up for being so long:

When you come to a fork in the road, take it. 

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. 

Always give your best; never get discouraged, never be petty. Always remember others may hate you. But those who hate you don’t win, unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself. 

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars but remember to keep your feet on the ground. 

Reach for the moon; even if you miss, you will land among the stars. 

Do something every day that scares you. 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. 

Dream as though you’ll live forever; live as though you’ll die today. 

Neither beg of him who has been a beggar, nor serve him who has been a servant. 

If you want to be seen, stand up. If you want to be heard, speak up. If you want to be appreciated, shut up. 

Live fast; die young; leave a good-looking corpse behind. 

A little caution outflanks a large cavalry. 

Before anything else, preparation is the key to success. 

The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today’s work superbly well. 

Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet. 

If you can’t dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bull. 

Don’t sweat the petty things, and don’t pet the sweaty things. 

Always leave them laughing when you say goodbye. 

Decide who you must be, then do what you must do. 

Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. 

There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group, there’s less competition. 

Be who you are and say what you feel ’cause people who mind don’t matter, and people who matter don’t mind. 

Look not back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around you in awareness. 

Get up every day and try a little harder than the day before. 

Never bet with anyone you meet on the first tee who has a deep suntan, a one-iron in his bag, and squinty eyes. 

Be nice to people on your way up because you’ll meet them on your way down. 

There are three ingredients in the good life: learning, earning and yearning. 

Speak when you’re angry and you’ll make the best speech you’ll ever regret. 

If you don’t know what it is, don’t mess with it. 

Do all the good you can,
    By all the means you can,
    In all the places that you can,
    At all the times you can,
    To all the people you can,
    As long as you ever can. 

Joy, temperance, and repose slam the door on the doctor’s nose. 

Courage, hard work, self-mastery, and intelligent effort are all essential to successful life. 

Don’t cross the stream to find water. 

Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else. 

When you were born, everyone around was smiling and you were the one crying. Live life so that when you die, everyone around you is crying and you are the one smiling. 

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Choose your words, for they become actions.
    Understand your actions, for they become habits.
    Study your habits, for they will become your character.
    Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny. 

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value. 

Don’t ever forget two things I’m going to tell you. One, don’t believe everything that’s written about you. Two, don’t pick up too many checks. 

Be sure to wear a good cologne, a nice aftershave lotion, and a strong underarm deodorant. And it might be a good idea to wear some clothes, too. 

Don’t ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up. 

Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died. 

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. 

Beware of small expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship. 

Be the master of your will and the slave of your conscience. 

Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip. 

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. 

Slight not what is near through aiming at what is far. 

When you want to test the depths of a stream, don’t use both feet. 

In the midst of great joy, do not promise anyone anything. In the midst of great anger, do not answer anyone’s letter. 

Never cut what you can untie. 

Never trust a man who speaks well of everybody. 

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. 

Act so that your principle of action might safely be made a law for the whole world. 

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. 

Live as you will have wished to have lived when you are dying. 

Never rise to speak till you have something to say; and when you have said it, cease. 

Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose. 

Live a balanced life: learn some and think some, and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some. 

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 

Learn to say “I don’t know.” If used when appropriate, it will be often. 

Plan backward as well as forward. Set objectives and trace back to see how to achieve them. You may find that no path can get you there. Plan forward to see where your steps will take you, which may not be clear or intuitive. 

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have. 

This above all: to thine own self be true. 

Have more than thou showest, speak less than thou knowest, lend less than thou owest. 

Live all you can; it’s a mistake not to. 

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with. 

Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. 

If you would be wealthy, think of saving as well as getting. 

Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none. 

Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time. 

JG
  • I can feel another coming on:

A-five year-old boy climbed on an eight-ton steam roller one day. He pressed the button and pulled the lever

as he had seen the regular driver do. He kept going and going crushing five automobiles on the way.

“I knew how to start it,” he said, “but I couldn’t stop it.”

So it is with us. We know how to start but we can’t stop. We start out with freedom of choice but we continue

to choose the wrong thing until it finally masters us and we have no choice left.

The drug addict would give anything to be set free but his habit has him “hooked”, and he knows that the end of it

will be death. In sober moments the alcoholic hates himself for the hell that he creates in his own home, but his bottle is

like a chain, and he knows that he cannot break away from it.

So it is with the sex pervert and the compulsive gambler, and the workaholic and so many others living in prisons created

by themselves.

