Prayer Requests

Comments

• Curlyegangel, God is always a lifesaver. I'm glad that you're feeling better, and good luck on your exams. I will pray for you. lol.

sleepy
  • Michael_Thoma, im in a similar situation

one of my close friends was just diagnosed with three growing cancerous tumors on his neck... they were removed this past week and he is still in the hospital... and its so sad because he's only 16 and i saw him a few weeks back and asked him y he hadnt been coming to school, and all he said was that he was having problems with his necks
    he only had his closest friends know, and no one else was to know... then one of his teachers spilled
    plz plz plz keep him in ur prayers... he is one of those guys that TOTALLY deserves everything in life

battata... i know exactly how u feel, my tita had cancer too
    but i must say... if its reached a pretty bad stage... she's all God's and only He can do anything now... and He WILL fulfill not only what He wants, but what your grandma wants too... and u should want whats best for her too (i know its the toughest thing in the world... but ull realize it later)
    :-\ sorry everybody

and defender, its a deacons ordination for God's sake... no biggie
    u go up there and tell him ur name, he blows in ur face, and u wear ur tunia and go on ur merry way
    thats all... nuttin to be scared about :)
  • and defender, its a deacons ordination for God's sake... no biggie
    u go up there and tell him ur name, he blows in ur face, and u wear ur tunia and go on ur merry way
    thats all... nuttin to be scared about

hahahaha, nice way of putting it. Good luck defender.

sleepy
  • thanks SMS, im sure she'll be fine God willing. shes going to have surgery soon and me and my mom are going to egypt. the only thing im worried about is her suffering, but they say shes going to be okay and thank God it didn't reach her blood stream or bone. sorry about your teta and i hope shes okay. :)
  • SMS, I am praying for your friend especially, as well as everyone's who has asked. An update on my friend, they discovered another tumor on his spine, he will have to undergo radiation and possibly chemo. Please keep him in your prayers. His recovery from the 1st surgery is excellent, thank you for your prayers, he is already on his feet. Your prayers are heard.
  • To all here.. my prayers are with you!!?!? i was seriously thinking of starting this thread but Defender beat me to it!

I pray for all the cancer victims and surviors and all who need God's guidance and mercy, to batata, sms, and michael_thoma and anyone else who requested .. that God ya3n and strengthen their faith to submit to him and seek his will alone! Lord have mercy upon us all! Ya Rab forgive us our sins and help us seek you!

i have a couple of prayer requests myself and hope i am not pushing it :-\ :
    1 )Please pray that my mom wouldn't have to have surgery next month and that with the prayer and guidance of Holy Virgin Mary to God, she will be healed without one.... THank God that this surgery is not critical or anything like dangerous but still !
    2 ) Please pray for my friend, she got in a very serious car accident last December and she suffered major brain injury, her motor skills are damaged, she is going through alot of treatments which are so so expensive! Pray that her condition keeps improving (for thanks to God she has) and that her family finds strength to keep going!

Thanks so much for your prayers and Rabena bless you!
    moora
  • sry DimYana... i dont know what to say...
    but as for anyone that has someone going into surgery... it can be a good thing... i mean thats y God allowed the development of medicine, so that ppl may have surgeries
    but our egyptian mentality has led us to believe that surgeries are another form for the devil to come to earth from hell... seriously u guys
    stop being such egy's and let the doctor do the necessary surgeries!
    lol, that wasnt directed towards nyone... just thought to share
  • [quote author=SMS link=board=1;threadid=349;start=30#msg4455 date=1088020740]
    but our egyptian mentality has led us to believe that surgeries are another form for the devil to come to earth from hell... seriously u guys
    stop being such egy's and let the doctor do the necessary surgeries!

i have never heard that concept before SMS
  • Yes it is,

But medicine, is not perfectly the answer, sometimes, medicine takes a long time of suffering.

But God's Hands are PERFECT, once they touch you, you rise up from all sicknesses.

Just like the story of the disabled, Jesus Christ healed him, not only did he rise from his sickness at once but he rose and carried his bed home.

Epsaltos Michael
  • Epsaltos Michael you said it!! thats what i was meaning.... IT Would be soo much better and easier if she didn't have to have the surgery but if she does just pray that Virgin Mary is there to guide her!!! WhaT EVer God wants i know is best!! Just leave all your burdens on him and keep praying!!

