stories id like to share

12346»

Comments

• [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=3774.msg89922#msg89922 date=1213033364]
    The Three Men

A woman came out of her house and saw 3 old men with
    long white beards sitting in her front yard. She did not recognize
    them. She said "I don't think I know you, but you must be hungry.
    Please come in and have something to eat."

"Is the man of the house home?", they asked.

"No," she said, "he's out."

"Then we cannot come in," they replied.

In the evening when her husband came home,
    she told him what had happened.

"Go tell them I am home and invite them in!"

The woman went out and invited the men in.

"We do not go into a house together," they replied.

"Why is that?" she wanted to know.

One of the old men explained, "His name is Wealth," he said
    pointing to one of his friends and said pointing to another one,
    "He is Success, and I am Love."

Then he added,"Now go in and discuss with your husband which
    one of us you want in your home."

The woman went in and told her husband what was said.
    Her husband was overjoyed.

"How nice!!", he said. "Since that is the case, let us invite Wealth.
    Let him come and fill our home with wealth!"

His wife disagreed. "My dear, why don't we invite Success?"

Their daughter-in-law was listening from the other corner of the
    house. She jumped in with her own suggestion,

"Would it not be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled
    with love!"

"Let us heed our daughter-in-law's advice," said the
    husband to his wife. "Go out and invite Love to be our guest."

The woman went out and asked the 3 old men, "Which one of
    you is Love? Please come in and be our guest."

Love got up and started walking toward the house. The other 2
    also got up and followed him. Surprised, the lady asked Wealth
    and Success, "I only invited Love, Why are you coming in?"

The old men replied together, "If you had invited Wealth or
    Success, the other two of us would've stayed out, but since you
    invited Love, wherever he goes, we go with him. Wherever there is
    Love, there is also Wealth and Success!!!!!!"

My  WISH FOR YOU...

Where there is pain, we wish you peace and mercy.

Where there is self-doubting, I wish you a renewed confidence in
    your ability to work through them.

Where there is tiredness, or exhaustion, I wish you understanding,
    patience, and renewed strength.

Where there is fear, I wish you love, and courage

pray for me

joe

great story
  • Count your blessings instead of your crosses; Count your gains instead of your losses; Count your joys instead of your woes; Count your friends instead of your foes; Count your smiles instead of your tears; Count your courage instead of your fears; Count your full years instead of your lean; Count your kind deeds instead of your mean; Count your health instead of your wealth; Count on GOD instead of yourself

• One time there was a woman and an old man sitting on a park bench. The woman had her head on the old man’s chest as if she was listening to something. A kid walked by and asked her what she was doing. The woman replied “Listening to my Son.” Now you’re thinking, “What is this woman talking about, listening to the heart beat of a man who is over two decades older than her, and saying it’s her son?” Sounds kind of crazy, huh? But before you get confused, you must hear the beginning of the story. About a year or so before sitting on that park bench, that woman had a son. He was about 17 years old. He had a lot going for him too, he was smart, he was good looking, and a star athlete. Then one night, there was a horrible car crash. The young man was killed instantly. And on his license was a little red heart, with the letter “Y” right in the center. Yes, the young man was an organ donor. At about the same time as the accident, there was an old man dying, in need of a heart transplant. The operation was successful. The woman on the bench was listening to the heart beat of her one and only son. Now my question to you is, If God walked in the very room that you’re sitting in right now, and leaned into your chest, would he hear the heart beat of his one and only son? Some of us just might need a heart transplant. A heart full of sin and unrighteousness just won’t cut it. But why not trade a blackened heart for one full of love and faith? No, this doesn’t really require an operation, just one man… Jesus Christ.
  • I recieved this insightful message:

*An Interview With God, Please take time to read................*
    I dreamed, I had an INTERVIEW WITH GOD.

+ "So, you would like to interview me?" GOD asked.

- "If you have time," I said.

+ GOD smile. "My time is eternity... "

- First questions "What surprises you the most about humankind?"

+ GOD answered... "That they get bored with childhood, that they rush to grow
    up, and then long to be children again."
    "That they lose their health to make money... and then lose their money to restore their health."
    "That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such
    that they live in neither the present nor the future."
    "That they live as if they would never die, and die as though they had never lived."

+ GOD's hand took mine... and we were silent for a while.

- And then I asked second question, "As a parent, what are some of life's
    lessons you want your children to learn?"

