Friends and Feelings... Do They Mix?

Comments

• [quote author=ASM link=board=1;threadid=410;start=105#msg6940 date=1089867848]
    Good post!

there needs to be defined line that u and the other person have agreed upon as a line u wont cross. even though it wont help much if those feelings get outta control, but its says 'hey, i like you! but not in ;) that kinda way' and u can still retain a healthy male female relationship

ASM

have agreed upon line not to cross eh....well the next time i talk to a guy i'll remember to bust out my written contract for them to sign :-\
  • [quote author=mtm link=board=1;threadid=410;start=120#msg6946 date=1089870587]
    [quote author=ASM link=board=1;threadid=410;start=105#msg6940 date=1089867848]
    Good post!

there needs to be defined line that u and the other person have agreed upon as a line u wont cross. even though it wont help much if those feelings get outta control, but its says 'hey, i like you! but not in ;) that kinda way' and u can still retain a healthy male female relationship

ASM

have agreed upon line not to cross eh....well the next time i talk to a guy i'll remember to bust out my written contract for them to sign :-\

Oh common now, u know i dont mean it like that, but just bring it up... be like 'hey (insert name here), the friendship we have is tight but i just wanna keep it a friendship' i mean there are 1000 different ways to say it, find the way thats rite for you.... MTM dont pick on me :'(. and if ur that close to the person it shouldnt be hard for u to tell em that its just a friendship with no future, am i right, or am i right?

ASM
  • acutally i kinda disagree/agree with you ASM there is a period of time where you want your realtionship to be just friends and there is another period of time where you want it to be more than friends. so by saying its just a friendship with no future i guess that kills that second time period
    hopefully i didn't confuse anybody :)
  • But Wasim, what if you dont want that 'romantic' realtionship, ever??

ASM
  • then i guess you choose the path of telling him it is a friendship with no future but i think don't say it to every guy from the first time you meet him
  • But im sayin, like a best guy friend... when hes ur bestfriend... when hes just a friend its a free for all :-\ i guess

ASM
  • i am not sure if we talked about this before or not
    but if you say that to your best guyfriend and he might have had feelings for you without you knowing then he might go through depression and you guys know the rest
    OR he might take it very well

so ya it is a very sensetive issue
    i don't know anymore ???
  • every friendship and every relationship is completely different then the next
    u cant say that every friendship has some 'romantic' period cause there's no such thing.... its just hormones
    many friendships start out pure, and end pure, others may never end, others may end out in that romantic sense.... but u cant state that all friendships have seperate 'periods'
  • i guess i should have been a little bit clearer what i meant by different periods of friendship is different periods in which your hormons are changing
    hopefully that makes a bit more sense to SMS now
  • I still believe that if you guys have such a close friendship, such things won't need to be spoken about. It's a silent communication between you two. Now, don't gte me wrong, I'm not trying to make this out to be a sci-fi movie, but there are just some things that two people don't need to say but they know it's there.

sleepy
  • yes, but u cant go and read someones head. so u cant be sure of wat the other person is thinking of ur relationship. im not arguing against it, dont get me wrong, ive had very close guy freinds and they were there for me when my female friends werent
  • But isnt it nice to just get that outta the way? just tellin them straight up that there is no future relationship, just incase... i mean yeah this person can be so close to you, that u wouldnt even have to tell them that, but what if they get doubts and start seeing signals thats really arent there? why not say it just incase? what harm will it do? ???

ASM
  • i know i posted this before and i got attacked but i am gonna post it again (i am egyptian i have to be stubborn) anyway my point what if that best friend of you had feelings for you that you don't know and as you said you did stuff that wasn't suppose to mean anything but to him it meant a lot
    do you kinda see what i mean??
  • Yeah, thats why im saying u gotta tell them that u arent feeling them like that. from the start, be honest if you just wanna be friends, even bestfriends, u gotta tell em thats all u want.

not just assume they know!

ASM
  • That's true, you can't just assume that they know, but you have to get to that level first. You can't just meet someone and then tell them that this won't go anywhere right off the bat.

sleepy
  • ASM does those few past posts sound familiar we are kinda going in a loop again aren't we??
    :D
    and sleepy i asked the same question and ASM clearned it to me we are talking about colse friends here :)
  • Well, yea. If it's a close friend then you won't have to make any points. It will show from your actions. If they are misinterpreted that's a different story. You will have to see what went wrong. If feelings arouse then you have to tell your friend that it's time to take a small break from eachother. That worked for me before.

sleepy
  • Hey Wasim, its the Egyptian way, say the same thing 12 times but each time using different words, possibly using some grammer. but in the end im sure we coulda answered this question with 4 or 5 posts. but we're Egyptian what can i say, we're gonna milk it for all its got :D

ASM
  • [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=410;start=135#msg7018 date=1089947931]
    Well, yea. If it's a close friend then you won't have to make any points. It will show from your actions. If they are misinterpreted that's a different story. You will have to see what went wrong. If feelings arouse then you have to tell your friend that it's time to take a small break from eachother. That worked for me before.

sleepy

mmmmhmmmm you said it! i agree 110% i think that MTM was on the right track, we might as well write up a contract, these things can get messy. Boys and girls, feelings, friendship, possible laughter... it cant be good, cant be good at all.

ASM
  • Woohoo, score for the sleepy musician!!! lol

sleepy
  • u make it sound like my agreeing with u counts for something! woohoo for me someone actually thinks my opioion counts!! Score for ASM!!

High five!

ASM
  • have you girls noticed that almost everyone posting on this thread except me are GIRLS what is up with that ???
  • Of ocurse your opinion counts here ASM, why shouldn't it? And Wasim, it's a girls world and guys just live in it...lol.

sleepy
  • oh ya if so then why was Adam on earth before Eve hmmm good question find me an answer for that :o :P
  • ;D you need a rough draft before the finial copy

;D
    ;D
    ASM
  • na just an answer will be good IF you could find one :P
  • you gota make the draft before u make the masterpiece
  • Thats the one i was looking for thanx

ASM
  • Get em gurls!!!

sleepy
  • my bad we must have been writin it at the same time and np anytime
    yhe power of women