O and in that story: God said to the paralized man (before he told him to get up and walk) that his sins are forgiven him!! Now thats the greatest miracle ever.. wow can you imagine what it feels like to be sinless ... for just a brief moment!

Moora
  • 1 Peter 5
    7casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Epsaltos Michael
  • DimYana, i wasnt shooting anything at you, it was just a general idea that i posted lol... but ya, i get exactly what ur saying

now, to be sinless for a moment.... IN MY DREAMS! lol... maybe one day God will grant all my dreams to come true! ;D
  • All of us were sin-less for one moment... at our baptism ;D
  • when I write about my baptism, I always amaze at the word sinless given to a human, and think that God is Great that He made the impure pure and the broken fixed.

Epsaltos Michael
  • Thank you and God Bless all of you who are praying for my friend, I know God hears your faith because he is healing from his first operation well. Please continue your wonderful act of charity.
    I was reading some news online and I found this:

SAUDI ARABIA : SAUDI ARABIA JAILS INDIAN NATIONAL
    Religious police tortured expatriate for ‘spreading Christianity.

June 9 (Compass) — An Indian national abducted and tortured 10 weeks ago by Saudi Arabia’s religious police for “spreading Christianity” remains jailed in Riyadh’s Al-Hair Prison without trial or even formal charges against him.

Brian Savio O’Connor, 36, was accosted on Al Massif street just outside his living quarters in the Mursalat district of Riyadh early on the evening of March 25. As he started down the street, a muttawa (member of the religious police) stopped him, asking harshly, “Why did you not attend ‘Salah’ [evening prayers]?”

Surprised, since shops along the street were already re-opening as their owners returned from Muslim prayers, O’Connor took out his Saudi identity card, proving that he was a Christian. When another three men came up and tried to grab his I.D. card, O’Connor ran back to a shop where he had seen a work acquaintance. But the group of men chased him into the shop, grabbing and beating him right there.

Hung Upside Down, Beaten and Kicked

O’Connor was then dragged to a mosque with an adjacent muttawa office just behind his home. There, O’Connor later told friends who visited him in prison, his legs were chained and he was hung upside down. For the next seven hours, his muttawa captors alternately kicked and beat him in the chest and ribs.

According to International Christian Concern, a U.S.-based advocacy group who first broke the news of O’Connor’s arrest on March 31, O’Connor was “whipped on his back and soles of his feet by electrical wires,” causing intense pain.

After some time, one of his tormentors told him that he would not be harmed any further if he just “told the truth.” When questioned, O’Connor declared that he did preach the Bible, but he denied converting Muslims to Christianity. A few minutes later, the beatings resumed, along with painful squeezing of his face.

O’Connor said that at one point, when he was gasping for breath and moaning from the blows, a muttawa placed a call on his mobile telephone to a Saudi coordinator at his place of work. Laughing loudly, the muttawa held the phone to O’Connor’s mouth so the man on the line could hear the Indian’s groans.

Arrested on Three Charges

Finally at 2 o’clock the next morning, the muttawa took O’Connor to the Olaya police station, ordering him put under arrest on three charges: preaching Christianity, selling liquor and peddling drugs. Ten days later, the Indian Christian was transferred to Riyadh’s Al-Hair Prison.

While held at Olaya, O’Connor was allowed visits by several friends, who then notified the Indian Embassy of his arrest. Although two embassy representatives visited him on April 3, the day before he was sent to prison, they have not since been allowed access to him by Saudi authorities.

“The charges against him are spreading Christianity, plus liquor,” an Indian Embassy official confirmed yesterday to Compass from Riyadh. “We requested to visit him in prison about two weeks ago,” he specified, “so we will go as soon as we get permission.”

In April, an embassy representative told one of the prisoner’s friends that O’Connor had “broken Saudi law” by having five Bibles, one of them Arabic and another Urdu, and that he had even admitted that he was teaching the Bible in his home.

“We do not interfere or do any kind of investigation in these cases,” the official declared. “We merely ask for the official Saudi response, and ask their government to proceed with whatever punishment is due.”

O’Connor himself has apparently been told that his embassy has secretly “agreed” with Saudi officials that he will serve a three-month sentence at Al-Hair Prison, and then be deported without any court proceedings. The Indian Embassy has denied any such arrangement.

