abortion

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Why is abortion wrong??? I think that if u can have a baby it is wrong to kill it but wat if u knew that the baby was going to be retarded or majorley handicapped? Why can u not choose to suffer or not. In this situation i think u should be allowed to have an abortion.
thats just wat i think thou............
::) i am just wandering cuz if it has major complications u shuld be da 1 to decide if u are in a position to take on the responsibility of taking care of he/she.
:-\

This is Verena agen,

yah, take care.

Comments

• I think that if u can have a baby it is wrong to kill it but wat if u knew that the baby was going to be retarded or majorley handicapped? Why can u not choose to suffer or not. In this situation i think u should be allowed to have an abortion.

God is the only one who has the right to decide what life has purpose,meaning and value; and who should live{and how long}is up to him.If we begin to play God deciding who should live and die,pretty soon we will to go beyond those who are retarded,majorly handicapped,etc. and begin to reason that others,based on race ,religion and other criteria,are not worthy to be allowed to live.Also,who are we to say that retarded or handicapped people are not worthy enough to be allowed to live?Are these poor and afflicted ones not precious in the eyes of our Lord Jesus Christ?Certainly we do not wish anyone to suffer pain and sorrow but it is God who decides the course and direction of all of our lives.Oh God be merciful to all who suffer,heal their pain and affliction!
  • also, they could very well think a baby will be mentally challanged and it could come out perfectly normal. its all in the hands of God. Life is formed at conception and abortion is killing it.
  • Hello!

I somewhat feel like a historian… we’ve already had a very thorough discussion about abortion. Take a gander.

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=222;start=msg1275#msg1275
  • that's true. but what if someone gets raped at a young age, ie, 17. it's not their fault, or the baby's,but the rapist. would it still be wrong if they abort because they don't want to carry this burden on their backs for the rest of their lives, be mocked and prejudged by others, or get the baby to an orphanage because why should the baby be an orphan, and suffer lonliness?

is there any flexibility i this case? or is it still wrong to take away that life?

that doesn't relate to me by the way, but what should someone do if they're in that situation?
  • NOOOOOOOOOO way, if they were raped they are definetley allowed to abort. They shud b any way imagin trying to explain to everyone that the father of this child is a rapist. If u don't explain then they'll think u've been sleeping around or ur husband left u. Both sad things. ummmmm, if that was me, GOD FORBID, I would definetly have an abortion cuz everytime I look at the baby i'd remember and I would not see him as a gift from god but as a life reminder of wat happened.
  • . would it still be wrong if they abort because they don't want to carry this burden on their backs for the rest of their lives

How can a precious newborn baby even be considered a burden?Only in our selfish egotisitical society!A society that empasizes personal pleasure and happiness over the rights of the unborn child.A society that does not recognize or value the tremendous gift of life and the great priveledge of raising and developing a child in the ways of the LORD.Guardian Angel please dont be offended as I am not speaking about you personally but rather society in general.

or get the baby to an orphanage because why should the baby be an orphan, and suffer lonliness?

I can only speak for America but I must say that there are many people who would be willing to adopt an unwanted baby.In fact there are so many people on waiting lists that some have had,or will have to,wait for years.There's just not enough babies!There are plenty of families that are more than willing to welcome an unwanted baby into their family,showering it with love and affection.Why should any baby be killed{aborted}just because the mother is too selfish to carry it to term; doesnt want a stigma attached to her name and reputation,or does not want the responsibility of raising a child.Let the child live and have the opportunity of a loving and fulfilled life!
  • NOOOOOOOOOO way, if they were raped they are definetley allowed to abort

Thats nonsense!That child may indeed be the product of rape but who is to say that it will not grow up and become great in the eyes of God!

I would definetly have an abortion cuz everytime I look at the baby i'd remember and I would not see him as a gift from god but as a life reminder of wat happened

Then give the baby up for adoption!Dont kill it just because it causes grief and brings back bad memories!My gosh we live in such a selfish society!Everything is about me or my feelings!What about the feelings of the unborn child.Whether we see it as such doesnt really matter,the fact is, every child is a gift of God AND HAS THE RIGHT TO LIVE!
  • thanks jfranklin. i was only asking what people ask. because when you hear things like that, you sometimes don't know how to reply. this society is selfish, but it's nothing new. it's been like tis since the time of adm and eve. and the sad part is that we are part of society and are sometimes influenced by them. but as christians, we must stand up for what we believe.
    thanks again and by the way, it doesn't apply to me. these words are words i actually hear.

