eflogimenos..

whywhy
edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
does anyone have the lyrics or a site to which i can download this hymn...

in coptic ofcourse...

its MY FAVOURITe!! :)

thanks heaps

Comments

• [quote author=why link=board=2;threadid=4018;start=0#msg56290 date=1150190822]

in coptic ofcourse...

thanks heaps

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?q=eflogimenos&type=track&action=search
  • [quote author=why link=board=2;threadid=4018;start=0#msg56290 date=1150190822]

in coptic ofcourse...

thanks heaps

here it is:
    http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/index.php?a=view&id=142

And:
    Why go far ??? :) :)
  • you could also go to
    http://www.saintmina-holmdel.org/Multimedia/index.php

It's the first one under Pascha hymns. I hope you enjoy!

PS. This is also one of my favorites!
  • thanks heapsssssss guys...cant wait till i download n heAR!!!!!
  • can i pls have the lyrics again..but not in that qwird writen..lol thats not normal..and i dont understand it
  • [quote author=why link=board=2;threadid=4018;start=0#msg65510 date=1167314682]
    can i pls have the lyrics again..but not in that qwird writen..lol thats not normal..and i dont understand it

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns%2FMajor_Feasts_of_the_Lord%2FPalm_Sunday%2FHigher_Institute_of_Studies%2F04.Eflogimenos.128.mp3

you'll see and hear the text, :)
  • :S theres a short n long tune???? :o :o :o..
  • ok no they are all the same..and the last one :S is not eflogimenos
  • [quote author=why link=board=2;threadid=4018;start=0#msg65704 date=1167644096]
    :S theres a short n long tune???? :o :o :o..

yes there`s
  • the long tune is loooooooooong lol

i wonder if the hymn is ever chanted, i never heard it in a church ???
  • also there is another one for the pope. most of the deacons think it's the same as the normal one but it;s not. you can hear it here:

Evlogimenos
  • [quote author=minagir link=board=2;threadid=4018;start=0#msg65751 date=1167765022]
    also there is another one for the pope. most of the deacons think it's the same as the normal one but it;s not. you can hear it here:

Evlogimenos

actually this sound the same as normal. so it's not the one am talking about.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4018;start=0#msg65749 date=1167755635]
    the long tune is loooooooooong lol

i wonder if the hymn is ever chanted, i never heard it in a church ???

i hear it every year.our father always prays it
    we are lucky ;)
    :D
  • no people people people, im talking about the melismatic tune of eflogimenos. The one that takes 30 minutes lol, not the normal one ;D

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Palm_Sunday/Cantor_Farag_Abdelmessih.html

listen to it here under "Evlogimenos - Long"
  • i meant the long one not the normal ;D ;D ;D
    it is said every year at my church :D :D
  • really? :o
    u have a recording??

And isnt it like wayyyyyy long for the congregation to hear? lol, some find the normal tune to be "too long", imagine this major version...
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4018;start=15#msg65966 date=1168348356]
    really? :o
    u have a recording??

And isnt it like wayyyyyy long for the congregation to hear? lol, some find the normal tune to be "too long", imagine this major version...

u r right Hos Erof,but although people in my church don`t like hymns very much, they enjoy hymns when a priest chants them. thx god we have a priest with a nice voice ( may be not very nice but at least we like it) and he is very good at hymns :)

as for a recording,i have 2 recordings (one of them is live but the voice is not very good )
  • Ya i noticed the same thing.
    Everything is always different when a priest does anything. When he comes to ur sunday clas, all the kids are quiet suddenly and start listening.
    Once a priest says a hymn, nobody complains about its length.

funny people, these copts lol

I'd like to hear a live recording, quality is not a problem.