No use telling these people to reform. They cannot reform: they are imprisoned in the dungeon of their own

helplessness. They need to be liberated. It is for these “captives and their salvation” that we pray in every liturgy. “Bring

my soul out of prison,” cried the Psalmist (142:7). No matter what kind of prison you have made for yourself, no matter

what kind of enslavement you have inflicted upon yourself, there is power in Christ to overcome. Just as He broke

the doors of Hades to set us free from death, so He breaks those other doors today that keep us enslaved, prisoners of

ourselves. When Christ sets us free, we are indeed free- free with what St. Paul describes as “the glorious liberty of the

children of God” (Rom. 8:21)

JG
  • Heres one i researched:

Recently, I read in a book called 'Mogesat Marimena al agayby' (The Miracles of St. Mena the Wonder-Worker) an amazing miracle that I would like to share here.

As you know, WWII was fought from 1939-45. The Axis powers (Germany) fought the Allies (England, USA, Russia, France). Germany was under the leadership of Adolf Hitler an evil man who wanted to create the Third Reich, a German Empire to rule the world. His stormtroopers were invading and killing which as you know is the direct opposite of Christian principals of love, hope and peace.

Now the War came also to North Africa and Egypt, where Germany wanted to capture the Suez Canal in order to cut off British supplies. So German forces lead by General Rommel began invading Egypt. The leader of the British forces in Egypt was a religious man called General Montgomery. One night Montgomery had a dream. In the dream he saw a man. Whenever the man raised his hands, the German forces were defeated. Montgomery on seeing this asked the man what his name was. He replied,"My name is Mena." When he woke up, he felt encouraged. Three days after the dream the major and famous battle of Al-Alamein began.

As you know the Allied forces led by Montgomery won the battle. The following points are worthy of note:

- This major battle which affected the outcome of the whole War only lasted 12 days.

- Rommel was not present at the battle, but was in Germany at the time.

- Rommel's deputy was killed in a peculiar way: he fell from a car and died.

- Centuries before the battle, in the same area, there was a city dedicated to St.Mena. Therefore St.Mena was defending his own land.

After the battle in 1942 the Greek Orthodox Patriarch Khristoforos wrote a proclamation stating that it was indeed St.Mena the Coptic saint defeated the Axis powers and rescued the Allies and Egypt, in his land. Another poor greek woman also proved it by going to a tamgeed once holding his picture. When asked how she knew about St.Mena she said it was him who defended Egypt

His blessings be with us forever amen

JG
  • hey u guys i can feel another 1 coming....

life is 2 short------

Our ideologies, traditions, and society's desire have led us to live astray from our nature with God. Most of us do not know God's expectations, and have grown not to think about God or pay attention to our real life. Do you not know that our life on earth is too short?

Do you ever stop to think what happens when those 65 or 70 years are over. Some think that once you die, that is the end. However this is not true, the difference between a person who is alive and a person who is dead, is that the dead person's soul has left his/her body, but where does the soul go? The soul does not die, but it is placed according to God's knowledge of our love for him, faith in him, and our intentions to be obedient (God does not expect us to be perfect).

Do you ask yourself why you believe that captain Cook once travelled from England to Australia and thus Australia became an inhabited land? Of course not; because you already believe in the history, then do you ask yourself why you can't believe in the Bible? For it is also the history of our living God Jesus Christ and his prophets.

The biggest problem is that people condemn the Lord Jesus without knowing him. The only way to make a decision on believing or not is if you read the Bible. PLEASE read your Bible and give our loving God a chance; God loves, and he is willing to accept you. Don't let Satan tells you that it is too late; God doesn't expect us to be perfect!

IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO CHANGE - GOD IS POWERFUL - JUST ASK Him And Retun 
  • is that enough for you guys?!!!?!?!?! lol

JG
  • I dunno guys its been a while.....BUT ITS TIME FOR MORE STORIES!!!! lol  :D

Ill resurrect this after my exam tomorrow, please pray for me

• Here we go:

Blessing of Burdens

''And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in
    weakness" Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of
    Christ may rest upon me."

2 Corinthians 12: 9

There's a story about an old grandfather clock that had stood for three generations in the
    same corner of a room, faithfully ticking off the minutes and hours, day after day. In the
    clock was a heavy weight that was pulled to the top each night to keep it running.

Then one day the clock was sold, and the new owner noticed the heavy weight. "Too bad," he
    said, "that such an old clock should have to bear so great a load." So he took the weight
    off the chain. At once the clock stopped ticking.

"Why did you do that?" asked the clock.

"I wanted to lighten your burden," said the man.