+ GOD replied, "To learn they cannot make anyone love them. All they can do is let themselves be loved."
    "To learn that it is not good to compare themselves to others."
    "To learn to forgive by practicing forgiveness."
    "To learn that it only takes a few seconds to open profound wounds in those they love, and it can take many years to heal them."
    "To learn that a rich person is not one who has the most, but is one who
    needs the least."
    "To learn that there are people who love them dearly, but simply do not yet know how to express or show their feelings."
    "To learn that two people can look at the same thing, and see it
    differently."
    "To learn that it is not enough that they forgive one another, but they must also forgive themselves."

- "Thank you for your time," I said humbly.
    "Is there anything else you would like your children to know?"

+ GOD smiled, and said... "Just know that I am here." *"Always."*
  • Really nice, SaintaMaria, thanks for sharing...

God Bless
  • Thanks for sharing I really enjoyed it.

Here is another one:

To my beloved child,
    As you got up this morning,I watched you and hoped you would talk to me,even if it was just a few words,asking my opinion or thanking me for something good that happened in your life yesterday.
    But I noticed you were too busy,trying to find the right outfit to wear.

When you ran around the house getting ready, I knew there would be a few minutes for you to stop and say hello,but you were too busy,

At one point you had to wait fifteen minutes with nothing to do except sit in a chair.

Then I saw you spring to your feet. I thought you wanted to talk to me
    but instead you ran to the phone and called a friend to get the latest gossip.
    I watched patiently all day long. With all our activities I guess you were too busy to say anything to me.
    I noticed that before lunch you looked around,maybe you felt embarrased to talk to me
    that is why you didnt bow your head. You glanced three or four
    tables over and you noticed some of your friends talking to me briefly
    before they ate, but you didnt. Thats okay there is still more time left,
    and I hope that you wil talk to me. Yet
    you went home and it seems as if you had lots of things to do. After a few
    of them were done you turned on the TV. I dont know if you like TV or not, just about anything goes there and you spend a lot of time each day in front of it not thinking about anything,just enjoying  the show. I waited
    patiently again as you watched the TV and ate your meal, but again
    you didnt talk to me.
    Bedtime I guess you felt too tired. After you said
    good night to your family you plopped into bed and fell asleep in no time. Thats okay because you may
    not realize that I am always there for you. Ive got patience, more
    than you will ever know.. I even want to teach you how to be patient with others as well.

I love you so much that I wait everyday for a nod, prayer or thought, or a
    thankful part of your heart.
    It is hard to have a one sided conversation.

Well you are getting up once again. Once again I will wait
    with nothing but love for you.
    Hoping that today you will give me some time.
    Have a nice day!

Your friend.
    God

• Lesson from the life

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you want to
    pick them from your dreams and hug them.

Dream what you want to dream;
    go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only
    one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do. May you
    have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you
    strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy.

Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it
    probably hurts the other person, too. The happiest of people don't
    necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of
    everything that comes along their way.

Happiness lives for those who
    cry, those who hurt, those who have searched, and those who tried, for
    only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their
    lives.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear.
    The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't
    go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling.
    Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and
    everyone around you is crying.
  • May the Lord answer you

A young man had been to Wednesday night Bible study. The priest was talking about listening to God and obeying the Lord's voice. The young man couldn't help but wonder, "Does God still speak to people?" After the Bible study, he went out with some friends for a coffee and pie and they discussed the message. Several different ones talked about how God had led them in different ways. It was about ten o'clock when the young man started driving home. Sitting in his car, he just began to pray, "God... if you still speak to people, speak to me, I will listen. I will do my best to obey." As he drove down the main street of his town, he had the strangest thought to stop and buy a gallon of milk. He shook his head and said out loud, "God is that you?" He didn't get a reply and started on home. But again, the thought, buy a gallon of milk. The young man thought about Samuel and how he didn't recognise the voice of God and how little Samuel ran to Eli. "Ok God, in case that is you, I will buy the milk." It didn't seem too hard a test of obedience. He could always use the milk. He stopped and purchased the gallon of milk and started off towards home. As he passed Seventh Street, he again felt the urge "Turn down that street." This is crazy, he thought and drove on past the intersection. Again, he felt he should turn down Seventh Street at the next intersection; he turned back and headed down Seventh Street. Half-jokingly, he said out loud, "OK God, I will." He drove several blocks, when suddenly, he felt he should stop. He pulled over onto the curb and looked around. He was in the semi-commercial area of town. It wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst of neighbourhoods either. The businesses were closed and most of the houses looked dark like the people were already in bed. Again, he sensed something, "Go and give the milk to the people in the house across the street." The young man looked at the house. It was dark and it looked like the people were either gone or they were asleep. He started to open the door and then sat back in the car seat. "Lord this is insane. Those people are asleep and if I wake them up, they are going to be mad and I will look stupid." Again, he felt that he should go and give them the milk. Finally, he opened the door, "OK God, if this is you, I will go to the door and give them the milk. If you want me to look like a fool, OK. I want to be obedient. I guess that will count for something but if they don't answer right away, I am out of here." He walked across the street and rang the bell. He could hear some noise inside. A man's voice yelled out, "Who is it? What do you want?" Then the door opened before the young man could get away.

