Looks

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Hey Guys and Gals
Just a question that came through my mind, do you think that looks matters??? especially when it comes to choosing a partner for marriage? also do you think looks matters when it comes to choosing a friend?? sorry if this subject is too random but it is just a question that came my mind

Comments

• ok well for girls i think it matters a LITTLE not rly. but i mean they r not going to go looking for the best looking guy and be like i wanna marry u. the guy has to be nice, a little amour lol doesnt have to be soo good just ok or cute or whatever. but 95 percent of the time i dont think it matters.
  • wen it comes to choosing friends looks shouldnt be a concern at all, the personal qualities of the friend is way more important

wen it cums to choosing ur partner, initally ppl are attracted to each other via looks but not all ways the case, hopefully thru friendship u can learn more about the person so wateva relationship is built is based on personality not looks

all in all looks dont mean a thing if the heart isnt in the right place, 'dont judge a book by its cover' coz if the inside aint pretty neither is the cover
    EVERY ONE IS BEAUTIFUL IN THEIR OWN WAY :)
  • as hardyaka always says...

when it comes to marriage....

pray alot, think alot and feel alittle....

hmm..try interpret that...and it relates to ur topic!!
  • lol this is from experience, even if you dont find a friend persons looks appealing when you first meet them, as you get to know them & develop a relationship it just starts to fade..

lol im gonna sound horrible when saying this, but its a true story and it relates lol:

umm i had a friend who had TONNESS of acne on her skin, and i dont just mean the normal type, like lots of scattered little pimples, i mean TONNESS OF WHITEHEADSS that she always popped and it was sooo grose. i could not stand looking at her face.. but when we became closer, its like i still knew they were there.. but it didnt bother me as much.. the shallowness goes away.

its like when yur relationship is shallow, so is yur perception of them. but as the relationship becomes deep and forms roots, you can see beyond their skin and you sort of become immune to letting their looks bother you. you will look and see a beautiful person ! . hope i made sence.. lol.
  • i think looks "should" not matter just because u will have to spend ur whole life w/ that peson and that person will get old and ugly and if you loved them just for the looks.. it would become a horrible marraige..
  • "all in all looks dont mean a thing if the heart isnt in the right place"

just a question.. did you mean .. if the heart is in the right place?

I think its just a saying but I am wondering what is the right place? if your heart is good makes more sense to me..

I hope I do not sound offensive..
  • lol sorry for confusing u, but i guess my point was wat u sed, bout the heart being good, considering looks is fine but the heart shud override
  • [quote author=one of the many Mina's link=board=13;threadid=4550;start=0#msg62481 date=1162006827]
    i think looks "should" not matter just because u will have to spend ur whole life w/ that peson and that person will get old and ugly and if you loved them just for the looks.. it would become a horrible marraige..

LOL dats true
  • baladoos,
    looks are not important!
    cuz when ur in love, ur in love with the person's personality not their looks!!!! remember when u answered my questions regarding what a guys think???? hahahahahhaa.....!!

any_who
    looks are not imortant in a relationship! even if it was love or regular friendship!

personality is what counts and how close that person is to god!
    not if god gave 'em good looks or not!!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • To some people it does and to some in doesn't. Men mostly want someone pretty...women not so much. Those who care about looks don't look at people's inner beauty. Outer beauty lasts for as long as they are young, innner beauty lasts forever.
    Still I have to say that those who care about looks aren't necessary wrong or anything. That's just how they think.
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=board=13;threadid=4550;start=0#msg62473 date=1162001821]
    lol this is from experience, even if you dont find a friend persons looks appealing when you first meet them, as you get to know them & develop a relationship it just starts to fade..

lol im gonna sound horrible when saying this, but its a true story and it relates lol:

umm i had a friend who had TONNESS of acne on her skin, and i dont just mean the normal type, like lots of scattered little pimples, i mean TONNESS OF WHITEHEADSS that she always popped and it was sooo grose. i could not stand looking at her face.. but when we became closer, its like i still knew they were there.. but it didnt bother me as much.. the shallowness goes away.

its like when yur relationship is shallow, so is yur perception of them. but as the relationship becomes deep and forms roots, you can see beyond their skin and you sort of become immune to letting their looks bother you. you will look and see a beautiful person ! . hope i made sence.. lol.

i don't understand you hizz_child

but i will give u the advice u said to me...........

it is not fair to treat ppl based on their physical traits!

