Why not spread both???

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
In Matt.9:26 it states "And the report of this went out into all the land" This was stated after the great miracle done by our savior of raising the daughter of a ruler. Yet in that same chapter in verse 30 it says "And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly warned them saying,[glow=yellow,2,300] 'see that no one knows it.'"

Why would this happen in one he lets everyone know and in the other he warns them not to tell. Well yes some will say " he had no choice with the rulers daughter", but if people already know he does miracles why not let them know all the miracles.

Comments

• if u read it carefully you will see that in the first passage they ridiculed Christ and in the second they believed that He can heal them. One was to show the people who had no faith, the other the blind had faith.

24 He said to them, “Make room, for the girl is not dead, but sleeping.” And they ridiculed Him. - the first one

28 And when He had come into the house, the blind men came to Him. And Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?”
    They said to Him, “Yes, Lord.”
    29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith let it be to you.” 30 And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly warned them, saying, “See that no one knows it. ” 31 But when they had departed, they spread the news about Him in all that country. - the second one.

So it was because of their faith that they were saved in the second miracle, while in the first it was because of His power, I'm not saying it wasn't His power at all in the second one, obviously without Him they wouldn't be able to see, but because they believed He healed them. Had the had no faith or weak faith, the result might have been different.
  • But why would He tell the blind men to not tell anyone. I am sure He feared no one, so why not?
  • I think you have to look at the whole picture. There are many instances throughout the Gospel where Jesus forbade the people to tell anyone about the miracles he perfomed. There are also instances where He even forbade his disciples to tell anyone that He was the Christ. But, there is no example of the Lord saying " don't tell anyone" when He forgave sins. The point is, Jesus came mainly to seek the lost sheep and save it from eternal damnation. He came for the forgivenss of sins and eternal life. The idea of forbidding people not to tell of their healing is to stave off the impression that he came merely for the healing of the body.  Imagine,for example ,due to the the blind ,lepers, deaf people spreading  the news, large numbers of sick people flocked to Jesus for the purpose of physical healing. Such news  hampered his main work so much so that the Gospels reveal that "Jesus could no longer openly enter the city, but was outside in deserted places; and they came to Him from all corners". His purpose was not to heal all but to reveal the Father and His relationship with Him.

• It says somewhere else in the bible that they were going to take Him by force and make Him king because of the miracle of the five loaves and two fish.

If he became king then people will take it easy thinking if they accept him they are entitled to rewards in this world.. when He said "whoever does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me"

• i agree with hezekiel and mikeforjesus
    :)