Ask a question_Answer for points

Comments

• hmm i think christ4life is right..
  • because at the time Moses recieved the Ten Commandments, fornication was already forbidden by society... but im not sure if thats real reason...

1 thing im sure of, adultry is after marriage, and fornication is before...
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=420#msg41908 date=1131138473]
    because at the time Moses recieved the Ten Commandments, fornication was already forbidden by society... but im not sure if thats real reason...

1 thing im sure of, adultry is after marriage, and fornication is before...

that might be the reason but i doubt it!! ???
  • ok heres a really good question to test ur Coptic history!!

(do a search if needed)

why is the council of CHALCEDON in 451 ad/ce not regarded as a ecumenical council....if u dont know wha that is go to Coptic orthodox church and click on my NEED HELP;Church formation n its a attatchment on the second reply...that might help you

let it be worth 5 points becasue its a good question!
    we talked about it today in Saturday skool

good luck...btw give more questions plz im at 0 points

can u get at least 1 point for asking questions..then i would be rich with points...lol ;)
  • [quote author=why link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=420#msg41979 date=1131176176]
    ok heres a really good question to test ur Coptic history!!

(do a search if needed)

why is the council of CHALCEDON in 451 ad/ce not regarded as a ecumenical council....if u dont know wha that is go to Coptic orthodox church and click on my NEED HELP;Church formation n its a attatchment on the second reply...that might help you

let it be worth 5 points becasue its a good question!
    we talked about it today in Saturday skool

good luck...btw give more questions plz im at 0 points

can u get at least 1 point for asking questions..then i would be rich with points...lol ;)

im not sure, this is a guess, but is it because it was called by political rulers and not by the heads of the Church at the time or the bishops
    and perhaps because it was within the doctrine already and that a council was not needed to answer such a clear cut heresy at the time?
  • nope but good try!!

any1 else...its not that hard
  • [quote author=why link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=390#msg41638 date=1130906485]
    fornication is classified for after being married ;D

gbu
    tadpole
    marina

I believe there is no such classification "fornication after marriage and adultry before marriage"
    Check this out "But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery."(Mathew 5:32)
    So in the previous versus fornication is when married and adultry is also due flase divorce (which doesn't count) so, they are still married infront of God and was regarded as adultry.
    There is no such classification
  • what? im sorry but that confused me....
  • Christ4Life
    the quote is in reference to the difference between

fornication and adultery

however, in my point of view, we should not care what the difference is, we try to steer away from such thoughts and keep our thoughts pure, sure everyone has their pitfalls, but through prayer, fasting and communion we overcome them, whether they are sins of the flesh or sins of the thought

YBIC
    mg
  • [quote author=mg link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=420#msg42339 date=1131592946]
    Christ4Life

fornication and adultery

however, in my point of view, we should not care what the difference is, we try to steer away from such thoughts and keep our thoughts pure, sure everyone has their pitfalls, but through prayer, fasting and communion we overcome them, whether they are sins of the flesh or sins of the thought

YBIC
    mg

Why every time we attemp to discuss anything that has to do with sex, someone post "stay pure" or "remain pure" as if even mentioning the word sex is not pure. Me and why were just discussing the difference bet fornication and adultry. I admit that it is not an important issue, we were just playing around and sharing some fun. That doesn't mean that our thoughts were not pure or we have a problem that sin. What is going on?
  • [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=420#msg42351 date=1131661135]
    [quote author=mg link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=420#msg42339 date=1131592946]
    Christ4Life

fornication and adultery

YBIC
    mg

Why every time we attemp to discuss anything that has to do with sex, someone post "stay pure" or "remain pure" as if even mentioning the word sex is not pure. Me and why were just discussing the difference bet fornication and adultry. I admit that it is not an important issue, we were just playing around and sharing some fun. That doesn't mean that our thoughts were not pure or we have a problem that sin. What is going on?

i thought you were being serious, personally, hence my post

but in regards to your statement, yes, we have to think about divine and heavenly things because our thoughts are also accountable to God. Not because i am against sexual discussions, i was stating my point of view as you also state your point of view.

also, if a person thinks about a particular thing too much it may lead to falling into that sin, just like smoking, drinking, swearing etc...

