Ask a question_Answer for points

Comments

• don't lock plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

oh it was of the first threads i started posting on since i signed up on tasbeha plz plz nansy!
  • I said that because I thought people didn't want to post because it's been 3 months since no one has posted, so I won't lock it if you don't want me to! :D 8)

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ok how bout we start it again....

ok...here is a question....

what did st john the baptist wear when he was in the desert....

ok thats an easy one..id give that bout 2 points!!
  • skin of camels?
  • Thank you why and mnc_hnn for keeping this thread moving, does anybody want to try the challenge round questions?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=450#msg48180 date=1140195563]
    skin of camels?

u R CORRECT!!...yer why not...bring on the challenge round...woot woot!!
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=435#msg42902 date=1132540067]
    Challenge Round
    -Name 5 topics in Tasbeha.org that our beloved members have made, and specificly summarize what it is about, and where it is located.
    -(this question you will have to search in our discussions) In my Rose Garden Magazine topic it specificly says a story about a magician and Saint..., you need to find who that saint is without asking anybody for anything, and what the magician's name is, summarize it please, and what day they're synxarium is on.
    -[scavenger hunt] I will go back to a specific page in this thread and modify a very small font, you will have to read it and tell us what the symbolizism.

Good Luck, God be with you All!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

Challenge Round Questions, GOOD LUCK!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh interesting... :D
  • -(this question you will have to search in our discussions) In my Rose Garden Magazine topic it specificly says a story about a magician and Saint..., you need to find who that saint is without asking anybody for anything, and what the magician's name is, summarize it please, and what day they're synxarium is on.

is it st. christina & st Makarious or sumthin like that

and i cant remember the names but i remember the story they were pagans and a prince wanted to marry this princess but at this time the princess was starting to know about christianity and wanted to offer all her life to God so that prince went to the magician and asked him to do sumthing that the princess can fall in love with him and nothing worked for their surprise till the devil took the shape of the princess and the magician told the prince that christina came to see him and when the prince saw her he called her name and the devil couldn't bear hearing the saint's name so he was burned away and so the magician beleived in christianity and as time passed he became a bishop and during persecution both saints were excuted..
  • right story but wrong names :)
    its st Youstina and St. kybrianos is the magician
  • yes u know what? i knew that i was just tricking u ;) hehe

• I have a question...

How many Gospels are there?
  • this is an easy 1...there are 4..matthew mark Luke and John....

ok on the same sort of topic...

Which other Chapter in the Bible did John the Beloved write...other than the Gospel of John...
  • is it an epistle?
  • [quote author=why link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=450#msg48717 date=1140675073]
    this is an easy 1...there are 4..matthew mark Luke and John....

ok on the same sort of topic...

Which other Chapter in the Bible did John the Beloved write...other than the Gospel of John...

haha i tricked you.. there is only one gospel, but its written according to 4 different people...

John the Beloved wrote 5 books in the Bible. The Gospel according to Saint John, The Three Epistles of John, and the Book of Revelations.
  • oh u did trick me lol.. :P

sorry but i think ur answer was incorrect..according to my calculations...St john only wrote the Gospell acording to St john and Revelations.... :-X
  • oh who wrote the 'Hebrews'?
    and who is Jude? in arabic it's yahootha but y is one called judah and the other called jude?

also jacob-is yacoob (old testament) y is it james in english new testament and yacoob in arabic new testament?

{i don't know the answers for these i want someone to tell me :-\}

and oh yes the three john epistles hv a look:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=books of the new testament;&version=31;

GBU
  • John the Beloved wrote 5 books in the Bible. The Gospel according to Saint John, The Three Epistles of John, and the Book of Revelations.

I heard this from a priest... I highly doubt he's wrong...
  • Challenge Round
    -Name 5 topics in Tasbeha.org that our beloved members have made, and specificly summarize what it is about, and where it is located.
    -[scavenger hunt] I will go back to a specific page in this thread and modify a very small font, you will have to read it and tell us what the symbolizism.
    Each of these is worth 10 points a piece, mnc_hnn, I don't know what to do with the second question regarding the St. Kyprianos and St. Youstina, because the names were wrong and it was a joke! I took the second question out because mnc_hnn answered it!

Good Luck, God be with you All!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

• who was the mother that baptized her two sons?

GBU
    sandra
  • omg who's that? :o
  • do u mean the woman that baptized her sons by pricking herself and doing the sign of the cross with her blood on them, because there was a storm on the ship and she thought they were going to die before getting batpized,,,,,and then later she tried to baptize them when the arrived safely but everytime abouna put them in the water the water froze....so they didnt..if thats the 1 u r talking about im not sure but im guessing her name was sarah
  • in this story, isn't that it was only 1 child and the water dissappeared not froze i think? when she tried to baptize her son?
  • no... i dont think so... i heard the same story... i remember it was 2 sons and the water froze...
  • ok then ill ask one...

what was the verse in the bible that when st anthoy heard, obeyed...and went into the desert...reference would be good but not compulsory....
  • this is a little bit more difficult....

1.where was ST anthony born...(generally)

2. and what was the occupation of his father..

3. t or f....did St anthony go into alexandria and help bishop Athanasius against heresys

4. at what age did st anthony die?

5. what were the words of the angel that St anthony had saw that showed him the say to live a monastic life

tell me once u give up....umm i took it from a scool scource.,...not from my head!!
  • the verse was something like...go sell all what you have and give it to the poor and come follow Me
    1. not sure, could be somewhere by the red sea, cause i know his monastary is there
    4. 105
    5. he told him i think to work like making things out of the palm leaves..which would keep him busy, so he would rest from the troubled thoughts that the devil attacks him with

• the verse was something like...go sell all what you have and give it to the poor and come follow Me

Wasn't that st. bola?
  • oh sorry marriane it could be... i probably confused st paul with st anthony..i usually do
  • wait a minute... how is Saint Anthony mentioned in the Bible? He came much later....