O'Connor's Brother Vows Hunger Srike

From India, O’Connor’s older brother Raymond has vowed to begin a hunger strike to publicize his brother’s plight if the Saudi authorities have not released him by June 15. “Even my government is just washing their hands of the case,” he told Compass by telephone.

According to Raymond O’Connor, the Indian Embassy in Riyadh told him, “Everything is in the hands of the Saudis. We cannot do anything.” Despite all his calls and faxes to Riyadh, he said, he has not received one message or answer from the embassy in reply.

The All India Catholic Union issued a press release and fired off a protest letter to King Fahd of Saudi Arabia last week, demanding that the Indian Christian be “given a fair trial and released.” Their advocacy followed a diplomatic inquiry by the Indian Bishops’ Conference to the Saudi Arabian Embassy in New Delhi which went unanswered.

A cargo agent for Saudia Airlines, O’Connor left his hometown of Hubli in India’s Karnataka State six years ago to work in Saudi Arabia.

The Indian Christian currently shares a windowless cell with 16 other inmates at Al-Hair Prison. Located on the southern edge of Riyadh, the facility is Saudi Arabia’s largest prison, housing an estimated 3,500 prisoners.

Please pray for Brian as well.
  • Our prayers are with Brian and your friend, Mike. But I have just one question concerning what happened with Brian O'Connor. Isn't there a International Human Rights Agreement that prohibits cruel and unusual punishment? I remember also reading about that and an organization created to prevent the violation of human rights around the world. If my memory serves me correct, this organization was founded shortly after the genocide in Rwanda where 500,000 were killed in "ethnic cleansing". Can't they do anything for him?

- Chris
  • hey guys
    i willl try and remember everyone u guys mentioned
    plz pray for my cousin she is really suffereing in sanaweya 3ama in egypt
    she is in danger of falling the year
    pray for her and me
  • Well, the UN and the Vatican are trying to get him released as well as the Indian government. But the militants in Saudi are a powerful group, some with ties to the royal family. Laws are ignored...
    I will pray for all yor requests and all of you as well, thank you
  • Hey Guys,

Please pray for my Friend,

She is going through a lot of emotinal depression right now as her cousin who's only 20 got in a fight with a spanish dude in the end the spanish dude grabbed a baseball bat and slammed her Cousin at the back of his head. The kid went in a comma for 2 days and died.

Please pray for both of them.

Mike
  • :o
    OMG farout
    ok sorry 2 be racist but i dun like spanish or indians
  • Nardin,
    I think I ask on everyone's behalf to keep comments about race and ethnicity outside of the public forum and threads. Since this medium doesn't allow us to see each other visually or know each other personally, there is no way comments about race or ethnicity will not offend a single person. So if you really must make such comments, say it through Private Messaging or better yet, you should probably stick to saying it to your computer monitor.

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ (Ephesians 2:13).

Thank you and I hope no offense was taken,
    - Chris
  • Hey All,
    I was flipping through the Bible today and I saw this awesome verse. And it applies to this topic in general. Hope you all like it.

James 5

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

- Chris
  • FOCUS people,

So did anyone pray for them??

Mike
  • Mike,
    I hope you weren't referring to my previous posts. They dealt with this topic to the greatest possible extent.
    Pray for who? People can post here to ask for other people to pray for them or someone they know, but we don't have to respond saying "we will pray for you". Everyone should know that we are all brothers and sisters in Christ, and thus being the case, it is enough to just post a request for prayer, we don't have to confirm if we're praying for each other. We should all understand that by now. Let me know if you think I'm wrong.
    Of course we are all praying for them and everyone who posted here, and I hope I don't seem insensitive to this tough topic.

- Chris
  • Hey Chris,

What I meant by asking that question is to remind people only.
    Please don't get me wrong but I mean we got astrayed by 'racism' so I just wanted to remind people. I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway.

Mike
  • Yea I understand.

Nah, man, we're good. ;D

Your Brother in Christ,
    - Chris
  • My parents are from India, and I consider myself Indian-American, and I was offended by nardin's racism... I can't believe a real Christian would behave like that...
  • Holy..., I just read his message right now, that is PURE racist, no offence Nardin but it is kind of racist....

Please do not be offended Mike, I'm sure Nardin didn't mean it..

Mike
  • he meant it, and I am sure Spanish people are offended. How would you feel, if someone said that about you nardin.. what is I said I don't like people with black hair? That is just pure ignorant, un-Christian, stupidity...