"Please put it back," said the clock. "That's what keeps me going!"

Most people are looking for an easy way through life. They think that if they had no
    burdens they could live pleasantly and triumphantly. They don't realize that God often
    keeps us going spiritually by the weights that seem to pull us down. Trials can give our
    feet spiritual traction. Our burdens not only bring us blessing in this life, but they
    also are "

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more
    exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory

" (2 Cor. 4:17).

joe
  • One Man

One man, kneeling
    alone in the night
    Blood and sweat mix
    outflowing in fright
    Kneeling, praying
    prone on the grass
    “From my lips, Father,
    let this cup pass.”

One man, standing
    scorned, flogged, and beat
    Harsh words still echo
    there in the heat
    “He is no king,”
    he heard them cry
    “Give us Barabbas!
    and him -- CRUCIFY!!”

One man, hanging
    dying with thieves
    Of the thousands who followed
    for him, who grieves?
    Friends watch at a distance
    afraid to go near
    Their whole worlds are shattered
    their hearts filled with fear.

One man lived and died
    in a rich grave was laid
    For His blood was shed
    that our debt be paid.
    But death could not hold Him
    resurrected He stands
    To him who is weary
    outstretched are His hands
    In Christ there is rest
    a requiem from strife
    To him who believes
    He will grant eternal life.

pray for me

joe
  • If u feel down

if you feel down
    and all alone
    if your world is all but gone

just look up to
    the sky above
    and know you have a friend

if you feel down
    and feel betrayed
    and your friends have left you cold

just pray to God
    for the strength
    to help you carry on

if you feel down
    and your life's a mess
    and your family left you hurt

just praise the Lord
    for all you've got
    and it'll all begin to work.

if you feel down
    and feel real sad
    about something that you did

just worship God
    with all your heart
    and remember that he forgives!

pray for me

joe
  • Center of the Bible

This is awesome ....thought you might find this interesting

What is the shortest chapter in the Bible?
    Answer: Psalms 117

What is the longest chapter in the Bible?
    Answer: Psalms 119

Which chapter is in the center of the Bible
    Answer: Psalms 118

Fact: There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118

Fact: There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118

Add these numbers up and you get 1188

What is the center verse in the Bible?
    Answer: 118:8

Does this verse say something significant about God's perfect will for our lives? The next
    time someone says they would like to find God's perfect will for their lives and that they
    want to be in the center of His will, just send them to the center of His Word!

Psalms 118:8 (NKJV) "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man."

pray for me

joe
  • The Rose &  thorns

A certain man planted a rose and watered it faithfully and before it blossomed, he
    examined it.

He saw the bud that would soon blossom, but noticed thorns upon the stem and he thought,
    "How can any beautiful flower come from a plant burdened with so many sharp thorns?
    Saddened by this thought, he neglected to water the rose, and just before it was ready to
    bloom... it died.

So it is with many people. Within every soul there is a rose. The God-like qualities
    planted in us at birth, grow amid the thorns of our faults. Many of us look at ourselves
    and see only the thorns, the defects.

We despair, thinking that nothing good can possibly come from us. We neglect to water the
    good within us, and eventually it dies. We never realize our potential.

Some people do not see the rose within themselves; someone else must show it to them. One
    of the greatest gifts a person can possess is to be able to reach past the thorns of
    another, and find the rose within them.

This is one of the characteristic of love... to look at a person, know their true faults
    and accepting that person into your life... all the while recognizing the nobility in
    their soul. Help others to realize they can overcome their faults. If we show them the
    "rose" within themselves, they will conquer their thorns. Only then will they blossom many
    times over.

pray for me

joe
  • THAT'S GOD

Have you ever been just sitting there and all of a sudden you feel like doing something
    nice for someone you care for... THAT'S GOD...  He talks to you through the Holy Spirit.

Have you ever been down and out and nobody seems to be around for you to talk to... THAT'S
    GOD...  He wants you to talk to Him.

Have you ever been thinking about somebody that you haven't seen in a long time and then
    next thing you know you see them or receive a phone call from them... THAT'S GOD... there
    is no such thing as "coincidence."

Have you ever received something wonderful that you didn't even ask for, like money in the
    mail, a debt that had mysteriously been cleared, or a coupon to a department store where
    you had just seen something you wanted, but couldn't afford... THAT'S GOD... He knows the
    desires of your heart...

Have you ever been in a situation and you had no clue how it is going to get better, but
    now you look back on it... THAT'S GOD... He passes us through tribulation to see brighter
    day..