+God Bless You+
  • jfranklin, you are missing one point. teenage girls are constantly getting raped. now before we judge or say yes or no to abortion, put your self in the girls shoes. say 16-18 yr old girl gets raped. think of how she feels, think of the pain she will have to go through. think of wat pple say (especially egyptians). she might not get married.
    im against abortion 100%. but not in cases of rape.
  • but like jfranklin said, they can put the child for adoption. the child will receive a better life with good parents and the girl will be free from reponsibility.
    but, her life won't be the same.
    with Christ though, she can be rewarded for her suffering. poor baby.... a rapist father and a mother that abandoned him/her.
    life isn't fair, But God is.... He'll reward them, i think.
  • but wat about the 9 months she's pregnant. do u guys know wat some egyptians do?! they just kill the girl (its happenned)
  • if a girl gets raped, she has 72 hrs. to rush to a hospital and do something that makes her not pregnant (sry, i forgot the name). and during these 72 hrs, it will not be considered abortion because the fetus has not formed yet, therefore she will not be killing life

and actually, ive heard that some teenage girls actually want to keep the baby because they feel that theyre abandoned by the world, and it gives them someone to invest all their love in
  • LosEgprincess,

I respectfully disagree with you.If a girl is raped it wont help the situation in any way{in fact it will make things worse in her soul} to kill the child.Just be
    cause the culture rejects the young girl,due to hardness of heart,in no way gives her the right to take the life of a helpless baby; a God given life.If a society is so hardened that it would blame an innocent girl and require the life of a helpless baby,then that reflects the sad condition into which the culture has degenerated and decayed.It in no way changes the truth of God that every person has the right to life and no society can usurp the throne of God and judge who is worthy of life.
  • unfortunately jfranklin, thats the world we live in.

one time i got into a huge argument with my dad. he said he we have to go with society, i said no. trust me when i say it was a heated topic.

if circumstances were not that bad, i would say no to abortion.
  • but it's nothing new. it's been like tis since the time of adm and eve. and the sad part is that we are part of society and are sometimes influenced by them. but as christians, we must stand up for what we believe.

You are so right!God bless you!
  • f circumstances were not that bad, i would say no to abortion.

I understand where your coming from but sometimes we have to stand up for what is right ,what God says is right,no matter what the cost.Sometimes we have to make great sacrifices in order to obey God's will for our life.If society shuns us ,or even our family,we have a God who will never forsake us.
  • i agree, but that takes courage and lots of strength
  • i agree, but that takes courage and lots of strength

Yes, your right!The word of God says,"That those who wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength and mount up on the wings of eagles".Our God will give us strength as circumstance requires.He is the faithful one of Israel!
  • Jfranklin if a girl was raped and couldn't get to a hospital it would be a burden to carry a child at sixteen. in all other cases it would be cruel to kill the baby.
    It woould be selfish to kill something so innoocent.
    thanx for your insights.

Verena
  • Abortion = Murder
    NO Ands, ifs or buts about it
    Plain and simple
    Only in individual cases where it becomes necessary for health issues. otherwise, NO! rape or no rape.
    Speaking of rape, in a lot of cases, ladies put themselves in situations where they might get raped (Date rapes are common examples) and if that is the case, then they should bear the circumstances.
    Another point, just because a girl got raped, she gets pregnant, aborts the pregnancy and its like nothing ever happened. I strongly doubt it would be like that. We have no right to decided who lives and who dies.
    In the story of St. Marina the monk (yes, I did mean monk, I have her story if you don't know it, ask and I will get it for you) she was blamed for raping a girl (being that they thought she was a man) the little child that was born of sin was brought up in a Christian way and later became a monk and a saint. Her story bears two points, among others:
    1) She was accused of a sin, which she couldn't have possibly committed, but did not try to defended herself or be angry at those who accused her.
    2) She took the baby, who she had nothing to do with, and brought him up in a Christian manner who ended up being a monk and a saint and lead a great life. So, just because the baby is born of sin, that doesn't mean that he/she is condemned or God will not accept him.
    Just my thoughts...
  • [quote author=copt-icboy link=board=1;threadid=775;start=15#msg14249 date=1100201562]
    Abortion = Murder
    NO Ands, ifs or buts about it
    Plain and simple
    Only in individual cases where it becomes necessary for health issues. otherwise, NO! rape or no rape.
    Speaking of rape, in a lot of cases, ladies put themselves in situations where they might get raped (Date rapes are common examples) and if that is the case, then they should bear the circumstances.