"pray at all times"

not an easy thing to do, is it?

that is my point.

i hope i did not offend anyone,
    if i did, i am sorry, but sometimes, there is too much focus on these things

YBIC
    mg
  • [quote author=mg link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=420#msg42390 date=1131680846]
    [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=420#msg42351 date=1131661135]
    [quote author=mg link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=420#msg42339 date=1131592946]
    Christ4Life

fornication and adultery

YBIC
    mg

i thought you were being serious, personally, hence my post

but in regards to your statement, yes, we have to think about divine and heavenly things because our thoughts are also accountable to God. Not because i am against sexual discussions, i was stating my point of view as you also state your point of view.

also, if a person thinks about a particular thing too much it may lead to falling into that sin, just like smoking, drinking, swearing etc...

"pray at all times"

not an easy thing to do, is it?

that is my point.

i hope i did not offend anyone,
    if i did, i am sorry, but sometimes, there is too much focus on these things

YBIC
    mg

nope take no offence whatsoever ;) n ur completely right we shouldnt be thinking too hard but sometimes in our adolescent nature ....that topic seems to come up very often (especially in m computing class odd enough ;D ???) anyway Athanasius......lets respect the site...it was fun while it lasted but seriously lets get back to the point and topic...

kk....i think these questions r hard...lets make an easy 1......
    what was the name of the first pope in egypt......and who ordained him?

marina!! :D
  • JACKPOT
    worth 30 points
    CHALLENGE ROUND
    -Name 5 stories in the Holy Bible, and explain the story or summarize it.
    -What are the Coptic Months? Name them, and put them in 3 sections.
    -How old was our Lord when he was ressurected? In what book(s) does the story of our Lord's Ressurection in?
    -What day was our Lord's Ascension? (it says in the Holy Bible)

[quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=0#msg31144 date=1120774371]
    By the way I forgot to mention that you can reply "JACKPOT" and you can say if it's worth 30, 50 or 100 and then you give out a challenge question and you can say "Challenge round" and that means all the questions need to be complicated and you need to answer before they say "TIME IN" which means the round is over and you gather your points and send them to me or I'll read them!

Good Luck

P.S. you can say "challenge round" or "Time In" anytime but make sure it's an approiate time!
  • CHALLENGE ROUND
    -Name 5 stories in the Holy Bible, and explain the story or summarize it.
    -What are the Coptic Months? Name them, and put them in 3 sections.
    -How old was our Lord when he was ressurected? In what book(s) does the story of our Lord's Ressurection in?
    -What day was our Lord's Ascension? (it says in the Holy Bible)

Segment 1:

Noah's Ark---> The sinful generation was upon Noah’s time. Only Noah and his family were righteous. God spoke unto Noah commanding him to build an ark suited for two of every animal, both male and female, for He was going to flood the entire world. Noah did so. Noah had built the ark. His family, one of every male creature, one of every female creature, had dwelt therein. God slew the sinful world with a flood, but spared those who had dwelt in the ark. After 40 days and nights, the heavy rain had stopped. Noah released a dove to seek the presence of land. The dove returned with an olive branch as a sign of land. The water level had decreased and God made a Covenant with Noah. From that day God would never flood the world again.

The pillar of salt--> Lot and his family fled the sinful lands as God had commanded them. God commanded that they would not look back unto the fiery havoc. Curiosity turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt.

The story of the Technicolor dream coat--> Joseph, who was loved most by his father Jacob, was given a colored coat by his father. His brothers became jealous and planned against him. Rather than killing him, after had throwing him in a well, they sold him. He later resided in Egypt and dwelt therein. Interpreting the dreams of men, while he was in prison, he developed a reputation as a dream interpreter amongst the prisoners where he had dwelt. The first prisoner (who was a butler unto pharaoh) had been freed according to Joseph's interpretation. The cook was hanged according to reputation. Joseph interpreted even pharaoh's dreams stating that the Land of Egypt will have seven prosperous years and seven depressed years. This occurred according to Joseph. In pharaoh's amazement, Joseph was appointed king of Egypt. Later he was reunited with his brothers (they did not recognize him as he recognized them). After many trips to and from Egypt and after some conflict, this family was reunited in the peace and wealth of the Egyptian kingdom. And all were merry.

Prodigal Son --> a son received an inheritance from his father and spent this currency unwisely. After losing his money he returned to his father expecting mistreatment. However, his father embraced him and set a feast in his honor. His Brother, who had not left, questioned his father about the subject of his brother's return. The brother had not left and no feast was made unto him, but the Prodigal Son had sinned and a feast was held unto him. His father replied explaining that his loyalty will be remembered.