Do you think that this e-mail was accidentally sent to you?  Nope! I was thinking of you!

.. In all that we do, we should totally give HIM thanks and our blessings will continue to
    multiply...

pray for me

joe
  • The Gossip

A woman repeated a bit of gossip about a neighbour. Within a few days the whole community
    knew the story. The person it concerned was deeply hurt and offended.

Later, the woman responsible for spreading the rumor learned that it was completely
    untrue. She was very sorry and went to a wise old sage to find out what she could do to
    repair the damage.

"Go to the marketplace," he said, "and purchase a chicken, and have it killed. Then on
    your way home, pluck its feathers and drop them one by one along the road."

Although surprised by this advice, the woman did what she was told. The next day the wise
    man said, "Now, go and collect all those feathers you dropped yesterday and bring them
    back to me." The woman followed the same road, but to her dismay the wind had blown all
    the feathers away. After searching for hours, she returned with only three in her hand.

"You see," said the old sage, "it's easy to drop them, but it is impossible to get them
    back. So it is with gossip. It doesn't take much to spread a rumor, but once you do you
    can never completely undo the wrong."

Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips (Psa 141 : 3)

pray for me

joe

• Never Say Never

Your heart is never so out of tune you cannot sing a new song.
    Your light is never so tiny a spark it cannot ignite and burn strong.
    Your laughter is never so hollow it cannot burst at the seams.
    Your spirit is never so broken you cannot rebuild all your dreams.
    Your vision is never so out of focus you cannot see your way clear.
    Your courage is never so locked away you cannot break free from your fear.
    Your love is never so tiny a stream it cannot flow with a force.
    Your soul is never so drifted away it cannot get back on its course.
    Your faith is never so lost in a storm it cannot sail high on the seas.
    Your prayers are never so long forgotten you cannot get down on your knees.
    Your hope is never so far from memory you cannot have total recall.
    Your will is never so shaken and weak you cannot survive a hard fall.
    Your life is never so worthless a thing you cannot bring dignity to it.
    Your day is never so empty a void you cannot fill up and renew it.
    Your 'nevers' are never so final you cannot reach out for the bliss,
    the peace, protection and safety, the anchor of God's sacred kiss.

pray for me

joe
  • Accept people as they are

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in
    Vietnam.

He called his parents from San Francisco.

"Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've got a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd like to
    bring with me."

"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the
    fighting. He stepped on a land mined and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go,
    and I want him to come live with us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."

"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."

"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap
    would be a terrible burden on us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let
    something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget
    about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."

At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him.

A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son
    had died after falling from a building, they were told. The police believed it was
    suicide. The grief-stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city
    morgue to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they
    also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.

The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it easy to love those who are
    good-looking or fun to have around, but we don't like people who inconvenience us or make
    us feel uncomfortable. We would rather stay away from people who aren't as healthy,
    beautiful, or smart as we are.

Thankfully, there's someone who won't treat us that way. Someone who loves us with an
    unconditional love that welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed up
    we are.

Tonight, before you tuck yourself in for the night, say a little prayer that God will give
    you the strength you need to accept people as they are, and to help us all be more
    understanding of those who are different from us!!!

There's a miracle called -Friendship- that dwells in the heart. You don't know how it
    happens or when it gets started. But you know the special lift It always brings and you
    realize that Friendship Is God's most precious gift!

Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed.
    They lend an ear, they share a word of praise, and they always want to open their hearts
    to us

pray for me

joe

• You and  the others

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you want to pick them from
    your dreams and hug them.

Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,  because
    you have only one life

and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough
    sorrow to keep you human,

enough hope to make you happy.

Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the
    other person, too.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the
    most of
    everything that comes along their way.

Happiness lives for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched, and those who
    tried, for
    only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear.
    The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past,

you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling.
    Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you
    is crying.

pray for me

joe
  • LOVE MY LORD

Take me on the top of the highest mountain

May I touch your beautiful heart

O Jesus, my Lord, how I love you

Take me where you are

From the highest mountain I can reach heaven

I can see your kingdom of grace

All the world lies at your feet

You didn’t refuse me when I was bad

You parted the sky and took my hands

You lifted my spirit on wings

No man is righteous before you

Your grace is bigger than the world

You comfort all suffering hearts

Shall I ever understand

The extent of your beautiful heart

Jesus, you died for me on the cross

You took all burdens away

Oh, take me on the top of the mountain

May I feel your presence for ever

Jesus, your love is my life

Never, never leave me alone

God, how great is your love

That even when we go our own way
    You still watch over us
    Making sure we don't stray.

