Read it in Arabic

Comments

• [tt]Which letter on the keyboard is that??

ASM[/tt]
  • Hi all
    I have here a great partner Wasim and students full with enuthasim. Also I have Mark who wants to help and thanks to him.
    I'll not going to post you new arabic lesson today but I have some advices to you from my experence in learning new languages:
    1- Be brave. don't give up easly. engoy every thing you learn. and think that is your first step in 1000 mile journy.

2-Take your time. It's good to learn all letters once but if you cann't don't worry take your time. it is also good to learn 3 or 4 letters a week try to learn how you can pronounciate them and when you find arabic words try to point to the letters you know and be happy for your success. If you foun words you know all its letters try to read it ,write it, ask about its meaning.

3- If you attend arabic mass or tasbeha try to note the words whitch is repeated manytimes and ask about its meaning.

4-Finally,The most difficult thing in learning any thing is the beganing. when you pass the beganing point everything will be easier.

thank you for your help and interest
    injoy your learning
    and
    pray for me a lot
  • Thank you Shamas and it is my pleasure to work with you all
    come on guys lets get cracking on the grammar stuff haha
    jk not yet
    :)
  • hey guys as ASM was saying do you all want to decide on a time to meet on like msn or something and we all talk about the arabic stuff because people get tired from refreshing every 3 mins i know the time difference issue but for me nights are the best times
    so lets figure out a plan and see :)
  • i think that would be hard considering the fact that most of us r on different time zones
  • whatever floats the boat
    just let me know guys :D
  • hey wasim, I know a little arabic too, so I can help u with correcting, cuz I feel sry that u have to correct all that stuff for some ppls *cough* LordHaveMecy * Cough* j/k. just tell if u need any help. lol
  • hey guys ;)
    My name is Marianne. I have been reading for a long time now I only shared a little from aa year ago or somethin. Anyway u guys are great and I learned a lot from u. Anyway I wanna say that I spend about 13 years of my life in Egypt, but I am now in US, so if u guys need any help with arabic, I can help. I know Wasim is helping u guys, and he is great :)...but still if u need help just ask
    Pray for me
  • And by the way...I would really like to learn coptic, hope any one can help ;)
  • sure SisterInChrist and Marianne87 feel free to jump in and help ANY time you feel like
    hey girls you think we should start with the
    ÊÔßíá

taskheel (i guess that is how you spell it in arabic!!)
  • are u serious?u wanna teach them tashkil..I don't even know it myself ;)...jk
    It's hard ;D
  • laa laa it is not that hard you never know i might be a good teacher ;)
    by the way matt95 want to teach coptic
  • personally, I think if u teach the taskheel along with the letters and stuff it would be easier than trying to "change" all that they learned without it ( I hope that I'm making sense), cuz that's how I learned it, so I duno :-\. but I'm sure wat ever it is that u do, it will be good cuz ur a good teacher :)( I think arabic is one of the hardest languages to teach)
  • ok guys we got 4 tashkeel thingy who wants to help out with them
    or do you guys want some more time with the letters or what do you want i am flexiable
  • What's taskheel? And in my opinion, the letters are the easiest part.
  • tashkeel are symbols you put in top or under the letters and make them sound different so the same letters could mean different things if the tashkeel is on it
    haha now we start the fun stuff don't we :D
  • Lol, I thought that if I understood the letters, everything else would be easy. Oh well. By the way, for all the letters, aren't there two ways to write them, capitalized and lower case? Are the ones that Mark typed lower case or capitalized?

LordHaveMercy
  • that is the fun of arabic there is not capital or lower case :D
    but there are a lot more rules though ;D
  • Oh, ok. I think it would be fun to start learning the taskheel now, if the other students want to learn it too, that is.
  • guys sad news :-X i tried typing the tashkeel on here but it won't let me do it
    i guess we can jump the taskheel and i can do the tashkeel on like msn because i know arabic works there and if you don't have msn you can get it for free.
    sorry guys i wish i could have done it on here
    if anyone can do the tashkeel on here let me know :-\
  • Oh. It's ok, what does taskheel look like? I might be able to do it.
  • it is either a dash over the letter or a dash under the letter or a small wow over the letter or a small seen over the letter
    if you can do those let me know thanks
    i guess i just defined tashkeel no need to draw them is there?
  • I think I got it, but I'm not sure:

Æ Ä
  • nice try but what i am talking about are superscripts over the letters what you wrote are letters which we might get to them later
    but hey at least you are trying (thumbs up)
  • Oh, this isn't going to be easy...
  • we will get it anybody got anything to do till 2 years from now ;D
  • i guess we might have to skip tashkeel and skip to how to construct a sentence
    now the juicy stuff right guys?? :D
  • Instead of teaching arabic , teach our coptic language if you know it, leave arabic to the arabs