Thnx

oh btw, do u chant other huge hymns at ur church? like for instance the 35 minutes Great Hoos lol. I always wonder wether such hymns are ever chanted...
  • our father chanted mid-night alleluia twice (as i remember,usually at the night of saint`s mary feast ),may be alleluia el hoos once (don`t remember when )
    but unfortuntelly werenot recorded :( :(
    also "long kata ni khoros " is chanted each 2 or 3 years (not evey year :( ) .i have a recording for it.
    can`t remember any more,

i will upload long eflogimenos and send u the link soon :)
  • [quote author=shnoda link=board=2;threadid=4018;start=15#msg65973 date=1168372561]
    our father chanted mid-night alleluia twice (as i remember,usually at the night of saint`s mary feast ),may be alleluia el hoos once (don`t remember when )
    but unfortuntelly werenot recorded :( :(
    also "long kata ni khoros " is chanted each 2 or 3 years (not evey year :( ) .i have a recording for it.
    can`t remember any more,

i will upload long eflogimenos and send u the link soon :)

u mean this allelouia:

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Fasts/Nativity/Wagdi_Bishara/1-h-Kyahk_Midnight_Great_Ally.1556.mp3

???
  • yes :),
    our father told us that when he was at the monistry spending the 40 days period,he once went for a wake in the desert with another father where the suddenly heared a voice chanting this hymn.they came closer and found a monk living in a cave near the monistry (sorry i don`t remember his name but i think this monk was well-known by being very good at hymns).so they came to him and revised alleluia with him then they went back to the monistry.

Dear Hos Erof,here`s the link for long eflogimenos

http://www5.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=31409
  • shokran ya 7abib alby ;D
  • welcome :)
  • [quote author=shnoda link=board=2;threadid=4018;start=15#msg65983 date=1168377081]
    yes :),
    our father told us that when he was at the monistry spending the 40 days period,he once went for a wake in the desert with another father where the suddenly heared a voice chanting this hymn.they came closer and found a monk living in a cave near the monistry (sorry i don`t remember his name but i think this monk was well-known by being very good at hymns).so they came to him and revised alleluia with him then they went back to the monistry.

Dear Hos Erof,here`s the link for long eflogimenos

http://www5.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=31409

wow, very nice. i wish u also have a recording of Al nos-elil?
  • Here is a link for eflogemenos by Muallem Ibrahim ayad and chorus and it is the normal one that we say in our church

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Songs/Coptic/Ibrahim_Ayad_and_Chorus/Coptic_Melodies_I.html

I hope it helps
  • Hi people,

i know this is a very old thread, but our beloved Shnoda had put us on notice that the great evlogimenos is still being chanted, even if it rare. When the recording by muallim Ibrahim Ayad came out i got all excited, but I found it to be very difficult to learn, even though Ibo explains how the parts are repeated over and over (which really did not make sense at first).
    Anyways, i was lucky to find a class by Muallim Gad for this awesome hymn. It's only 1,5 hours long in total, to learn the entire hymn. That gives u an impression of how much is repeated, and that it is really not more difficult to learn than other hymns like meghalo or pekethronos. The class is a good guide to understand what parts are repeated (trust me, a LOT of it is repetition).

It's a real shame that all our beautifull major hymns are getting lost in the sense that they are hardly ever chanted, so I post this link in the hope that some of you will get excited and start learning it. Please click on this link and "save as".
    When i compared the teaching of M. Gad with that of Ibrahim Ayad and Wagdi, i found out there's a very small part that M. Gad omits (in Ibo's recording around minute 14:25). So make sure to double check this if you ever get persuaded by this call for reviving this truly majestic hymn  ;)
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=4018.msg105858#msg105858 date=1251412593]
    It's a real shame that all our beautifull major hymns are getting lost in the sense that they are hardly ever chanted, so I post this link in the hope that some of you will get excited and start learning it. Please click on this link and "save as".
    When i compared the teaching of M. Gad with that of Ibrahim Ayad and Wagdi, i found out there's a very small part that M. Gad omits (in Ibo's recording around minute 14:25). So make sure to double check this if you ever get persuaded by this call for reviving this truly majestic hymn  ;)

Wagdi told me that there is one part that Ibo repeats that is not supposed to be repeated. I think it might be the first part (in Ibo's division of the hymn)....not fully sure thoo. if you have Wagdi recording you should find out the part.

• Hey guys THERe is a lesson for the GREAT EVLOGIMENOS on alhan-youthbishopric.com by muallem gad and its a beautiful hymn!!! there are also lessons for the big hoos and the great exposition etc on tasbeha.org under muallem gad kiahk!!