We seek you in our afflictions,
    And find you when in need
    But then we go on our own way
    And forget what we should heed.

Father will we ever really know
    The deepness of your love?
    We see just a glimpse of it
    And yet this seems enough.

Maybe to know your love complete
    Would clearly blow my mind
    And yet I can't help but seek
    For all that I might find.

pray for me

joe
  • Love and time

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness,
    Knowledge, and all of the others, including Love.

One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so they all prepared
    their boats and left. Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to stay with the
    island until it started sinking.

When Love was almost sinking, he decided to ask for help.

Richness came by Love in a beautiful boat. Love said, "Richness, can you take me with
    you?" Richness answered, "No, I can't .. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat.
    There is no place here for you."

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by, "Vanity, please help me!" "I can't
    help you Love. You are all wet and you may damage my boat," Vanity answered.

Sadness was close by so again Love asked for help, "Sadness, let me go with you."
    "Oh...Love, I am so sad that I prefer to go alone!" Happiness passed by Love too, but she
    was so happy that she did not listen when Love called her!

Suddenly, there was a voice: "Come Love, I will take you. "It was an elder. Love became so
    happy that he even forgot to ask the elder her name.

When they arrived on dry land, the elder went on her own way. Love asked Knowledge,
    another elder, the name of the elder who had helped him. "It was Time," answered
    Knowledge. "Time? But why did Time help me?" asked Love.

"Because only Time is capable of understanding how great Love is," answered Knowledge.

pray for me

joe
  • Child of an Atheist

There was an atheist couple who had a child. The couple never told their daughter anything
    about the Lord. One night when the little girl was 5 years old, the parents fought with
    each other and the dad shot the Mom, right in front of the child. Then, the dad shot
    himself. The little girl watched it all. She then was sent to a foster home.

The foster mother was a Christian and took the child to church. On the first day of Sunday
    School, the foster mother told the teacher that the girl had never heard of Jesus, and to
    have patience with her. The teacher held up a picture of Jesus and said, "Does anyone know
    who this is?" The little girl said, "I do, that's the man who was holding me the night my
    parents died."

Even though she had never heard of Jesus, he still held her the night her parents died.

When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the LORD will take care of me (Psa 27 : 10)

pray for me

joe
  • 10-Inches of water

A boy was sitting on a park bench with one hand resting on an open Bible. He was loudly
    exclaiming his praise to God.

"Hallelujah! Hallelujah! God is great!" he yelled without worrying whether anyone heard
    him or not.

Shortly after, along came a man who had recently completed some studies at a local
    university. Feeling himself very enlightened in the ways of truth and very eager to show
    this enlightenment, he asked the boy about the source of his joy.

"Hey," asked the boy in return with a bright laugh, "don't you have any idea what God is
    able to do? I just read that God opened up the waves of the Red Sea and led the whole
    nation of Israel right through the middle."

The enlightened man laughed lightly, sat down next to the boy and began to try to open his
    eyes to the "realities" of the miracles of the Bible.

"That can all be very easily explained. Modern science has shown that the Red Sea in that
    area was only 10-inches deep at that time. It was no problem for the Israelites to wade
    across."

The boy looked surprised. His eyes wandered from the man back to the Bible laying open in
    his lap. The man, content that he had enlightened a poor, naive young person to the finer
    points of scientific insight, turned to go.

Scarcely had he taken two steps when the boy began to rejoice and praise louder than
    before; "Hallelujah! Hallelujah! God is SO great!". The man turned to ask the reason for
    this resumed jubilation.

"Wow!" exclaimed the boy happily, "God is greater than I thought! Not only did He lead the
    whole nation of Israel through the Red Sea, He topped it off by drowning the whole
    Egyptian army in only 10-inches of water!"

pray for me

joe
  • Helen Keller

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.

Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure. The fearful are caught as often
    as the bold.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and
    suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

Every one of us is blind and deaf until our eyes are opened to our fellowmen, until our
    ears hear the voices of humanity.

Every optimist moves along with progress and hastens it, while every pessimist would keep
    the world at a standstill.

Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may
    be in, therein to be content.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.

Happiness is a state of mind, and depends very little on outward circumstances. Cultivate
    happiness in yourself and in others, and you will wonder at the beauty, the richness, the
    power that come from you through your bright spirit.

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something;
    And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

I do not want the peace that passes understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth
    peace.

I long to accomplish a great and noble task; but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
    tasks as if they were great and noble.

