How to make someone's faith increase

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I know some people who their faith is weak and i think that if their faith was stronger that the effect would be that they go to church more and their relationship with God will grow now how as a friend of people with little faith, how do i help increase their faith?

Comments

• [quote author=Copticdeacon link=topic=7420.msg98061#msg98061 date=1228762940]
    I know some people who their faith is weak and i think that if their faith was stronger that the effect would be that they go to church more and their relationship with God will grow now how as a friend of people with little faith, how do i help increase their faith?

One great verse that have the answer:
    Isaiah 43:10:
    "You are My witnesses," says the Lord, "And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me.

Knowledge => Faith == Knowledge + Faith => Understanding

Can't have faith without knowledge and can't understand without knowing and having faith.

Your answer is KNOWLEDGE.
  • lol.. then would the answer be understand?

The best way to help someone increase their faith is by doing nothing at all. Live your life as a christian. They will learn from you, you, yourself cannot change them nor can they change themselves.. This is the master's job.. therefore just pray and leave it to him.

Just remember to pray!!
  • LOL... I was gonna write the same as Dgorgy... but you beat me to it, while typing!

that's a trick from the devil! worry about you salvation, and only your salvation... and in the process of doing so people will see you, and see your good works, and they will glorify our father who is in heaven (wow that sounds familiar!)

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!
  • yes i know i should worry only about my salvation but i worry for the other people to because they are very close to me and i only want best for them
  • there is nothing wrong with that...its just LOVE

+mahraeel+
  • We know at the back of our minds that we should be faithful to the Lord. Yet, being human, our intensity of prayer has a tendency to vary. One day you are on a spiritual mountain top feeling connected and the next day drifting or in the ditch. We have a tendency to backslide and can actually have trouble while praying. Yet Scripture urges us to pray without ceasing. The Psalms are a reflection of the mental and spiritual battles that we face.

Another thing is to get rid of distractions  - sitcoms, internet and other trivialities that we get lost in for hours - while these may seem harmless, they can dilute the intensity of our prayers, sense of priority and rob us of our best hours of the day.

Counseling, sharing literature or audio sermons online can supplement regular prayers, I guess.

God bless,
    Paulos
  • St. Monica kept praying for her husband and her son for years and years, unceasing, with love, with supplication, with many tears and faith in the Lord and His strength.
    PRAYER with FAITH can cause MIRACLES !!!
    Look, at St. Augustine, the son of tears...

God bless you
    Please pray for my weakness