Prayer Requests

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey Guys,

I think we should dedicate a thread for Prayer Requests.

My Prayer Requests:

Please pray that I get accepted in student council, my interview was today and I was 20min late and the supervisor was so annoyed, I need lotsa prayers, the results will be on the 28th *shiver*!

Also please pray that i do good on my last 2 exams.

Also, please pray that God protects Winnipegers from mosqitoes this summer.

Thanks,

Your Prayer is needed!

Unworthy,

Mike (Defender)

Comments

• will do defender.

and plz pray for me for my exams..i got only 2 starting monday.
  • Sure thing guys
  • Thanks guyz,

I'm so happy we finally solved our problems now! The Forum is Awesome now, don't ya think

Please post prayer requests

Defender
  • OK Defender. :)
  • Hey all,
    The forum has always been a good place. There is turbulance everywhere. But we are definitely a good group!
  • We defienitly are by the Grace of Christ, brother.

Defender
  • ye i will pray 4 use
    pray for me because i complained about a teacher and almost got an after school detention and i am having the worst time and also at church i have the biggest problem and i dont have a solution please pray that God will give me wisdom and strength

thanx lots
    Nardin God bless you's and help you throughout your problems
  • Can you all please pray for a loved friend from our church who has passed away this morning. Please pray for him and his family and that God can give them the strength to hold on and continue their lives.
    Thank You
  • OK Wasim!

:'(
  • one of my closest friend just got diagnosed with a very serious cancerous brain tumor, he is just 23 years old. They say the tumor just happens and they don't know why... just shocks me... guy is very healthy, doesn't smoke, etc... 23 yrs old, brain tumor.... His parents are devastated, only son... very nice hindu family... pray for whatever God wills to be bearable for him... pray, just please pray...
  • [quote author=nardin link=board=1;threadid=349;start=0#msg4104 date=1087645577]
    ye i will pray 4 use
    pray for me because i complained about a teacher and almost got an after school detention and i am having the worst time and also at church i have the biggest problem and i dont have a solution please pray that God will give me wisdom and strength

thanx lots
    Nardin God bless you's and help you throughout your problems

OK nardin! :)

[quote author=Michael_Thoma link=board=1;threadid=349;start=0#msg4123 date=1087714793]
    one of my closest friend just got diagnosed with a very serious cancerous brain tumor, he is just 23 years old. They say the tumor just happens and they don't know why... just shocks me... guy is very healthy, doesn't smoke, etc... 23 yrs old, brain tumor.... His parents are devastated, only son... very nice hindu family... pray for whatever God wills to be bearable for him... pray, just please pray...

OK Michael_Thoma! :'(
  • ye also plz pray theres this guy at my new church and he also has cancer and he is dying in hospital

Nardin
  • Guys,
    Please pray for Saint Mark's Church at West Side, Jersey City (the church thats in charge of this site). We are attempting to buy a house thats for sale right next to the church. And we're hoping to get it before anybody else does that might cause a problem to the church's safety. More information about it is right here.

http://www.copticchurch.net/new_house.html

Please help us out, and if you are able to donate any money, please don't hesitate to...

oh, and tomorow i got exams..pray for me about that too if you get a chance lol.
  • All these sad Prayer requests...Please be commited people, whoever says I will pray should pray/

And by the way, please pray for my Ordination to go well tommorow. I'm really scared.

The Lord's peace that is with all of you, be with me too,

Unworthy,

Mike
  • Why are you scared? If it's like any other ordination, depending on your rank, your just blessed and breathed on by a Bishop. Speaking of which, which rank are you going to be ordained for? It always helps to know what you need to do before you do it. Check this out:

http://www.copticchurch.net/topics/thecopticchurch/sacraments/7_priesthood.html

If you scroll down you'll see all the different ranks and what your duty to the Church is once you gain that rank. [Taken from CopticChurch.net.]

Your brother in Our Eternal Lord,
    - Chris
  • Well I don't know, but I figured out that lots of deacons in my Church are psaltos yet they were the batrashel which REALLY got on my nerves and gave me the sensation that we are not following the Taks, so I think I'll either be a Psaltos (80%) or an Oghnoustos (19.5%) or an Epi-Deakon (.5%), but they're all good to me

Defender
  • "Ordination"...you're going to be a priest?
  • Well it's very rare to skip ranks completely. If you're not anything right now, you'll be an psaltos. If you're an psaltos, you'll become oghonostos, and so on. They only really do epi-deakons if you're above 18 and your priests are preparing you for the rank of Deakon. Which, by the way, most Deakons choose to wear all black all the time, except when they're serving, so that's why very few people in their youth or prime become Deakons. It's not easy wearing black, or so I've heard.

- Chris
  • NorthernCross,
    "Ordination" is not only used for the rank of Priest. The term can be used for the process of becoming an official sub-deacon in the seven orders of the Church of God. In Defender's case, he is becoming the first rank of the seven - "psaltos" (Hymnist).

Pray to the Lord on our behalf: O Blessed archdeacon: Stephen the first martyr: that He may forgvie us our sins.
    - Chris
  • No Northern Cross, I'll be ordained a deacon.

Defender
  • your going to be ordained a full deacon?!? are you sure lol?

here are the ranks..

Psaltos
    Oghnostos
    Subdeacon (Epidiakon)
    Deacon
    Archdeacon
    Deaconess(if you wanna call it that)
    Priest

Which one are you right now if any...if your not any of these..then your going to be ordained Psaltos..if your already a subdeacon...then and ONLY then will you be ordained a deacon. The church doesn't skip ranks. Even a priest before he is ordained priest MUST go through all of the ranks, which they usually do in the last week before his ordination as priest. But the church doesn't skip ranks. its like walking before crawling. Each of these ranks is a great responsibility, and your not ready to do the bigg job, if you can't do the simple stuff yet. usually though, no matter what rank we are (excluding priest), we refer to ourselves as deacons, but is that what your doing defender? or are you going to be one of those ranks?
  • umm, news flash buddy, If you're a congregation u can be lucky and become an Anaghostos if that's what the Bishop wishes.

Thanks for feedback though, but let's just say, I read it a thousand times already coz I am CRAZY scared man.

lol

Defender
  • only if your pretty much an adult (USUALLY 18 though 20 yr olds and around that age are excuded). usually its with guys that are already complete adults and usually have kids that the bishop skips psaltos, because psaltos means singer, and oghnostos means reader, but usually when your that old, you don't have time to sit around and learn all the alhan cus you have a family to support...so he lets them be readers right away. but thats the only rank thats skipped in that case...sorry i forgot about that one last post. anyway..what rank are you?
  • Hey NC,
    The former ministry of the Roman Catholic church, as set up by the Council of Trent, had seven "Orders". The first four: porter, lector, exorcist and acolyte, were known as the minor orders; while the final three, Subdeacon, Deacon and priest were called the major orders. This system was abolished by the Second Vatican Council. The duties formely performed by members of the minor orders are now usually performed by the laity.
    These are still in use for the Tridentine Mass, and for some of those becoming religious (monk) priests.

• Hey guys,
    please pray for our sister Jessica,in sydney, she's had a brain tumour, she's very young maybe 16 yrs old. She's in hospital right now and is very sick.. Please pray that God strengthen her and be with her family whatever his will may be.

Also, please pray for your brothers and sisters in universtiy in Australia, we all have end of semester exams..
  • Michaerl, I think exorcist must be a cool job to have. I'm saying that because I saw my sister attacked recently.

Well Defender, I'm sure that you'll be a fine deacon. :)

God bless!
  • NC- i am confused? attacked?

Defender- are you a deacon now?

God bless you,
    moora
  • Yes, my sister was attacked recently by some wierd spirit or something. It was choking her, so my uncle hit her with a special stick. Now she's fine. (No guys, I'm not joking.)
  • please pray for my teta (grandma) she has cancer. :( and i'll try and remember to pray for all of your requests.
  • hey guys
    i've been reading ur posts for a long time, but never actually posted lol
    well, i don't have a prayer request... because to be honest: i was kinda mad at God for a long time... but lately he's been there for me
    like this past week we all had finals and my last 2 finals are tomorow... and i had a 20 page history packet to fill out with definitions and identifications... so i figure..ill sleep two hours and finish it later...
    i come and check my mail real quick.. and thanx to God... i find that one of my friends emailed me the whole review packet so that i can study from it!
    i dont know if thats cheating or not, but all i can say is that out of 14 chapters in my book, i had 10 done... so i cnt get much farther away from cheating
    but God is a life saver!
    sry for rambling, just thought to share that... sounds like something little and dumb, but when u put urself in my position... its a BIG deal! lol :D