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=4509

;), i am kidding! ;)

bentBABAyasooa`
  • LOL ii know.. that was THE POINT I WAS MAKING LOL.. :P

umm well in short form; even though looks seem to matter when you first meet a person, yur view of that person becomes much deeper and you think differently.. does that make more sence ?
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=board=13;threadid=4550;start=0#msg62520 date=1162185593]
    LOL ii know.. that was THE POINT I WAS MAKING LOL.. :P

umm well in short form; even though looks seem to matter when you first meet a person, yur view of that person becomes much deeper and you think differently.. does that make more sence ?

barakateak ya hizz_child

pray for me,

bentBABAyasooa`

• I think love conquers all, even bad looks;

But, Yes, looks are important. Jacob himself prepared the younger sister because she was more beautiful. What's wrong with that. I think she has to be beautiful in your eyes.

My next door neighbour in paris is probably the most beautiful woman i've ever seen. She's drop dead gorgeous. My friends just come by my apartment to see whether she's there or not. But after living together etc, She sees me as a brother. She even calls me her elder brother. ??? :'(
    :'( :'(

As for growing old... i mean, if he's ugly when he's young, he's gonna be mega ugly when he's older... so... chose wisely!

• ok..vasillios i think you have a point but ur examples are too extreme...

ok say u marry this drop dead gorgeous girl and then ba3d el shar the girl say..gets burnt...

will you leave her then??????????

if yes...then thats shallow

if no...then why did it make a difference when you got to marry her??
  • That's a good point Why,
    Well I just don't know, but I do find lots of people in our church do actually get married to good looking people just coz of their looks, and then once they get married problems starts apearing coz they didn't understand the personality really well and stuff. you find this guy, he doesn't even know the girl really well and because she is pretty he just asks for her hand in marriage without even knowing whether she is good for him or not or whether she agrees about him or not. Shouldn't marriage be based on Love, and my understanding of Love is that it shouldn't be condititional, it shouldn't be based on looks, simply because after marriage by a bit of time (and by the way not too long after marriage) the couples get use to each other's looks and then what is left is only the good personalities. So basically what I mean is if you take a husband or a wife coz her/his nice looking only and his/her personality is bad, then you are just putting yourself inside hell (sorry for the bad lang), but this is just how I think.
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=13;threadid=4550;start=0#msg62531 date=1162215489]

I think love conquers all, even bad looks;

But, Yes, looks are important. Jacob himself prepared the younger sister because she was more beautiful. What's wrong with that. I think she has to be beautiful in your eyes.

My next door neighbour in paris is probably the most beautiful woman i've ever seen. She's drop dead gorgeous. My friends just come by my apartment to see whether she's there or not. But after living together etc, She sees me as a brother. She even calls me her elder brother. ??? :'(
    :'( :'(

As for growing old... i mean, if he's ugly when he's young, he's gonna be mega ugly when he's older... so... chose wisely!

hmm.. didnt see this side of vassilos before.. im offended. girls are not just eye candy.. WE HAVE PERSONALITIES TOO !! yu owe us an apology :)
    bye :P:P
  • hahhahaha... you lot are soo funny.

I met this girl on tasbeha.org who showed me her picture - and i have to admit, because i knew her very well by then, i thought she was remarkably sweet. Of course I liked the picture more because we became friends.

Had i seen the picture posted somewhere - without knowing her, i'd probably have never looked twice.

Now, to answer your question: Would i leave my wife if her face got burnt???

Im very much attracted by purity of heart. I find that very attractive. I hate arrogance. My next door neighbour is quite humble too (and pretty), but there's a certain purity of the heart that just astonishes me... I find it very charming in fact. My parents saw her, and my dad was like "Oh man.. what a neighbour" ... she's soo beautiful.. but what Im attracted to is really purity of heart. Truly.

Most girls i meet in France try to impress me with how they are "sophisticated" in a very "sexual" way.. and i find that very very dumb and lame (and quite boring in fact). There's a certain purity in certain christian girls i find very attractive despite how they look physically. In fact, such purity of the heart emanates on their faces.

No one would leave their spouse if they had an accident... would they?? that's really weired to do that.

But still, what's wrong with being attracted to the girl? Physically?? that surely can't be a crime? I mean, her body and her face are still part of her, and they need to be given attention also?? hahahha...