Zacchaeus--> Jesus Christ was walking in Jericho and was met by people who gathered from miles away to see him. Zacchaeus, being a short and stout man, could not see the Lord. He climbed up a sycamore tree in attempt to see Him. Jesus looked up and told Zacchaeus to come down from the tree. He also said the He would eat with Zacchaeus on that day. Zacchaeus was exceedingly glad. People of the multitude sneered for Zacchaeus was a sinner.
    Now Zacchaeus was small of stature but he could show
    that a man who is stout of heart can grow and grow.
    Zacchaeus offered to give back what he owed fourfold and did so. Salvation came that day to his whole household.

Segment 2

The Coptic Months in groups of 3:
    Tout, Baba, Hatour, Khiak,
    Toobah, Amsheer, Baramouda, Baramhat,
    Bashanse, Baona, Epep, Mesra, El Nasie

Segment 3

Jesus was about 32 years old when he resurrected. The Gospel tells us about the Resurrection (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John).

Segment 4

The Lord Resurrected on a Sunday, and he Ascended on Pentecost day.

:)
  • I'm so sorry StVictor, but you did put them in 3 sections, but do you happen to know what the names of the 3 sections are, because that's what I'm asking for? And btw I will keep on making questions or someone else will do another complicated question until I say Time In!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • No, i cant get it. I serched it on google and i couldn't find it

[flash=200,200]http://:([/flash]

[coptic]Amen[/coptic]
  • I cant get it. I searched on google. sry.
    +
    + + +
    +
  • thats no fair victor...give me a chance to say a answer i know...im on 0 but i will say it again...

tout baba hatoor kiahk tooba amsheer baramhat baramoda bashams baoona abib misr nasi....

n i dont know the sections sorry...

do i get any points...trust me i dint cheat of victor!!!!!!
    ??? :-[
  • [quote author=why link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=435#msg42510 date=1131878400]
    thats no fair victor...give me a chance to say a answer i know...im on 0 but i will say it again...

tout baba hatoor kiahk tooba amsheer baramhat baramoda bashams baoona abib misr nasi....

n i dont know the sections sorry...

do i get any points...trust me i dint cheat of victor!!!!!!
    ??? :-[

How about you get half credit, half of 30 is 15, so for your honesty you recieve 15 points!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • No one has answered the 3 sections question, if you want to earn points here's your chance, if you forgot what the question was here it is: -What are the Coptic Months? Name them, and put them in 3 sections. Please write the Coptic Months in the 3 section ways! Why, just to tell you if you want to earn those 15 points answer this question, because other than that, it's kinda unfair for the other members so please if you want to earn your 15 points here's your chance, please no one answer this, but Why!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ok thanks alot.i really am not sure but i will take a wild guess

the subdivision of the year into three seasons based on the regular River Nile flood and agricultural activities namely, inundation of the river Nile "Acht", sowing "Bert" and harvesting "Shemmo",

ok i lied it wasnt a wld i guess ..i did some reasearch if that was ok.n i mentioned the months before...

coptic servant i really feel priveleged ! thnks for ur patience ;D
    marina
  • That was correct it's fine I knew how to break them up (the coptic months) by a Sunday School Lesson one of the Sunday School teacher taught us.

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • do i get 15 pts too :P.
  • [quote author=StVictor link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=435#msg42827 date=1132437068]
    do i get 15 pts too :P.

Actually StVictor, you earn 25 points because that question was worth 5 points and 10 for the entire question, you earned 25 points, good job everyone, and here is another tip,
    Tip: Here are how the Coptic Months are divided in order:
    Tout, Baba, Hatour, Kiahk} Cultivation Season
    Touba, Amshier, Baramhat, Baramouda} Harvest Season
    Bashans, Bouana, Abeeb, Messra} Flood Season

Great Job everyone, anyone wants to ask a question go right ahead.

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Challenge Round
    -Name 5 topics in Tasbeha.org that our beloved members have made, and specificly summarize what it is about, and where it is located.
    -(this question you will have to search in our discussions) In my Rose Garden Magazine topic it specificly says a story about a magician and Saint..., you need to find who that saint is without asking anybody for anything, and what the magician's name is, summarize it please, and what day they're synxarium is on.
    -[scavenger hunt] I will go back to a specific page in this thread and modify a very small font, you will have to read it and tell us what the symbolizism.

Good Luck, God be with you All!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • In what city was St. George (Mari Girgis) born?
  • is it kabadooky?
    its something like that i know it!!
    GBU
    sandra
  • wasnt he from Greece.........or was it Germany?????????
  • Would anybody like to try the Challenge Round Questions? Or should I lock this thread? Please respond asap!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent