Exam prayer

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
Hi everyone, tis me again. Well, my first calc exam was a flop, got a 65, something around there. My second exam is tomorrow, the 11th. This pretty much determines whether I drop the class and retake it next semester or if I pass, and I'm quite stressed out. I ask that you all remember me in your prayers, tonight, or tomorrow. Thanks!

Comments

• Don't worry!!! ur in my prayers!!!
  • Pray for me also. I have an exam tommorow starting 9 AM. Pray that I remember and do well. I have another exam next week. Pray for that also.
  • May the Lord be with us all...
  • Count me in as well, next friday, and there's little hope  ::)
  • Thanks for all your prayers, I think I did really well today. Professor says he only saw one mistake so far, but he's only grading the top 5/7 problems.

I was made aware of a saint yesterday who helps people when they have a very hard struggle to overcome, such as an exam or interview. His name is St.Amir Tadros. I would recommend you guys ask for his prayers before your exams, even if you don't know his story or anything. I truly believe he helped. I tried looking up his story tonight, but I could only find it in Arabic, does anyone know where I can find it in English?
  • Prince Tadros el Shotby

In the days of King Nomarius, prince Anastasius came to Egypt to find some strong men capable of fighting in the Roman Army. When the prince arrived in South Egypt, he saw a young man named John in the village of Tabour, near the city of Shotb and admired him. So he gave him many gifts in order to persuade him to go with him to Antioch, but the young man refused to leave his country. His brother in law Kirios tried to persuade the prince to leave John. But the prince emprisoned John so he wouldn't escape, afterward John gave in and agreed to leave Egypt according to a divine message he had received. Also because he was afraid of what violence the prince could do to his village if he didn't agree.

Once John arrived in Antioch, king Nomarius grew to like him and admire him, so he drew him closer to himself and married him to Osania, prince Anastasius' daughter, who was a heathen. Together they had a beautiful boy named Tadros. When the princess discovered that John was a christian she pressured him into leaving Jesus. She used to humilate him, but he used to bear it all for the sake of his son whom he didn't want to become a heathen like his mother. According to a divine message, he was reassured that his son would be a great blessing to many, so he left Antioch and went back to his village in UpperEgypt. He didn't stop praying with tears for his son's faith and salvation.
    Princess Osania then started raising her son to become like her, persuading him tht his father had died during the war. Prince Tadros was raised to be a soldier, and he was like a lot in the royal court for he had the spirit of wisdom and strength.

The prince found out that his father was an Egyptian Chrisitan who was forced to leave because of his faith and that he was still alive. The prince brought it up to his mother and told her he had found out what the truth was and that he too was a christian. The princess became very sad and started to shout at him. She put a heathen god in front of him telling him to repent and worship, but he struck the statue with his feet and broke it. A ghost came out of the broken statue and said: 'Now that you've taken me out of my home, I will have my revenge and many hardships shall come upon you' after that it dissapeared like smoke. The prince left his mother and went to a priest named Olgianus to get baptized when he was 15 years old.

When the ruler Diocletian  found out about him, he liked him a lot and gave him a very high position in the army. One day after a long fight against the enemy where they had been victorious, the soldiers were thirsty so he prayed to God and immediatly afterward it started raining and everyone could drink, and they were all amazed at his faith.

Prince Tadros felt the need to see his father and he didn't stop praying so God would allow his wish to come true. An angel of God appeared to him and told him to go to Egypt to meet his father. So he took two soldiers with him: Apifam and Dioscorus and went to Alexandria and then to Upper Egypt. God allowed for him to perform many miracles so those who were on the ship with him would believe.

In Shotb, the people feared the prince came to take its young men to be in the army, but he went straight to church with his two friends to thank God. There, the prince met with the servant of the church and asked him about a man named John. And he found out that he was still alive, but was ill and very old. He went to him and got to know him after he had thrown himself into his arms. He also told him the good new, that he had believed in the Lord Christ.
    Five days later, John departed for heaven after he had blessed Tadros, his son. Everyone joined in the funeral and he was buried beside his father Abishkhar and his sister Anvilia.

The enemy attacked the kingdom of Rome so Diocletian sent for him. He left for Antioch with a collegue. After they had come out of the war victorious, prince Tadros was admired even more in the eyes of Diocletian and thus he made him the ruler of the city of Okhites.

In the city there was a great dragon who terrorized all the people, so they used to offer him a child or two once in a while to keep him satisfied and calm. Prince Tadros saw the head of the angels guiding him to rescue a lady who needed his help. So the prince went to her and asked her why she was sad. First she was afraid to talk, but after he told her he was a christian, she became calmer and told him she was a christian too whose husband was a heathen soldier. He had died and left her with two boys whom she got baptized in secret. But her husband's family became mad at her and so she fled to this city with the two boys. So the people of the city wanted to offer her to the gods. But the heathen priests refused and asked to take the two boys and bind them to a tree for the dragon to eat. Once the prince had seen the state she was in, he took his horse and went to the spot where the dragon used to appear, the men of the city tried to dissuade him from going there, since they feared for his life from this great violent monster. But he prayed to the Lord Jesus openly and killed the beast and thus saved the boys, even more, the entire town.

Although he had an agreement with emperor Constantine in the edict of Milano in 313 AD to allow freedom of religion, Licinius never stopped his hunt for christians. Until Constantine defeated him in 325 AD. But it was during that period that prince Tadros was martyred after the heathen priests had told kind Licinius about him.
    The prince had spoken publicly about his faith in front of the king, who went mad after that. He ordered him to be beaten with sticks until his body was ruined, he had also put him on a torturing tool to tear his body, but the Lord used to help him and strengthen him. He sent His archangel to support him and encourage him. Licinius treid to persuade him offering him many gifts, but the prince had refused. So the king ordered him to be thrown on a metal bed under which a fire would be lit. But the Lord was glorified through him and many soldiers and spectators believed in the Lord. Many were martyred because of him. They hung him upside down and tied a stone on his neck...

One day the ruler of Alexandria, who was a heathen too, was visiting king Licinius and tried to persuade the prince to leave his faith. But after many having endured many tortures, the Lord Jesus appeared to the prince to invite him to paradise. And finally his head was cut on the 20th of Abib.

May the blessings of the prayers of St. Prince Tadros be with all of us. Amen.

• Here is a prayer that gets me through exams.Try it.It is an Armenian Orthodox prayer for students.Their site has some great short ,but effective prayers.Good luck to ALL.

Student's Prayer

Inscrutable Creator, Lord Jesus Christ,
    you are the source of light and truth,
    enlighten my mind and dispel from me
    the cloud of ignorance.

You give us, your children, the ability
    to speak. Cultivate my tongue and

fill my mouth with the gifts of
    your blessings.
    Give me the ability to understand,
    the capacity to receive,
    the wisdom to interpret,
    the ease to study and
    to express myself gracefully.

Adorn my soul,
    guide my work

and bless my life.

Amen.

• UGH..... exams!!!
    that is what kept me away is them exams GRR.... i am almost done though YAY!!!!

pray for me
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=Hezekiel link=topic=7335.msg97181#msg97181 date=1226616358]
    Here is a prayer that gets me through exams.Try it.It is an Armenian Orthodox prayer for students.Their site has some great short ,but effective prayers.Good luck to ALL.

Student's Prayer

Inscrutable Creator, Lord Jesus Christ,
    you are the source of light and truth,
    enlighten my mind and dispel from me
    the cloud of ignorance.

You give us, your children, the ability
    to speak. Cultivate my tongue and

fill my mouth with the gifts of
    your blessings.
    Give me the ability to understand,
    the capacity to receive,
    the wisdom to interpret,
    the ease to study and
    to express myself gracefully.

Adorn my soul,
    guide my work

and bless my life.

Amen.

That is a really nice prayer!!! i like it a lot!!! thnx for sharing!
  • Guys please remember all of those who have AS exams in January - its crunch time, and may God have mercy on us and forgive us for all the time we've wasted...
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=7335.msg97206#msg97206 date=1226652188]
    Guys please remember all of those who have AS exams in January - its crunch time, and may God have mercy on us and forgive us for all the time we've wasted...

haha

God bless u too!

+mahraeel+