Who listens to arabic music?

Comments

• thats what i said (about the poll). love is a worldly thing? im sorry but most eg songs talk about love and stuff. I thought it was a relationship between 2 ppl (any 2 or more people) and god?
  • great words!!! :D
  • so what do you think about the poll?
  • i think it is great!!!!!
  • well i havent been keeping up on this thread :-\.. but let me put in my opinion. I know that every church has its own abouna(s) to tell them wat is rite and wat is rong. In my church... there is one abouna in particular who is extremly protective and restrictive to the point where videogames and music is just RONG. no way around it... it is RONG. now... in another church close by... and the priest lives down the street... his kids are very well raised but they play video games (halo 2 in particular and im gonna beat his son if its the last thing i do ;D) and his daughter lissens to arabic music alll the time. his kids are great and all but they werent put under such restricitve boundaries as the priest of my church puts. so it all depends on the priest in the church that you go to and the infuences he puts on u. In my house... arabic music is huuggeeee. however... my parents always take into consideration wat the priest says even though they might not always follow it... his opinion is always there. So my conclusion is: u do wat u think is rite and rong but think about it this way... would Jesus lissen to music... would Jesus go to prom... would Jesus play Halo 2 (even though its really fun ;D)... all i got is this.. WWJD?

Hope i helped? ;)
  • wow that was really nice and all but i mean what is wrong with video games??? they really have nothing to do with god and god wants us to be happy right and to some people video games are there whole life and they enjoy it a lot.... so that is my point to make!!!! thanks!!
    basketball :D
  • halo... violence... killin.. need i say more?
  • what are you talking about?it is just games like any other games like play station and all kinda stuff!i think it is not wrong at all!because i play all kinda games you can imagin so don't tell me that it is wrong!
  • I heard this on the news that a 15 yrs old boy killed like 3 ppl in just couple of hours . he start it out with 24 yrs old guy he shot him and he died and the 2nd he shot a little boy in his face while his dad was trying defend his family but the little boy didnt die then after that right away while he was driving he killed a women was walking her dog............ :-\ and they said it was something has to do with video games........ ::)
  • wow... video games have that kind of effect on ppl.... ::)
  • that is really sad... i never thought of it like that!!! :-\
  • ok ppl, back to topic (music)... i think we should do the poll. for your next post either right yes or no (do i sound too demanding? if so sorry)...
  • with the exception of spiritual music, i think music as a whole is unnecessary, however i must say that between english and arabic music, arabic even tho i detest it, is much less corrupt.
  • ok for the poll - i vote that yes i listen to arabic music and that it rocks ;) even though there are some disagreements between copts as to whether arabic music is alright or not, i think most people would agree that at the least arabic music is no where near as harmful as english/western music, and it is all part of the fun/leisure part of life... ;)
  • i dun think arabic music is bad, i enjoy listenin 2 it but u have 2 have limits. u cant jus like listen 2 it 24/7 an 4get the other great songs of the church like tasbeha hymns etc
    i would trade that anytime ;)
  • well i mean i LOVE AND CANNOT live without taraneem, i just love it, but sometimes I feel like i wanna listen to music, ya know?
  • i know exactly wat u mean ;)
  • same with me but i have to control it all and not go over if you know what i mean.... :D i also like listening to c.ds like spiritual or one that a church has made!!! thanks and god bless you all!!!
    basketball :D
  • OMG I LUV ARABIC MUSIC!!!!!!!!!! STRAIGHT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [move]MONICA[/move]
  • i know what you mean about balancing it out, but like it's not a striaght sin?
  • yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! i always make a c.d when i can!!!!! :D u rock dude!!!!! who is your favorite???? lol
    basketball
  • i dont think this is the place to discuss it
  • yes i know. i am sorry. fogive!!!
    basketball
  • honestly... arabic music has got really really hot beats and i just liek to lissen to them and i like to play tabla... soooo ;D
  • me too but i suck at it!!!! :P
    basketball
  • lol... yea the beats are nice.
  • i have one but has not been touched like what so ever!!!!
    basketball
  • does this have a point i can write about of courcse all of us love tabla because let you to dance iether u know how to dance or not!
  • While Arabic music may seem innocent...if you listen to the words BEHIND the catchy beat, it's usually not. I'm not saying I don't listen to arabic music...because I do...but in my opinion it's just as bad as english-without the swearing.

PHILLIPIANS 4:8- Now dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

I think we all know by now that we should protect our minds from things that are not pure (yes the lyrics in most songs...) We have to avoid any type of music (whether that be Arabic, English, or Indian :P) that makes us not think about what the above verse mentions.

God bless
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=13;threadid=1984;start=45#msg30549 date=1120448983]
    [quote author=basketball link=board=13;threadid=1984;start=45#msg30543 date=1120445371]
    ookay who is 112???? sorry i have not heard them before!!! ;)

me neither

U NEVA HEARD OF DEM??
    they are a group of singers that sing r and b , rap and hiphop...
    and CHRIST4LIFE y does it matter what chruch i go to?
    how will that question benifit u?
    Peace
    Marina