i hate being mean?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
aghaby everyone,
sometimes there r some people i just cant stand..i dont like their personality and such.. i really cant help it and sometimes im mean to them. and i hate how tehy think their like" queen of the earth" or something.  please understand i am not tryin to judge but  what can i do to avoid them..is there anything besides prayer? i already told ubouna any other advice???? im sorry but this really bugs me

+mahraeel+

Comments

• One piece of advice my FOC gave me is this:

whenever you're annoyed by someone, or someone hurts you or bothers you
    remember those two things

1. Judge not lest you be judged
    2. Remember that God loves them very much and will forgive them for whatever sin they commit, so who are you to hold it against them?

A piece of advice from me: focus on your own bad traits and sins and try to remain humble and always repeat after David: 'who has mercy on the sinners, of whom I am first...'

God Bless
  • okay but i am not judging.  if i was annoying, then okay let ppl do it to me.  but yahni thats not my point.  it is just VERy annoying.  i really cant take it.  and im teh type of person who gets annoyed very easily.  what can i do? without falling into sin?

+mahraeel+
  • I know what you mean, I'm like that too sometimes. But it's just important to change the way you look at people maybe, make excuses for their behaviour. Think of how many times you weren't exactly your lovely self because of certain circumstances (I know this can happen to all of us, we sometimes lose control or don't pay attention when we are in a certain situation which would make us annoying to people...)

Also it really honestly helps if you just say in your heart:

Ya Rabbi Yasou3 el Masee7, a3enni/er7amni ana el khati(a)

My Lord Jesus Christ have help/mercy upon me, a sinner...

Hope that helps

God Bless
  • thanks  ;D but sometimes, it doesn't help.  SOmetimes i dont want to be nice.  Why do some people deserve it?
    Please...Im not trying to be harsh... help?! ANybody?.........
    +mahraeel+
  • If you say that verse with full faith and strenght it will work always, how is it that you don't want to be nice sometimes?? Is that the example Christ set for us? To be mean sometimes or to love always? To be quick to forgive or to hold things against others? "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" Look at their weakness and understand it. We are all weak, give others excuses. How many times have you hurt someone and didn't realize it but someone took it in a way that it seemed as if you meant it? Yes we all get annoyed sometimes but try to limit it by being more patient with others, have compassion on them, try to understand where they are coming from. Everybody diserves kindness, the prime example is Christ Himself! He asked His Father to forgive those who had just pierced Him with nails! Christ never turned a sinner away and defended the adulterous woman, "He who has no sin cast the first stone" I'm not at all saying you are judging them, but try to let go, life's too short to let petty things annoy you. Pray for patience and Gods help when you get annoyed, say the verse godislove260 said. It will help, have faith. Sorry for rambling on

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • see my piece of advice was gonna just be, don't worry and ignore them, and worry only about your salvation! but you said something that really got me!

Why do some people deserve it?

if you're going to get in the deserve it or not... who are you so that they may not "deserve" you being nice to them?! are you God?! are you maybe a queen?! umm... if you are that would be kinda cool... but sorry reality check, you ARE NOT! you are nothing but mere dirt!

let me tell you something that  you don't deserve, God, the Almighty! coming and being beat for you... God tells us to imitate Him... are you willing to die for these people?! even if they betray you, over and over and over and over?! are you willing to give your back to the lashes, and your face to the slaps for their sake?

if the God Almighty did that for the dirt that is much, much, much, much, etc... less then Him, you cant do it to the dirt that is like you?! how many times have we spat in God's face, pushed Him away, and when He was knocking left Him hanging? how many times?! does He ignore us, and leave us?!

ya binty wake up and learn from the humility of our Almighty God! truly God speaks to everyone in His own way... for truly God spoke through you to me today, for this weekend a few situations happened, and the devil kept using against me, until through you, He taught me a lesson!

akhadna el baraka... neshkor allah!
  • Did i say i was bein jugemental? NO! not all.  Some times you people respond judging others and yet u say dont juddge others.  Please dont be rude in your answers...thanks Forive me!

yes i understand.  This has NOTHINg to do with being cool.  Do not jump to conclusions i did not refer to.  please. My question was how do i try to be nice to someone i really cant stand bein around.  And when i do try to get away from them nicely, tehy follow.  THe only wat to tell them you dont like tehir personality is to yell at them once and then they woudl leave you alone.  Is that wrong?

+mahraeel+
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=7319.msg97022#msg97022 date=1226429740]
    Did i say i was bein jugemental? NO! not all.  Some times you people respond judging others and yet u say dont juddge others.  Please dont be rude in your answers...thanks Forive me!