I really care for nothing in the world but liberty in all the departments of life -
    liberty to grow mentally and spiritually, untrampled by tradition and arbitrary standards.

I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a
    touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.

If we don't make the most of ourselves, how can we expect to be made much of by others?

Instead of comparing our lot with that of those who are more fortunate than we are, we
    should compare it with the lot of the great majority of our fellow men.

It gives me a deep, comforting sense that 'things seen are temporal and things unseen are
    eternal.'

It is for us to pray not for tasks equal to our powers, but for powers equal to our tasks,
    to go forward with a great desire forever beating at the door of our hearts as we travel
    toward our distant goal.

It is not possible for civilization to flow backwards while there is youth in the world.
    Youth may be headstrong, but it will advance it allotted length.

It is not required of every man and woman to do or be something great. Most of us have to
    be content to take small parts in the drama of life.

It is said that success is happiness. I think good-will and service to all men are the
    true kind of happiness.

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.

Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained
    through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.

More than at any other time, when I hold a beloved book in my hand my limitations fall
    from me, my spirit is free.

No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars or sailed to an uncharted land or
    opened a new heaven to the human spirit.

Once I knew only darkness and stillness...my life was without past or future...but a
    little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and
    my heart leaped to the rapture of living.

Only people count. Only people who think and feel and work together make civilization.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope.

Optimism that does not count the cost, is like a house built on sand.

People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are
    not always pleasant.

Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of
    them all - the apathy of human beings.

Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything good in the
    world.

Smell is a potent wizard that transports you across thousand of miles and all the years
    you have lived.

Some people are foolish enough to imagine that wealth and power and fame satisfy our
    hearts; but they never do, unless they are used to create and distribute happiness in the
    world.

The best and most beautiful thing in life is friendship that springs out of the heart, as
    fragrances out of the flower.

The highest result of education is tolerance.

The power of effecting changes for the better is within ourselves, not in the
    favorableness of circumstances.

The world is sown with good; but unless I turn my glad thoughts into practical living and
    till my own field, I can not reap a kernel of good.

There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had
    a king among his.

To keep our faces toward change, and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate, is
    strength undefeatable.

True education combines intellect, beauty, goodness, and the greatest of these is
    goodness.

Unless we can help the world where we are, we could not help it if we were somewhere else.

Until the great mass of the people shall be filled with the sense of responsibility for
    each other's welfare, social justice can never be attained.

We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.

We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world.

What induces a child to learn but his delight in knowing?

What life can be more satisfying than to think high thoughts undisturbed and keep one's
    spirit in the strong, simple wisdom of nature's ways?

What really counts in life is the quiet meeting of every difficulty with determination to
    get out of it all the good there is.

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed
    door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.

When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the
    life of another.

pray for me

joe
  • Guys and Girls, keep postin your stories too  ;D

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=3774.msg88067#msg88067 date=1211307907]
    "God is greater than I thought! Not only did He lead the
    whole nation of Israel through the Red Sea, He topped it off by drowning the whole

this is really nice.
  • lol yeah when I first read it I laughed for hours  :D
  • [quote author=abkarino22 link=topic=3774.msg88074#msg88074 date=1211311062]
    [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=3774.msg88067#msg88067 date=1211307907]
    "God is greater than I thought! Not only did He lead the

this is really nice.

This is funny. These are really Beautiful i can sit here all day reading them and never get tired. If you have more please post them
  • Glad to hear their good... here come more  :)

• Child of God

Child of God your Father's calling, hurry come draw near. Time is quickly fading, oh how
    he longs for you to hear.
    His love is amazing, it will transform your heart and mind.
    A greater love in your life you will never find. Constant joy will abide in your heart,
    quietly comforting you throughout your days.
    God's Holy Spirit will dwell with you, leading and guiding you in all of his ways. When
    you encounter hard times, you can rest assured that you won't face them alone. The Lord
    shall stand beside you, no better friend will you have ever known.
    Child of God, listen the Lord is whispering your name. Will you hear?
    See his outstretched arms, longing to embrace you once again. Hurry there isn't much time.
    No more running away, turn back to the Lord. Can you hear his heart beat as he holds you
    near? Angels in heaven rejoice.
    A child of God comes home. Child of God your Father's calling, oh how you love to hear him
    speak. The strength and power of God are with you, no longer are you alone and weak.
    Your prayers are heard and answered, his wonderful blessings do abound. No greater love,
    Oh child of God is ever to be found

pray for me

joe