The man was standing there in his jeans and T-shirt. He looked like he had just got out of bed. He had a strange look on his face, and didn't seem to happy to have some stranger standing on his doorstep. "What is it?" The young man thrust out the gallon of milk, "Here I brought this to you." The man took the milk and rushed down the hallway speaking loudly in Spanish. Then from down the hall came a woman carrying the milk towards the kitchen. The man following her was holding a baby. The baby was crying, and the man had tears streaming down his face. The man began speaking while crying, "We were just praying. We had some big bills this month and we ran out of money. We didn't have any milk for our baby."

"I was just praying and asking God to show me how to get some milk." His wife in the kitchen yelled out, "I asked him to send an Angel with some, are you an Angel?" The young man reached into his wallet and pulled out all the money he had on him and put it in the man's hand. He turned and walked back to his car and the tears were streaming down his face.
    He knew that God still answers prayers.

pray for me

joe
  • Peter Siemens lay on the grimy floor of a Russian prison after being unconscious for three days. He had been arrested for sharing the gospel with children. His fellow prisoners had horribly beaten him in return for being promised parole by the guards. As they attacked him, Peter remained silent.

Seeing that he was conscious, one of the prisoners asked, “Why didn’t you scream as we beat you?”
        “I wondered if you were beating me just for your own sport, without the approval of the guards,” Peter answered through bleeding lips. “If so, and I had yelled, you would have been punished for prison misconduct. I did not want you to suffer, because Jesus loves you, and I do, too.”

God Bless
    Please pray for me

• THE BELL
    I KNOW WHO I AM
    I am God's child (John 1:12)
    I am Christ's friend (John 15:15 )
    I am united with the Lord (1 Cor. 6:17)
    I am bought with a price (1 Cor. 6:19-20)
    I am a saint (set apart for God). (Eph. 1:1)
    I am a personal witness of Christ.  (Acts 1:8)
    I am the salt & light of the earth (Matt.5:13-14)
    I am a member of the body of Christ (1 Cor 12:27)
    I am free forever from condemnation (Rom. 8: 1-2)
    I am a citizen of Heaven. I am significant (Phil.3:20)
    I am free from any charge against me (Rom. 8:31 -34)
    I am a minister of reconciliation for God (2 Cor.5:17-21)
    I have access to God through the Holy Spirit (Eph. 2:18)
    I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph. 2:6)
    I cannot be separated from the love of God (Rom.8:35-39)
    I am established, anointed, sealed by God (2 Cor.1:21-22)
    I am assured all things work together for good (Rom. 8: 28)
    I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16 )
    I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph. 3: 12 )
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)
    I am the branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15: 1-5)
    I am God's temple (1 Cor. 3: 16 ).  I am complete in Christ (Col. 2: 10)
    I am hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3). I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
    I am God's co-worker (1 Cor.. 3:9; 2 Cor 6:1). I am God's workmanship (Eph. 2:10 )
    I am confident that the good works God has begun in me will be perfected.  (Phil 1: 5)
    I have been redeemed and forgiven (Col.1:14).I have been adopted as God's child (EPH1-5)
    I belong to God
    Do you know
    who you are!?

Keep this bell ringing...

pray for me

joe
  • That is really really nice!!! I LOVE IT!!! thnx for sharing!
  • Wow.. nice stories...
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=3774.msg54641#msg54641 date=1147501204]
    wow, thats so beautiful && so true. but does that mean its wrong to like money, dress up, etc ? or is it okay as long as you dont go too far with it and always put your spirituality first ?

I'm pretty sure you answered your own question :)
  • This is awesome.
  • Beautiful Story, I can relate.