Forgive me, i didn't mean to come off as rude at all, sorry forgive me, Akhteet halelny. Sorry my post was to of no use

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • [quote author=SuperMAN(BAM) link=topic=7319.msg97019#msg97019 date=1226428428]

let me tell you something that  you don't deserve, God, the Almighty! coming and being beat for you... God tells us to imitate Him... are you willing to die for these people?! even if they betray you, over and over and over and over?! are you willing to give your back to the lashes, and your face to the slaps for their sake?

if the God Almighty did that for the dirt that is much, much, much, much, etc... less then Him, you cant do it to the dirt that is like you?! how many times have we spat in God's face, pushed Him away, and when He was knocking left Him hanging? how many times?! does He ignore us, and leave us?!

Wow, regardless of whether this is the answer to the question or not, it's very confronting what you said. A little harsh, in my opinion, but sometimes it's necessary to be harsh...

God Bless
  • its okay jydeacon i just wanted to say point something out.  its not directed to anyone in specific...forgive  me

+mahraeel+
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=7319.msg97022#msg97022 date=1226429740]
    My question was how do i try to be nice to someone i really cant stand bein around.  And when i do try to get away from them nicely, tehy follow.  THe only wat to tell them you dont like tehir personality is to yell at them once and then they woudl leave you alone.  Is that wrong?
    +mahraeel+

If I were you, I would pretend as if they are not there. I keep quite and do not notice them. I let the person follow me until s/he understand's the message I am trying to send.Some day, they get it and then would either figure out why they are unliked and mend their ways or leave for good. If I were to be blunt and they are slow learners to get my drift,I would just tell them in no uncertain terms to buzz off. After all, the bible says, you should not keep indviduals company that you think may corrupt your path. And if there are people whom I can not stand for a valid reason, I would be more tempted to sin.To avoid that temptation, I should avoid them by any means without hurting them.

• but like im talking about how they follow you around.  and like if they talk to me..what am i to do? nOt respond?

You know what i mean.  I am asking this because i have hurt  these epople before and then i realized i was  wrong.  So, trying to avoid them is a possiblity. but what happens when they try to talk to you...?

+mahraeel+
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=7319.msg97067#msg97067 date=1226444568]

So, trying to avoid them is a possiblity. but what happens when they try to talk to you...?
    +mahraeel+

These people seem to be tough to get rid of, ehy? I dont know the real circumstances,but when they speak to you make your words short like "Yes or no  and I dont know". Do not engage them more than you want.That may tell them,you have little interets to talk.You are so good, I would have acted differently:-)
  • haha lol

but i dont want to make them seem like outcast you know?

+mahraeel+

• Its very easy for us to lose friends or make enemies. All it needs is an inadvertent miscommunication, careless word or even not uttering a word can mislead the other party to assume wrongly. On the other hand, its takes ages to build up and nurture a true friendship.That is unfortunately the case with a lot of other things in life. A hard earned reputation can be sullied by one small seemingly trivial incident.   
        We are all vulnerable to losing temper but having the humility to apologise immediately goes a long way.

God bless,
    Paulos

• [quote author=rpm link=topic=7319.msg97108#msg97108 date=1226472151]

Its very easy for us to lose friends or make enemies. All it needs is an inadvertent miscommunication, careless word or even not uttering a word can mislead the other party to assume wrongly. On the other hand, its takes ages to build up and nurture a true friendship.That is unfortunately the case with a lot of other things in life. A hard earned reputation can be sullied by one small seemingly trivial incident.   
         We are all vulnerable to losing temper but having the humility to apologise immediately goes a long way.

God bless,
    Paulos

thanks for those wisdom words lol tahnksss!! GBU

+mahraeel+
  • how about saying that this person is a saint...when we start to judge people we judge because we think we're better than that person so we think if im better i have the right to judge him...i know how you said your not judging them but sometimes we judge people unintentionally....just think they are better and always humble yourself put down your ego we all have them were only human
    Pray for me
    Coptideacon
  • Aghapy to all

We learned something at sunday school that i really like

when you think that you will judge someone always remember

1- You don't know what you would have done if you were in their situation.
    2- We don't know the circumstances
    3- judge no one but yourself
    4- remember that i am a sinner

a very nice story I heard

there was a man who had two sons. He was taking the bus home with his two sons. his sons were doing alot of noise, screaming and jumbing around. so the lady behind him tells him to make his sons stop and she told him that he is a bad father. so the man looked at her and told her "sorry we just came from the hospital and his wife died"
  • Just put yourself in their shoes, and ask yourself how much it would hurt you if one of your friend is trying to avoid you.
  • but i cant help it..ubouna once told me avoid them without hurtung them so that i dont fall into sin

+mahraeel+