to clear something up that lots of people think (especially guys). girls do not always put themselves in situations of rapes. there have been nuns in america get raped. can anyone explain that? so its not always our fault.
  • you're right LostEgPrincess.
    i've got an explanation. it's only one word:
    satan

he causes that in our hearts and tries to convince us that it's normal to sin... so what if you rape a girl?
    but it's wrong. and its heart-breaking to know that we listen to him and leave our Savior.
  • first off... wat ever happened to: if GOD BRINGS YOU TO IT, HE'LL BRING YOU THROUGH IT
    ^from someones signature... i think it's u guardian angel
    why would God EVER put u into a situation you can't handle? if anything, it's another obstacle in life that you must decide how to deal with so that it makes you stronger and brings you closer to God...

[quote author=jfranklin link=board=1;threadid=775;start=0#msg14092 date=1100039636]
    God is the only one who has the right to decide what life has purpose,meaning and value; and who should live{and how long}is up to him... Also,who are we to say that retarded or handicapped people are not worthy enough to be allowed to live?Are these poor and afflicted ones not precious in the eyes of our Lord Jesus Christ?Certainly we do not wish anyone to suffer pain and sorrow but it is God who decides the course and direction of all of our lives...

very meaningful words jfranklin... God created us and set us on a certain path so that we may continue in it in righteousness... right? so y stop when an obstacle such as a rape is introduced to us?

also... about wat society thinks.. i just finished an amazing book about time and what we would do differently if we were able to go back in time... and the whole book is based upon the theme of 'don't cooperate with the world'
    by the end of the book, the characters figure out that they need something else to their lives
    so they figured: 'Don't cooperate with the world - cooperate with God.'

i thought that was really cool

anywayz, im 100% against abortion, even in the situation of a rape

cause the way i see it is like this: a rape is a life traumatizing situation.. i dont need ppl telling me that... but so is discovering you have a disease, or a disability or watching your body burn alive etc etc i can go on forever, but i dont wanna get graphic on anything in particular. but God pulls you through each and every one of these circumstances and obstacles... so wat do u think makes rape different?
    if ur an irresponsible young girl, then u r now responsible for another life and will find the proper way fast
    if u follow the right path that God provides for you, then you and ur child will grow up in joy and gladness... and you won't think of the bad memory that your a rape victem... and that your child has no father
    because above all fathers and mothers, God is your father... and if God is the father to your child and to you... wat more can you EVER ask for?

If God is for us, who can be against us?

right?
  • i give in! SMS has convinced me ;D
  • haha
    and i guess wat i said not only goes for abortion... but for everything else we face in life ;) ;)
    lol....
    just think in ur head 24/7...
    [glow=red,2,300]If God is for us, who can be against us?[/glow]

and...

IF GOD BRINGS YOU TO IT, HE'LL BRING YOU THROUGH IT

after all.... The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything!

i actually have that ^posted on my wall in my bedroom... awesome saying! (not mine ofcourse! lol)
  • i like that saying too SMS but there r sum situations where ur stuck and u dunno wut to do, sumtyms u can't even think abt it-wut ur saying- i mean ur shocked and all u can think abt is "wut do i do? wut do i do?" and wut's everyone is gonna abt me, wut wood my parent think, they'll probably kill me, and like everyone stated above, etc. and they don't think abt God is there and is gonna help me... its HARD, harder than it sounds, we can keep going on and on abt how its wrong but when ur in that persons' shoes u won't kno wut to do... u get me?
    And thats just wut i think...

Rina ;)
  • It may be okay in some cases but although you're saving them from suffering all their lives but its still killing them. In my point of view, I think God knows that they are going to suffer so he didn't create them like that so we can kill them..I mean, if he wanted someone to suffer why should we stop that?..suffering can be a great blessing. But I guess that may not be true..
  • Jesus suffered..... right?
    anyone who saw the Passion knows he suffered... and He even says in the movie that 'no servant is greater than his master' and He goes on to state how if he suffers and is persecuted... so will His servants

and rina, ur right
    God NEVER said it would be easy to get to him.. hence the narrow gate to heaven rather than the wide and broad... thats why ppl say to leave it in the SFGTD mail box
    Something For God To Do
    ;)
  • Hey Guys,
    I was just wondering what our church's views on abortion are. I heard that it was wrong unless it was just to save the mother's life but the other day someone told me that our church permits it. Can someone please clarify this for me... Thanks soo much

God Bless,
    Mariam
  • plain and simple.... abortion is wrong