(ask abouna... im 1000% sure he'd agree).
  • i agree with vas!

inner beauty is imortant based on true love! however, there is nothing wrong to say to ur fience (if it was a guy) "ur the most handsome guy i have meet, with the kindest heart!!" or (if it was a gurl) 'YOU ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFULL GURL I HAVE EVERY MEET" there is nothing wrong with that, i mean my fience says it all the time to me, did he thought i was pretty when he saw me? yes, but he saw my personailty was n't clear enough for him to see! and same to me i thought he was good looking but i didn't see his personality ( and both of us though that this engagment was not a good idea! but later on he meet my personality and loved it! and i saw his and loved it! personality should be the number one thing u should look for in a partner then looks!! but looks without personality is not gonna work!!
    however, if ur in love with a person, ur gonna think they are the most beautifull/ handsome person alive!!!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • Well i'm definitely with bentbabayasooa, guys personalities matters the most, I think that lots of people care about looks, but believe me from stories from my married cousins. My cousin based her opinion on the looks of the guy she got married to. They got married but after marriage things started changing a lot. The guy was very very very tough on her, he was an anger person, well basically she now says that her marraige to the guy was the biggest mistake she ever done in her life, he treats her very badly and we are all involved to solve her problem with her husband until now. Boys and Girls think really really well before any commitment, try not to base your selection on looks, it is not the best choice, base your choice on the personality and aslo how much this person loves you.

Later
  • what can i say............

love is sweet
    love is tough
    love is love!

i am soooo in love!!

;D

bentBABAyasooa`
  • lol thats great to hear.. :D:D
  • I disagree with some of what was said here.

First of all, I don't think looks really matter with friends (that said, certain looks are off-putting: i.e. lack of hygeine, or girls who wear really revealing clothing - yes, I consider these things as part of how someone "looks").

However, it is necessary to be attracted to the person you are going to marry. That said, they don't have to be supermodels, and you SHOULD NOT marry them just because of their looks.

And I do think girls definately care about what guys look like - some dress like slobs, and it shows they have no self-respect. Again, looks are a necessary part of your attraction to someone. Although, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there are things that matter more.
  • Guys, i just want to say, from experience, that i dated many girls, and 2 happened to be models (mexican). Believe me, they were the easiest to forget. Hec, i even threw one out of my apartment.

Personality and spirit and Akhlak are what keep u interested. Not looks at all.
    Besides, nowadays, who can we say is ugly with all the new cosmetics going around??

If u love someone's face, great, i hope u love her personality and her kindness too!!
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=13;threadid=4550;start=15#msg63715 date=1164223618]
    Guys, i just want to say, from experience, that i dated many girls, and 2 happened to be models (mexican).

ya3ni ya sedi

[quote author=vassilios link=board=13;threadid=4550;start=15#msg63715 date=1164223618]
    Believe me, they were the easiest to forget. Hec, i even threw one out of my apartment.

hahahahahaha........... ( we gotta talk about that later, when we meet again)

[quote author=vassilios link=board=13;threadid=4550;start=15#msg63715 date=1164223618]
    Personality and spirit and Akhlak are what keep u interested. Not looks at all.

I Agree! YOu can find a person the most pretty gurl that god ever created, but her personalit is plain TRASH!

Besides, nowadays, who can we say is ugly with all the new cosmetics going around??

I know most guys like their fience ( i don't want to say their GURL " cuz dating is wrong") plain natural! and make up is for people who don't have confidence in themselves! ( i am talking about the people who put tons and tons on their faces)

Personalites and manners is what counts in a person, look at what is inside not what is outside
  • I don't think makeup reflects what kind of a person someone is.. some people just like putting on makeup for fun. However, people with low self esteem do tend to put a lot of makeup on.
  • That's an interesting comment HizzChild,

Is that something you've noticed? or is it something that's well known?
  • Well makeup depends, but I don't know, I find girls much more prettier without makeup, maybe its only me, but really, i have seen girls in my church that don't put makeup and they look so so nice, very pretty, my best friend she doesn't put except very light makup, maybe a bit on the eye and that's it and it looks very nice, she looks very natural. But again makeup depends on the personality. I have always realised that girls that are a bit idle put tons of make up and honestly for me as a guy i feel that they don't look nice at all and that it doesn't show how their real look is.
  • Hany,

E7sebha this way:

What can u NOT live with?

a) someone ugly
    b) someone not pretty, but not ugly
    c) someone who never apologises when she offends you?

You see how someone ugly can all of a sudden seem beautiful??
  • I think you can deny it all you want but looks are important. however at the end of the day personality is wat wins.

its very hard to consider someone if ur not attracted to them in someway even if u do talk to them alot. I mean they dont have to be so gorgoues that when they walk outside the birds sing for them and a rainbow shoots out there backside, but they gotta have a little something.

A compination of both looks and personality is best. and just because someone is beutiful doesnt mean they have a awful personality, i dont know why everyone has jumped to this assumption.

I actually find hot girls are just as insecure if not more so then ugly girls. oh and final point to much make up that makes ur face look like micheal jacksons is not a good look.